What would the Forge Community like to see in Halo

I have always liked Forge and Im really getting into it now. My gt is JA50N0 (0’s are zeros) feel free to visit my file share. So far Im staying in h4 to keep gameplay close to h5, although im currently remaking sidewinder in h2a (sidewinder in summertime on awash). I also made a arena style ricochet map with basketball hoops. Also, add your gt if you’d like to share your maps.

My question to you is, what would you like to see in h5 forge mode?

My first thoughts would be.

the option to make night maps or overall time of day/night.

a playlist in matchmaking for forge,

I would like them to bring back 1 flag options and also assault gamemode I really like offense/defense gametype

different skins for forge pieces, one natural stone blocks, another metallic, wood etc. They dont need to make all these pieces just give the option for the skin.

Destructable pieces. I wanted this back in halo 2, battlefield has filled my appetite but I want it in halo, ok maybe dont make the bases blow up but tank rounds and gernades should affect the terrain.

Ok there are some ideas, add your own, ill add more as I think of them.

I really want large maps to Forge on, like Forge World.

.Time of day

.Multiple large forge worlds-Tundra, desert, forest, etc.

.Terrain editing returned(give us preset terrain, but let us remove it all for the basic skybox like h2a)

.Weather(light,heavy)- snow,rain, darude sandstorm, fog (do not restrict us, If I want a blizzard in the desert let me do it) let us choose the radius of the weather.

.Do not restrict blocks to maps, If I want a snow block in the forest, let me do that.

.more vehicles, like in reach there was trucks, gunner falcons,troop hogs only in campaign. I want campaign vehicles in forge, even if they are a little broken.

.Particle effects- fire, dust particles, smoke,

.More props- crashed pelicans, dead marines/spartans/odst’s, blood splatter, flood biomass, soda machines, couches, etc.(halo reach had some cool items like potted plants on some maps, let us forge that kind of stuff)

.AI spawn, firefight/ fireforge (in my dreams)

I like the weather idea, those could be done like trait zones.

And terrain maping, I bought the first far cry for there map editor, you could raise mountains and sink for water

Have you played The Sims? I remember a tool to shape the terrain, to level up the floor to higher levels to create depressions and elevate the terrain that function alone would be rich. You could recreate, say, Blood Gulch from a complete flat canvas. To create mountains and what not.

@ froz oo Very intresting,

it would also be nice to forge on all maps, if I wanna rip most of the things off “truth” I should be able too.

Another game I have with a editor is the golf club, its pretty much one canvas but you pick the theme. They really dont need to make a bunch of maps, just pick the theme/skybox

> 2533274898131165;3:
> .Time of day
>
> .Multiple large forge worlds-Tundra, desert, forest, etc.
>
> .Terrain editing returned(give us preset terrain, but let us remove it all for the basic skybox like h2a)
>
> .Weather(light,heavy)- snow,rain, darude sandstorm, fog (do not restrict us, If I want a blizzard in the desert let me do it) let us choose the radius of the weather.
>
> .Do not restrict blocks to maps, If I want a snow block in the forest, let me do that.
>
> .more vehicles, like in reach there was trucks, gunner falcons,troop hogs only in campaign. I want campaign vehicles in forge, even if they are a little broken.
>
> .Particle effects- fire, dust particles, smoke,
>
> .More props- crashed pelicans, dead marines/spartans/odst’s, blood splatter, flood biomass, soda machines, couches, etc.(halo reach had some cool items like potted plants on some maps, let us forge that kind of stuff)
>
> .AI spawn, firefight/ fireforge (in my dreams)

All really good ideas but 343 is just too lazy to use any of them.

I think certain affinity does the forge element but I could be wrong

OPTIONS, lots of options, optional options

It needs to be better than Halo 2 Anniversary, more flexible, texture options.

How about a terrain editing tool similar to Project Spark?

> 2533274883765569;11:
> How about a terrain editing tool similar to Project Spark?

Could you explain more for people like me that didnt play project spark?

I want a level creator on the PC to make creation not a total -Yoink-

> 2533274803410857;12:
> > 2533274883765569;11:
> > How about a terrain editing tool similar to Project Spark?
>
>
> Could you explain more for people like me that didnt play project spark?

Project Spark let’s you create a LOT. Only thing is making a game into a mode for Halo wouldn’t work. Project Spark requires light coding and I don’t know how that’d work within Halo. Project Spark users at least on Windows recreated Halo and Titanfall inside of Spark and they are great.

Moving pieces would be cool too. The fan in zanzibar, those bridges that fall down, in the beta on “eden” on the outside of the map they had cover peices that went up and down I did like hiding behind there thinking I was safe then uh oh.

Placable AI, Forgeable Scarabs or Pelicans for Scenery but can also be used for the guns. I mean I could think of a million things. Especially for Machinima.

> 2533274795440338;16:
> Placable AI, Forgeable Scarabs or Pelicans for Scenery but can also be used for the guns. I mean I could think of a million things. Especially for Machinima.

Well start listing some, thats why this thread is here :wink:

Another feature, most of my maps are designed forctf and it sucks building one base and then haveto build the other from the ground up.

It would be nice to highlight multiple items and just hit duplicate.

AI Battles.

• 3 and 4 unit wide ramps and option to make all ramps hollow or solid
  • Wall blocks with doors or windows built-in
  • Zoom-out feature for handling very large forge blocks
  • Sizable water zones- place water in map the same way you set up kill zones and safe zones.