What would you like to see in first person?

Personally, I think that there are some things that would be better if they stayed in first person. What are some gameplay features that you would prefer stay in first person? I’d like to see:

-Turret carrying
-Boarding/hijacking a vehicle
-Passenger side of vehicles and vehicle turrets (Warthog, Wraith, Scorpion, etc.)

Any other ideas out there?

Shooting should stay in first-person view.

I agree, not needed, but I would really like it.

The only one of the things on your list that I would say definitely needs a first person view is the passenger seat. I’d also be fine with the turret carrying being first person but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. As for boarding/hijacking and vehicle turrets, I think they should stay in third-person. Ultimately I think the game would benefit from having preferences so the individual can choose how they want to view these things.

> The only one of the things on your list that I would say definitely needs a first person view is the passenger seat. I’d also be fine with the turret carrying being first person but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. As for boarding/hijacking and vehicle turrets, I think they should stay in third-person. Ultimately I think the game would benefit from having preferences so the individual can choose how they want to view these things.

Options are always good.

> Personally, I think that there are some things that would be better if they stayed in first person. What are some gameplay features that you would prefer stay in first person? I’d like to see:
>
> -Turret carrying
> <mark>-Boarding/hijacking a vehicle</mark>
> -Passenger side of vehicles and vehicle turrets (Warthog, Wraith, Scorpion, etc.)
>
> Any other ideas out there?

This is the only one that I would be interested at all to see. I don’t really have any other ideas though. I like how 1st/3rd person views are arranged currently.

I would like the choice to switch between 3rd and 1st person while performing any vehicle functions, not just being the passenger. Imagine seeing what the INSIDE of a Banshee looks like when you’re flying it? Or driving a Warthog in first person? I think it’d be great, as long as there’s a choice to switch. Not everyone would like that, but I’m sure a lot of people would love to have the choice.

Other than that, I’m not really sure. I mean, for the most part everything is in first person (hence FPS). We’ll have to see what new features 343 brings to the table.

EDIT: I also think hijacking and airjacking would be awesome in first person. There’d be something truly epic about being able to witness a Banshee jack in first person while the person you’re stealing it from is trying to boost away.

I would like to see…

More peripheral vision → i.e. Greater Field of View (90+ Degrees) Halo:CE 1/2 split screen had some of the best FOV I have ever seen in a game, around 120 degrees, epic!

My reticle centered on the screen. For whatever reason Halo 2,3,ODST, and Reach all place the aiming reticle in the lower 3rd of the screen.

actually the 3rd person view while in a vehicle is nice because you have a good view of whats around you and you can see if anyone is trying to board it.

Didn’t an early Reach trailer or vidoc show someone driving in first person? I may be wrong, but either way, I would like to drive in first person sometimes. It is probably better in third person, but there are things like that that I would be interested to try out in first person.

Turrets - yes

Vehicles- interesting,but for balance reasons, no.

BUT I would LOVE to see the 3rd person perspective zoom in a little more when driving, flying… Even in passenger seat or gunner seat of warthog.

For reference, think of the view point used when carrying a turret.

I agree that would be cool. Though I think everything should be FP and not be able to toggle. They could have 3rd person screens on the dash of the vehicles though.

But this wont ever happen. 343 would rather change basics like picking up grenades or make you move slow so we can sprint and not be able to shoot.

I would like the option for those that want TPS actions to remain to stay but also for an option to choose to remain in FPS no matter what.

It is a disadvantage to remain in FPS in many cases of situational awareness but does add to immersion. I do not know if it helps add to precision of shooting as that’s more about zoom than actual view.

I’d love FPS everything, including assassinations. Especially since we have theatre which can give me the out of body experience and view when wanted.

Thinks about what he wants to type…

No I should just keep that to myself.

Other then that I like how it is now myself.