What would you say is a good player?

Hey guys, just wondering, what do you think makes a good player? K/D, just kills, just deaths, KA/D, the amount of kills they get in 1 game, what medals they get in a game etc etc

Remember, no argueing, opinions are opinions, everyone has one, some are different.

Someone who’s capable of achieveing kills and victories with all weapons rather then relying on overpowered, broken weapons or mechanics to give them kills or victories.

> Someone who’s capable of achieveing kills and victories with all weapons rather then relying on overpowered, broken weapons or mechanics to give them kills or victories.

This.

Unfortunately most of the weapons in Reach are easy or downright random even when used optimally thus teamwork becomes the only trait that separates good players from top players.

Someone who can win graciously, but can also lose with dignity.

Someone who doesn’t play the game to make themselves feel big.

(There’s more than one way to be a good player.)

Someone who can Forge and isn’t… disagreeable…, as per this:

> (There’s more than one way to be a good player.)

I would consider a ‘good player’ to be an amicable individual, whose attitude and playing style enhances the enjoyment of others. Furthermore, I concur that Halo offers a myriad of features in which one may achieve notable feats.

> Someone who doesn’t play the game to make themselves feel big.

Which is hilarious because the people who do that aren’t really gamers and it’s the reason why CoD is so popular! :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re also the kind of player that jumps onto the forums to fight back against people claiming “broken” or “OP” in order to prevent them being patched and to continue exploiting it to boost and pad their stats and ruining someones day. You’ll never see a Banshee bomb spawncamper asking for a nerd.
Not just Halo too, check out the DBS on Gears 3 forums or the smokebomb for Assassin’s Creed.

A good player is those that pull there own weight while playing as a team player.

I’m liking all the different answers, its awesome how many people have different opinions, some I would have never thought of.

Good W/L with a decent K/D.

Good W/L is 75% or higher if you’re a random. 85% or higher if you play with a team.

Decent K/D would be >1.7

I’d say a good player is one who has his fun without stopping others from having theirs.

If someone is really friendly and always tries their best, but aren’t good enough to play in a serious playlist, then they’re being an inconsiderate player by burdening their team with their presence. There are playlists in which nobody really cares much how well their team is doing, like BTB, Team Slayer, Living Dead etc. It doesn’t matter how nice a guy is, if he doesn’t accept that he can’t handle MLG, and continues to cause his team to lose by pulling massive negs and making no contribution, then he’s a bad player.

I consider the guy who goes -10 driving the warthog around in BTB, and suiciding the objective while making no progress to be better than the guy who goes -3 in MLG every game (without heavily contributing to the objective/team play) while playing against the best players around.

Also any player who concerns themselves with their K/D over W/L or their team’s performances is a bad player. Anyone can get a 3 or 4.0 K/D by sitting at the back of the map, waiting for their team mates to lose a fight and cleaning up the kills. Those are bad players, and they really ruin social matchmaking. Ranked gametypes really stop those people doing that, which is one of the reasons I really miss them.

The last type of bad player I can think of is the one who has fun at the cost of the other having any fun whatsoever. The teams who run big team battle in 8s, winning by over 70 kills causing the majority of the other team to quit in frustration, or the individuals who get in the banshee and spend 15 minutes straight banshee bombing people. The amount of fun they have doing so, day in, day out, is far less than the amount of frustration they cause entire teams they face.

> (There’s more than one way to be a good player.)

This. A “good player” can be defined by an infinite number of things, and even if someone has the characteristics of the standard term for “good player” (ie High K/D, High W/L, High Arena) Doesn’t always mean that they ARE actually good. For example stat--Yoink!- in BTB, a lot of kids can get 5.0 K/Ds with a 95% W/L, yet they still suck. I have a friend who is an inheritor with a 7.0 K/D and a 97% W/L, yet when we play FFA’s he is ALWAY at the bottom… like way at the bottom.

But, someone who doesn’t fit these (has a low K/D, low W/L, Low Arena) has much less of a chance of actually being “good”, than someone with a high K/D has of being bad.

Also the skill of a player is quite relative when determined by someone else. To the top 1% onyx’s player, if you’re not 20% onyx you’re trash. Yet irons, will find golds to be godly.

My friend thinks I’m like the best Halo player in the world because he sucks, but honestly I would hardly consider myself more than decent.

It’s pretty much Anyone greater than or equal to your relative skill, you will consider good. Relative meaning plus or minus some skill.

IMO if you don’t have at least a 1.5 K/D, 75% W/L in social (aside from MLG), or Onyx Arena, then I wouldn’t consider you a great asset if you were on my team, or a great threat on the other team.

On average, most players seem to consider a 1.0 K/D to be good.

someone who plays cod trololololol i dunno honestly depends what you want out of the game or what you make of it for yourself IE the one who had the most fun.

il put it this way if you take every encounter personaly and get angry when things dont go your way then you suck just because you failed to do what you bought the game to do which is have a good time and this sums up almost everyone i ever met on XBL.

Someone who is willing to be a TEAMPLAYER! Someone who is willing to help his buddies, someone who is willing to sacrifice his K/D and life for the good of the team (i.e. Objective). Someone who is wiling to listen. Someone who won’t be a -Yoink- and betray his teammates for a damn weapon or vehicle.

> Good W/L with a decent K/D.
>
>
> Good W/L is 75% or higher if you’re a random. 85% or higher if you play with a team.
>
> Decent K/D would be >1.7

I disagree with the W/L, I only play with my friends, all of whom aren’t very good. Just judging by their BPR (I know it’s not great to go by) none of them are above 20, while I, Myself am at like 92? I think. So I lose almost every game, because I don’t play “competitive” unless my friends are online.

Someone who is not going to kill steal, rage quit or boot others in anger.