What would you do if you were 343i?

It is apparent that the community is divided. Either you like how Halo 4 is coming out or You hate it.

Here is a fact for you though, 343i was created for the sole purpose of making Halos. Created by fans, for fans. These people love halo just as much as you do. (Even though they are getting paid to make it)

Now here is reality. Halo was created over a decade ago. If there is one thing that is for certain in life that is change. People change. Things change. You, yourself has changed through out the years. If Halo is to stay alive in this new generation, then it needs to change. For better or for worse, but if it doesn’t change just to keep a minority of fans happy, then it will most certainly die. I, for one, definitely do not want to see or imagine the death of Halo. Do you?

I don’t know if halo 4 will suck or it will be the epic comeback we all hope for. I haven’t played it. It looks fine but looks can be deceiving.

If you we’re lucky enough to be on the 343i staff, What would you do differently?

Would you keep everything they have now.

Would you make some some minor tweaks? If so how?

Would you scrap everything and revert back to CE, then work from there?

Knowing that Halo has to evolve, How would you have handled Halo 4?

I would sort out the humble-jumble with the LE (WGMP)…

…And that’s about it

This is what I’d do.

> Focus a lot more on Forge and custom games, forge objects and Forge maps. Forge and Custom Games is what gave Halo 3 its long life span of three years with millions of people playing it everyday.

> I would revert all weapon and vehicle sounds back to their original sounds back in Reach, maybe a little different, but nothing like changing a Needler’s weapon sound to sounding like an AR.

> Change the Spartans so that they look more like Reach’s real Spartans that have been through battle and not shiny plastic toys.

This.

I don’t think I could have done any better than they’re doing now.

The reason people are so divided is simple: it’s because there’s a new Halo game coming out. It might seem a bit “louder” this time around (I wouldn’t know, I wasn’t on the “internet scene” while the others were coming out), but that’s just because there are much more changes than before. It’s bound to happen.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. Halo 4 will be just as good as the rest, and if not, it’ll still be an incredible game.

> http://.com/
>
> This.

So advertise your site?

Give players in Monitor mode in Forge lasers, like Guilty Spark.

Night time and day time version of all Forge World maps.

All the Forge ideas in this thread.

Color wheel for Armor/Emblems. We need more colors!

Bring back the Grenade Lawnchair from Reach.

Add Scarab Gun to Campaign Mode.

Add the ability to drop weapons, and go weaponless, while still being able to melee and assassinate.

I would consider re-tooling Halo Wars after Halo 4 launches as a side project while Halo 5 ramps up. Though I would focus on using the Forge in other ways like allowing players to create their own UNSC war ships and other structures meant for space combat and exploration, instead of falling back on the traditional ground base combat this time around.

Also I would consider something like a Halo styled Mech/Vehicle combat DLC akin to the Heavy Armor DLC we saw from DICE for BF3, only it would have major variations of new types of Halo vehicles rather than the just relying on the original designs. This would be mostly to test the waters for expansion into other types of game genera with the Halo Universe brand.

These would just be side projects. I’m sure there will be some good ideas focusing more on the FPS aspect of Halo to follow from other forum goers. Personally I am always ready to try out different visions that would expand the Halo experience.

> Give players in Monitor mode in Forge lasers, like Guilty Spark.
>
> Night time and day time version of all Forge World maps.
>
> All the Forge ideas in this thread.
>
> Color wheel for Armor/Emblems. We need more colors!
>
> Bring back the Grenade Lawnchair from Reach.
>
> Add Scarab Gun to Campaign Mode.
>
> Add the ability to drop weapons, and go weaponless, while still being able to melee and assassinate.

I could go for this (I was only talking general-gameplay-wise in the previous post)

I’d also add more bipedal races as player models. Elites, Forerunners, and Spartans in Halo 5, along with maybe some new species we’d encounter.

I’d remove every armor ability and buff every weapon.

> I’d remove every armor ability and buff every weapon.

So, you’d CoDify it? :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding of course, but do you really think the weapons need a buff? The Storm Rifle and Assault Rifle appear to kill WAY faster than the Reach AR. Snipers are the same is always, except the extremely powerful Binary Rifle. Launchers and the Needler are awesome, and the DMR, Carbine, and LR are all balanced in the game. The only thing I would even consider buffing is the Magnum. Everything in the game seems pretty damn powerful to me. What exactly would you change? Just out of curiosity of course. :]

1. No killcams.
  2. Original music returning on top of their current work (some classics are just that good).
  3. CEA sniper sound.
  4. No resupply perk, everyone can pick up nades.
  5. Buff the suppressor a bit.
  6. Make some (or most) of the pre-order bonuses available later in the game so they can be bought with credits (like the Recon pre-order helmet for Reach)

343i changed things in my favour last time I posted in a similar thread, they increased the BR ROF and it looks better, the sniper has undergone a lot of changes (visually, sound still is weak).

Do the above and I think the game will be perfect.

[deleted]

> It is apparent that the community is divided. Either you like how Halo 4 is coming out or You hate it.
>
> Here is a fact for you though, 343i was created for the sole purpose of making Halos. <mark>Created by fans, for fans.</mark> These people love halo just as much as you do. (Even though they are getting paid to make it)
>
> Now here is reality. Halo was created over a decade ago. If there is one thing that is for certain in life that is change. People change. Things change. You, yourself has changed through out the years. If Halo is to stay alive in this new generation, then it needs to change. For better or for worse, but if it doesn’t change just to keep a minority of fans happy, then it will most certainly die. I, for one, definitely do not want to see or imagine the death of Halo. Do you?
>
> I don’t know if halo 4 will suck or it will be the epic comeback we all hope for. I haven’t played it. It looks fine but looks can be deceiving.
>
> If you we’re lucky enough to be on the 343i staff, What would you do differently?
>
> Would you keep everything they have now.
>
> Would you make some some minor tweaks? If so how?
>
> Would you scrap everything and revert back to CE, then work from there?
>
> Knowing that Halo has to evolve, How would you have handled Halo 4?

Not true. They are in charge of the halo franchise, not us. Although they may choose to listen to the community on certain issues they still get the last say. We don’t get to vote on how the plot should progress, they write the script. We don’t get to decide the mechanics (thankfully), they do. We make suggestions and they choose to implement them or not.

Brought back Elites for customs.

MK V and ODST helmets for those who love them dearly (Not me)

L.E. contents could be better.

Tweak the camo AA for a map pick up or Ordinance drop.

Ditch the Jetpack.

Apart from those things I applaud 343i on creating such an amazing looking Halo experience, truly I never have been so excited for a video game. Ever.

> > It is apparent that the community is divided. Either you like how Halo 4 is coming out or You hate it.
> >
> > Here is a fact for you though, 343i was created for the sole purpose of making Halos. <mark>Created by fans, for fans.</mark> These people love halo just as much as you do. (Even though they are getting paid to make it)
> >
> > Now here is reality. Halo was created over a decade ago. If there is one thing that is for certain in life that is change. People change. Things change. You, yourself has changed through out the years. If Halo is to stay alive in this new generation, then it needs to change. For better or for worse, but if it doesn’t change just to keep a minority of fans happy, then it will most certainly die. I, for one, definitely do not want to see or imagine the death of Halo. Do you?
> >
> > I don’t know if halo 4 will suck or it will be the epic comeback we all hope for. I haven’t played it. It looks fine but looks can be deceiving.
> >
> > If you we’re lucky enough to be on the 343i staff, What would you do differently?
> >
> > Would you keep everything they have now.
> >
> > Would you make some some minor tweaks? If so how?
> >
> > Would you scrap everything and revert back to CE, then work from there?
> >
> > Knowing that Halo has to evolve, How would you have handled Halo 4?
>
> Not true. They are in charge of the halo franchise, not us. Although they may choose to listen to the community on certain issues they still get the last say. We don’t get to vote on how the plot should progress, they write the script. We don’t get to decide the mechanics (thankfully), they do. We make suggestions and they choose to implement them or not.

You misunderstood me. When I say created by fans for fans, I’m stating the fact that majority of 343i staff are halo fans themselves and that the only reason that 343i exist is because fans such as us, love halo very deeply.

I’d stop making such a crappy CoD copy and remake Halo 2!!

Just Kidding, I love what they’re doing with Halo.

> > http://myhalo.webs.com/
> >
> > This.
>
> So advertise your site?

Yeah I’m advertising my site that I make no money from, ask nothing from you in return, and contains ideas pertinent to this thread. Criminal, I know.

If I was 343i I’d only log onto Halo Waypoint forums to laugh at all the silly people on here. Other than that I’d ignore their input because they’re only a few hundred people who want a remake of Halo CE with better graphics where as Halo 4 will sell to the millions of people the game is being marketed towards.

> It is apparent that the community is divided. Either you like how Halo 4 is coming out or You hate it.
>
> Here is a fact for you though, 343i was created for the sole purpose of making Halos. Created by fans, for fans. These people love halo just as much as you do. (Even though they are getting paid to make it)
>
> Now here is reality. Halo was created over a decade ago. If there is one thing that is for certain in life that is change. People change. Things change. You, yourself has changed through out the years. If Halo is to stay alive in this new generation, then it needs to change. For better or for worse, but if it doesn’t change just to keep a minority of fans happy, then it will most certainly die. I, for one, definitely do not want to see or imagine the death of Halo. Do you?
>
> I don’t know if halo 4 will suck or it will be the epic comeback we all hope for. I haven’t played it. It looks fine but looks can be deceiving.
>
> If you we’re lucky enough to be on the 343i staff, What would you do differently?
>
> Would you keep everything they have now.
>
> Would you make some some minor tweaks? If so how?
>
> Would you scrap everything and revert back to CE, then work from there?
>
> Knowing that Halo has to evolve, How would you have handled Halo 4?

Its actually very simple what I would do in terms of MP:

Have two design teams 1 for making MP new and exciting the other for keeping the classic halo 2/3 game play in tact still playable and closing any gaps in the holes that were created by cheaters

I would have two separate play lists to cater to each of the hardcore crowd and casuals like me. that way everyone is happy and my game doesn’t still gets a new touch but still has the old feel