What would YOU like to see in H4

Before you reply to this thread PLEASE keep all of your whining about AA’s and bloom AWAY! This thread is about things you would like to see in the menu, theater, and other modes besides ACTUAL gameplay.

I would like to see an option to view a brefing on whats happened throughout the first 3 games with MC to bring new players up to speed. A feature to maybe integrate theater controls with the actual xbox remote and enhance FF and RW so I wont have to FF for 15 mins to get to the awesome warthog flip that I did in an hour long legendary run!

More unlocks via Waypoint would be cool too. Would give reason to actually work for the achievements!

Thoughts…suggestions?

More post game stats. I’d like the hit % to make a return for one… can’t think of anything else at the moment. Hm…

To add to your briefing thing. Why not a little intro at the start of campaign(skipable) that gives us a briefing on who John is and his story, then it would tell us what has happened in the games with the last trilogy to where we are about to be after the intro. It would not be the Halo4 intro before the loading screen(if H4 has one like Reach did).

Everything in this thread should be posted in the Official Feedback Thread.

Or, one of the numerous Halo 4 Wishlist threads.

I want to see a system where players automatically have the armor permutations they unlocked in Halo 3 and Reach, but still make those armors unlockable by people who didn’t play those games. Similar to how DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 did a “disc scan” of Tenkaichi 2 so that you wouldn’t have to unlock the same characters twice, but could if you wanted to/didn’t have Tenkaichi 2.

I’d like to see an unlocking system, like credits, where you can unlock the pieces by playing whatever way you want, this system should not force people to play online. If it’s credits, then the offline credit restrictions must be the same as the online ones!

I don’t want there to be any Waypoint unlocks other than avatar awards. All in game content should be unlockable in game.

> Everything in this thread should be posted in the Official Feedback Thread.
>
> Or, one of the numerous Halo 4 Wishlist threads.

I would have done so, but I didn’t want it to be included with a million rants about how AA, and bloom suck and “affect” gameplay. Plus i wanted this to be a different discussion entirely, no gameplay discussion.

In addition to my above post, I would also like to see female exclusive armor. No I’m not a girl, but my girlfriend plays alot of Reach with me and some of the armor looks strange on the “slimmer” female model. For example, most of the armpieces seem jumbo when equipped on a female model, and wouldn’t it be nice to see an Emile helmet with a nice bow on top for girls. :slight_smile: Rant all you want, I’m just looking out for my fellow female gamers!

Personally I don’t think there should be any gender exclusive armors but I get what you’re saying about some seeming odd on the female character models, I would bet it’s because they designed them with the male model in mind. Perhaps instead of gender exclusive pieces they should design some of the pieces using the female model, but still make them available to the male model.

Nothing… no seriously.

343 has been almost completely dark on Halo 4, and I like it a lot. I’m sick of the media fustercluck over blockbuster titles, eventually spoiling me before I even have a chance to grab it. I want a Halo CE experience with this game. You have little knowledge going in, giving me the biggest chance to get sucked into the mystery and story. I think the reason people didn’t like Reach’s story as much was because, since we knew the end result, our expectations of the final stand of the UNSC at Reach were unmeetable.

With 4, we know nothing about where we’re going, and that’s great.

Also, more open vehicle battles. :wink:

I agree with the guy above me. Not enough developers keep the info to themselves these days. Nintendo was going well with Skyward Sword until about a week ago and now they’re revealing everything. Obviously 343 will have to give some information as the release date draws closer, i just hope they show some restraint.

They [343i], should do like Bungie did with H2 and not reveal anymore campaign “secrets” and just keep us informed about MP and asthetic changes

• Dedicated servers, no hosts and “join in progress” :smiley:

• Bigger maps, more vehicles (for btb)

• Vehicles with armour that can take a beating (more HAlo 3, less Reach).

• Better spawn system (maybe like in Homefront?)

• New system for vehicles/power weapons. Noi more spawn camping those things, let us “buy” them with points for kills/objectives (like in Homefront). Good player = good stuff, corner camper = no good weapons.

• Big reward for winning, small for trying. Players need incitement to win, not to score cheap kills, reward teamplay and winning not camping.

• ODST style Firefight.
    Skulls, unlimited waves (or at least 50 waves), better/more aggressive AI (no more hiding elites, more charging angry elites). Upp teh difficulty, randomize the enemy spawns a bit to add more challenge, but make drop ships less OP.

> * New system for vehicles/power weapons. Noi more spawn camping those things, let us “buy” them with points for kills/objectives (like in Homefront). Good player = good stuff, corner camper = no good weapons.

A weapon purchasing system might be an interesting experiment for a single gametype, but anything more would likely receive a huge backlash from the Halo community. It would deviate far too much from the core gameplay. Not to mention that little fact that power weapons are actually put into games with newer (likely worse) players in mind. Think about it this way. You’ve never played much Halo before, you go to play online, everyone in the game is experienced and can easily kill you with the basic weapons. Getting an easy to use power weapon puts you on an even playing field and makes you a little more dangerous. It keeps the game interesting for everyone. The experienced players get a little more of a challenge out of the “noob”, the new player stands a better chance. That’s the theory of it any way, the actual implementation is usually a little flawed.

2 words- Battle Rifle

better forge features.
-undo button (for when i always accidentally delete objects or select a free floating object after I turned rotation lock on)
-have the x, y, and z coordinates be set from a movable grid.

When are YOU people going to stop stealing from Lord Kitchener?

As for the answer to the question, I’d like to see an actual Halo installation.

I really liked Halo 2 so I want Halo 4 to be as close as possible to Halo 2.

Campaign wise:
Awesome story. It’s what I enjoy about the halo series. It’s what keeps me buying the games. I’m probably one fo the few that buys Halo for basically just the campaign. Yes, I buy halo, day one, just for the campaign. That’s how awesome I think the story is. Halo CE amazing. Halo 2 amazing, Halo 3 was alright. Halo Reach, amazing. Just give me an awesome story.

Multiplayer wise: I think halo’s multiplayer is boring(My opinion, get over it). I play the multiplayer with friends because well, I want to play with my friends, but it has never drawn me in. It’s just boring. I personally am more of a battlefield type of guy. I like the strong focus of vehicular warfare AND infantry warfare. I’ve always felt while the vehicles serve a tactical purpose sometimes, for the most part, they just feel like a second thought.

Basically, I want to see a playlist called halofield. dedicated servers. 32 players +. Huge maps. All out vehicular/on foot warfare. I want to see tanks, wraiths, pelicans, ghosts, just 10 vehicles on each side watching an air battle, tanks battling, soldiers running in, etc etc. Just all out war. It can be a conquest type mode or a titan type mode but with scarabs or something.

> Basically, I want to see a playlist called halofield. dedicated servers. 32 players +. Huge maps. All out vehicular/on foot warfare. I want to see tanks, wraiths, pelicans, ghosts, just 10 vehicles on each side watching an air battle, tanks battling, soldiers running in, etc etc. Just all out war. It can be a conquest type mode or a titan type mode but with scarabs or something.

That would be nice, I thought that when I saw Hemorrhage, but the lack of big weapons KILLS the gameplay, 2 snipes, 2 shottys (IMO Pointless unless playing Objective GT) a plasma launcher (that somebody on the other team always finds!) and a concussion rifle. DMRs really don’t cut it once all of your vehics are magically gone and it seems you’re the only person shooting at that Wraith who’s driver is on a Running Riot by now

/rant

More clan support would be awesome too, in game and on the forums. I’m not in one, but Halo wouldn’t be Halo without clans!

More hidden and unlockable objects would be great!

Someone a few post back mentioned dedicated servers, well I really don’t like the idea of paying extra for something that’s supposed to work better than it does in the first place!

As far as MM goes I hate the idea of jumping in a game already in progress, wouldn’t the soon as you join losses effect your rank in some way, just seems like a bad idea. A better one would be to reward the players who survived the slaughter of a 5 on 2 game with some kind of higher credit payout or something!

More dynamic backgrounds! I love seeing things get blown up while I fight!

> Personally I don’t think there should be any gender exclusive armors but I get what you’re saying about some seeming odd on the female character models, I would bet it’s because they designed them with the male model in mind. Perhaps instead of gender exclusive pieces they should design some of the pieces using the female model, but still make them available to the male model.

Let me clear myself, what I mean is the same armor pieces, just fit for a female! If you wanted to cross dress for a game or two you wouldn’t have to purchase new armour. Nothing too drastic, just something to show a little appreciation to our female gamers. (TBH Halo is one of the very few if not ONLY games I’ve played that even has a female model for MM. Correct me if I’m wrong)

Ah I see what you mean, then yeah, I agree. There are lots of games that have female models for multiplayer but Halo is the only FPS that comes to mind (unless you include Metoid Prime 2 where all the models where female).

Wraith with 4 side seats (2 per side of Wraith). The seats would look like this:

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/0/05/Passengershadow.JPG

With a similar hull to the Spectre keeping the riders from getting out (thus resolving the annoying ‘AI get out of abandoned vehicle and get in driver’s seat’ thing introduced in H3 (IIRC)):

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/2/2c/SpectreH2.png

Of course, to get the riders out, you have to press something like the grenade switch button (LB in H3’s default controller scheme) to make the hulls go up.

Finally, the protective covering thing on the back of the Wraith is no longer attached to the Wraith but slides over the engine.

Basically, it would resemble this Bionicle piece:

http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/53549.1187657154.jpg

It would be a bigger Wraith, with Reach’s boost and mortar damage, H2’s auto turrets (campaign only), H2 or H3’s wraith mortar rof, a turret seat, and perhaps the ability to cloak. The side seats and hulls could be damaged as well as the protective covering. But most importantly, health meter. I can’t stress this enough. It’s ok if the Ghost and Banshee don’t have a health meter, but the Wraith desperately needs a health meter (unless vehicles don’t explode if there’s an occupant in it).