what would you have prefered for the way reach's story started?

the quiet version with them investigateing visigrad like in the game and than the regular campaign follow, OR would you prefer the less quiet E3 2010 trailer with possibley a little more before that like the 2009 trailer and a more actiony campaign that follows it

i personally would have liked the second version

I think it would have been cool to have us fight rebels for the first mission helping the player get used to the controls. After you save Visegrad from the Insurrection, THEN you find the Covenant. It would have helped with shock value.

> I think it would have been cool to have us fight rebels for the first mission helping the player get used to the controls. After you save Visegrad from the Insurrection, THEN you find the Covenant. It would have helped with shock value.

well it’s pretty hard to get a shock value in a prequal game like reach, especially since the general overview is the covenant attack reach. you just cant get a shock value at times like that. it just made it a very boreing tutorial since the second you see plasma damage you know its covenant. and i think rebels would have been too easy to fight off

A training opening like halo 2 except the person training you is Johnson. Then after you finished the windows all blow out and a covenant cruiser is seen flying over the building.

Look, no Halo has fully captured my vision of awesomeness that I expect since CE. No wait, there was something that made me so very hyped up. But then the gold version didn’t match my expectations and so… it took a long time for me to get over things.

Nothing has really hit that epicness since CE but ODST and Reach came close a couple times. Halo2 and 3 felt way too detached from the gameplay while Reach missed the that je-nais-ce-quis on a few scenes but nailed it on a few as well.

I would have liked more out of the mobile ground battle in both cutscene and gameplay on the TotS. I would also have liked to see more of the exo-battle on the large scale. But that they didn’t hit doesn’t truly kill Reach for me.

Halo2 was distracting in that there was no time-stamping and the wire-frame plus texture popping. The very abrupt Arbiter fall and AHHHH honestly, that bugged me in how bad the transition was through that whole scene sequence. There are a couple great moments, but a lot of not so for me.

Halo3 just didn’t hit that ‘wow.’ Either. I’m still waiting to find out how Earth exo-vessels are atmosphere worthy… and that is since Halo2 with the In Amber Clad.

What I do like about Reach’s directing is that it feels like I am the data-pad dropper following 6 around while phased from detection.