What you do when team mates quit

11/10 grammer -Ign

Personally I prefer no JIP for arena but more severe quit punishments. So I’m not going to vote in this biased poll.

I keep playing and work on my k/d instead since point hunting is pointless.

One player quits, I try to tough it out and roll with it and hope that my two other team mates are semi-decent
Two players or more quit making it a 4v2 or 4v1, I’m sorry I’m out of there

Its a loss anyway so I may as well save myself from being stomped on for how ever long is left in the match in a 4v2 situation

tbh just do 30minute bans if people quit. so if people actually have to leave to do something important then its not even a harsh punishment at all but if quitters quit then rip them for 30minutes.

> 2533274843260367;5:
> tbh just do 30minute bans if people quit. so if people actually have to leave to do something important then its not even a harsh punishment at all but if quitters quit then rip them for 30minutes.

Quit bans will not work, they never have, they never will

Take H5 for instance, the game launched with less than half the features of previous halo titles, so from a starting point there is already not a whole lot to keep people playing.
Now factor in that people are being quit ban for leaving games where they are in a 4v2 or 4v1 scenario and what you have is people becoming fed up and just leaving halo all together

If I get a quit ban for leaving a 4v1, I’m just going to play something else, which will further drop the online population which will further cause long search times which will further cause laggy 300+ ms ping games etc etc etc

Quit bans don’t work
They are good in theory but not in practice

To be honest, if one person quits i keep going on as 3 vs.4 can work in your favour as you always have 1 extra spartan to kill (eg. if you all met in the middle and everyone died, your team would be ahead with 4 kills while they will only have 3). This is normally the case when 2 quit aswell, BUT if 3 quit, i just purposly run up to the enemy team and let them kill me. Why? I don’t care for K/D, the only reason im on arena is because theres no socail version of these playlists and i just want the match to end to get my xp and req points.

Keep playing to see if I can win, if not try to not die much; and if dying too much I quit. Join in progress was never a good idea for Halo even in BTB.

> 2533274801019054;8:
> Keep playing to see if I can win, if not try to not die much; and if dying too much I quit. Join in progress was never a good idea for Halo even in BTB.

JIP could be an option if you’re not penalized when you join a losing team that’s down by X% of points.

Haha this post is funny, except for the grammar part. Looking at bad grammar is harder when I’m an English Major.

> 2535431594730596;9:
> > 2533274801019054;8:
> > Keep playing to see if I can win, if not try to not die much; and if dying too much I quit. Join in progress was never a good idea for Halo even in BTB.
>
>
> JIP could be an option if you’re not penalized when you join a losing team that’s down by X% of points.

For ranked, JIP would completely disrupt the validation of the ranking system. It would be fine if everything was unranked, but it isn’t.

> 2533274887410089;10:
> Haha this post is funny, except for the grammar part. Looking at bad grammar is harder when I’m an English Major.

Well when you become a teacher, make sure to teach them well.

> 2533274801019054;11:
> > 2535431594730596;9:
> > > 2533274801019054;8:
> > > Keep playing to see if I can win, if not try to not die much; and if dying too much I quit. Join in progress was never a good idea for Halo even in BTB.
> >
> >
> > JIP could be an option if you’re not penalized when you join a losing team that’s down by X% of points.
>
>
> For ranked, JIP would completely disrupt the validation of the ranking system. It would be fine if everything was unranked, but it isn’t.

Please explain, no I’m not an idiot but I don’t see why JIP would disrupt rankings. I can see how it could be used to rig a system by having some low rank friends quit and high rank join but I’m really not sure how it affects a team with genuine disconnects and the occasional guy who really has to go, if joiners don’t get K/D and CSR credit it would discourage rigging rankings.

I never choose any of those options. I just stay in the match, and try to do the best I can. It’s better than ditching the rest of your team to die. Plus, sometimes you get lucky and WIN 1v4!

> 2533274884387290;13:
> > 2533274801019054;11:
> > > 2535431594730596;9:
> > > > 2533274801019054;8:
> > > > Keep playing to see if I can win, if not try to not die much; and if dying too much I quit. Join in progress was never a good idea for Halo even in BTB.
> > >
> > >
> > > JIP could be an option if you’re not penalized when you join a losing team that’s down by X% of points.
> >
> >
> > For ranked, JIP would completely disrupt the validation of the ranking system. It would be fine if everything was unranked, but it isn’t.
>
>
> Please explain, no I’m not an idiot but I don’t see why JIP would disrupt rankings. I can see how it could be used to rig a system by having some low rank friends quit and high rank join but I’m really not sure how it affects a team with genuine disconnects and the occasional guy who really has to go, if joiners don’t get K/D and CSR credit it would discourage rigging rankings.

There are 100s of other threads explaining why JIP shouldn’t be in ranked matches. But here is the simple version. It is 2 teams of 4 versus each other. If one team is better than the other and one person quits because he can’t compete or for whatever reason, then why shouldn’t someone have to join to cover this person? If that person ends up winning the game when the original person who left cannot, then that disrupts the ranking system and ruins the purpose of having the system. It isn’t that they person joining would get the credit from joining in progress, but the people he joined would get an undeserved win. If CSR doesn’t matter for the guy joining, what makes you think he would want to stick around also? Now if they had a system that the person that lagged out can rejoin back, then sure, but otherwise no.

You keep playing like a OP Mega Legit Man. I had 4 BTB rounds yesterday where I was either 1 of 2 or solo, the entire round. It was brutal, but so are the bans so I stayed, did as much damage as I could and got me some XP.

I keep playing when its1 on 4, regardless. Hoping some day they will give me a free Req pack. :slight_smile: The chances of that are probably .01.

I camp. Lol nah only sometimes but at least I don’t quit. Ever.

> 2533274887410089;10:
> Haha this post is funny, except for the grammar part. Looking at bad grammar is harder when I’m an English Major.

wanna try some Deutsch, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, ect… for a change you -Yoink-!ing smartass.
this forum isn’t filled with 'Merica only K.

> 2533274792998772;19:
> > 2533274887410089;10:
> > Haha this post is funny, except for the grammar part. Looking at bad grammar is harder when I’m an English Major.
>
>
> wanna try some Deutsch, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, ect… for a change you -Yoink-!ing smartass.
> this forum isn’t filled with 'Merica only K.

True that man. Expat over here moved to Italia a year ago. Learning Italian was hard as fuh I’d like to see people try lol