What you care about more? Graphics/Gameplay?

<mark>What do you care about more in a Halo game? Graphics or Gameplay?</mark>

Forge mode made me think about this with the annoying 5 second lag for generating graphics. I thought to myself, “is it worth it?”

I know people are happy the pieces in forge arent all grey anymore, or that shadows cast on the objects, but I feel like that was all at the cost of simple mechanics that we had before, like forge mode zoom in, or new pieces vs. reskinned reach pieces.

And just because Im using forge as an example doesnt mean you have to think of it that way. This Graphics vs. Gameplay poll applies to the entire game.

I just feel like while the graphics of halo 4 are better than any other previous halo game, the overall gameplay just doesnt seem to match the amazing gameplay expirience of the first three games.

Gameplay of course.

Even if a game has incredibly bad graphics from the Age of Doubt but the gameplay is great, I can enjoy it immensely.

Halo 1 and 2 still have beautiful graphics. Art Style is what counts, not how realistic it looks.

That said, gameplay. I still play Halo 1 from time to time.

In truth, I would answer both. If the Gameplay is great but you can’t see or make out what’s two feet in front you, you’re going to have a rough time, and vice-versa.

Although the Halo 4 we have right now is down right eye candy for the franchise, to me gameplay is still more important.

Graphics are irrelevant. I’ll play Pong or Mario 64 decades after their release because their FUN TO PLAY! Hell, look at Minecraft’s popularity as proof. Halo 1 I still play quite often on my PC. Halo 4… meh. It looks really nice but there are too many little gameplay problems to make it as fun and compelling as some other games out there. I’ve been playing Far Cry 3 instead of Halo 4 recently and I really enjoy it.

Gameplay all the way, but try telling 343i that.

(3 years later) i can see people saying u remember halo 4 it looks just like it but plays the same, arent u going to buy it, nope they failed again… wanna play halo 2 or halo 3, hell yeah those was the best games of the halos…

(Change isnt good thing when the population drops faster than halo reach)

> Gameplay all the way, but try telling 343i that.
>
> (3 years later) i can see people saying u remember halo 4 it looks just like it but plays the same, arent u going to buy it, nope they failed again… wanna play halo 2 or halo 3, hell yeah those was the best games of the halos…
>
> (Change isnt good thing when the population drops faster than halo reach)

Thats exactly how I feel right now. Halo 4 wont be remembered by its amazing graphics, because a few years from now they will be outdated, and with gameplay that was different but nothing special, its just going to be another shelf stuffer for me, and many others as well.

Of course gameplay, which is why this game is going back to gamestop. It’s already down to $40, mw3 is more expensive lol

Gameplay. This game looks great, for sure! Does it play well? Not. At. All.

So basically everyone is saying gameplay matters, but I bet you all of these people have criticized Call of Duty for its graphics despite its near perfect gameplay mechanics. What a shame.

cod is better than h4

If i had to play with grphics from halo CE and the gameplay was like reach/3 i would not care,

> cod is better than h4

Sadly I agree

put simply…

HALO 3: ANNIVERSARY

with an awesome forge

It really depends on the circumstances, there is such a thing as too realistic, this generation has bordered that, so im not to thrilled about a 720 but i know it will happen.

If the game is fun im good with N64 graphics, I still play my 64 from time to time

If the game is gorgeous i can withstand a few flaws here and there as long as there is customizability, including editing or trait values, expecially if it has everything including hidden gems.

So to answer your question its all about the type of game

I perfer final fantasy 7 or 8 over 12 and 13 anyday

> > cod is better than h4
>
> Sadly I agree

Im picking up far cry 3 and (Quite possibly the first COD game i ever play) blackops 2…im still unsure on that one but farcry 3 is on my list when i get money