What would you like to see transfer over from Reach to Halo 4?

I’m new here to the forums and I thought i would contribute the the conversation as well. I was thinking the other day that it would be cool if they didn’t include any old armor from Halo Reach into Halo 4. Instead, if you want to use some of the older armor it would be transferred over from Halo Reach assuming you unlocked and purchased it. If this is even possible it would mean a wider selection of armor as well as more customization since they would only have new armor in Halo 4. Also, everyone who spent a long time playing Reach won’t feel as if they lost everything, because Halo Reach players will dwindle significantly as soon as Halo 4 releases.

I’m going to say no only because in Reach the armor is extremely easy to get and everyone would already have most if not all armor. However a better idea would be if you were able to choose just 1 of each type of armor piece to transfer that way you can still be unique when you start but you still have to earn everything.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

mmm… i really liked the voice sets in reach’s firefight, that’d be cool if it were in Spartan ops or something but im not complaining if it isnt.

as for reach armor nahh, maybe the map Sword Base and Hemorrhage

Only my flaming helmet.

The armor cosmetics in 4 look a generation above reach’s. I see it being hard to actually transfer. Not to mention alternative armor in reach were more of equipment and appliances attached to your armor. Who knows if 4 will do the same or if theyll do it like 3 where the armors where actually different variations

They would have all of the Halo Reach armor, but they would still have to work to unlock all of the Halo 4 armor. I just would rather see completely fresh new armor pieces in Halo 4 rather than rehashes of popular Reach ones. If they had a transfer system where you could at least transfer over some of the armor you bought from Halo Reach, people would still be able to use them and Halo 4 would be able to have more space for newer armor. Thank you for your response as well. : )

> mmm… i really liked the voice sets in reach’s firefight, that’d be cool if it were in Spartan ops or something but im not complaining if it isnt.
>
> as for reach armor nahh, maybe the map Sword Base and Hemorrhage

I wish the voices would work in MM, and there should be a 343GS voice…back on topic, I think it’s a good idea.

Thank you for everyones responses and welcoming me to the forums. Personally, I hope no Reach maps come back in Halo 4 I just honestly want a fresh experience going into Halo 4 and Reach maps that I enjoyed are few and far in between. Although I did enjoy the Anniversary map pack very much. I always thought it was silly that firefight voices were for firefight only.

I am also new to these forums, but have been a dedicated Halo fan for years. I think that the armory should still use a credit system, but some types of armor should be available only for completing certain feats or achievements. This would add a greater sense of individuality to each player, as well as show off what they have earned. They should bring in several new variants of armor to add a wider range but should keep some of the armor from previous games, as most of the armor out there already looks awesome.

I personally would love to see them bring back the original beat-down system, it’s gets really annoying that you can’t beat someone down in Reach unless they have no shields. I just hope they keep what is best about Halo, and change only the things that desperately need to be changed. I would be happily playing Halo 3 now, but the servers are gathering cobwebs. They could take aspects of Reach, and the previous Halo games, and build on them based on what the fans like and dislike.

Oh, and REMAKE GUARDIAN!

The Revenant

Achievement armor would be a good idea… Assuming they don’t create achievements based purely out of luck like getting a game of infection on a defiant map. @_@

Bloom! It really added depth to the boring point and click shooting of past Halos.

Oh, and that’s another thing, there shouldn’t be map-orientated achievements, it means that if I wanted to get 100% achievements on Reach now, I’d have to spend 1600 Microsoft points. And even if I did have the maps, some of the achievements are just stupid. I was trying to get the ‘Infect 3 players in a round’ achievement in Anniversary FFA, and infection games don’t even show up!

Something, I don’t even care what. ANYTHING would be cool.

Be it nameplates, Waypoint Armor unlocks, whatever! Something/Anything would be cool.

@ o0MrCheesy0o
I don’t think bloom is going to be coming back thankfully, but if you honestly did like it good for you.

@JamesGCO
I agree about the map oriented achievement I’m only missing one now and its All Alone or Forever Alone… Whatever the hell its called it requires me to be last man standing on an infection game on a defiant map. I have 1690 gamerscore for reach, but I hate Infection and I’m not going to play it constantly just to get an achievement.

IMO, I wouldn’t want anything from Reach to transfer over. We’re back to Chief now after a long break. Why not start fresh?

I’ll compose a list of things I think should be taken from Halo: Reach.

Things I would like to return:

• Name Plates

• Vast cosmetic armor selection (Ex. Shoulders, Chest plates, Visor Colors, Armor Effects, Etc.)

• Certain Weapons: DMR, NR, and Grenade Launcher.

To be honest though everything else needs to be reconfigured or thrown out, because Reach sucks.

@Kamikaze254
I agree what you’re saying I want to start fresh too, but a lot of us have sunk a lot of time into Reach and it would be cool if they let us transfer something or even have a special nameplate. Gears of War 3 did it with players who got to level 100 in Gears 2 and I thought it would be a fun idea just as a way of showing who is a veteran and what not. I don’t want any of the maps or gameplay from Reach though. I want a completely different feeling game then Halo Reach.

> @Kamikaze254
> I agree what you’re saying I want to start fresh too, but a lot of us have sunk a lot of time into Reach and it would be cool if they let us transfer something or even have a special nameplate. Gears of War 3 did it with players who got to level 100 in Gears 2 and I thought it would be a fun idea just as a way of showing who is a veteran and what not. I don’t want any of the maps or gameplay from Reach though. I want a completely different feeling game then Halo Reach.

Ok, I understand that aspect, and I would welcome that because it would be nice to have some sort of reward for all the time spent in previous games, like nameplates in Reach. I was thinking more around the lines of armor, xp, or other stuff earned in Reach.

every armor ability should be armor lock, GO!

I just hope they have the katana and many other attachments. It would be pretty sweet.