What would Spartan Ops Season 2 have looked like?

Just finished the original today.

Probably just more of having to run towards point A to fight a few enemies so you could the run to point B and hold your position. Essentially the entirety of Spartan Ops.

Probably some of the ideas of halo escalations, except dumbed down to what Sir Noncy Dorp said.

Except maybe the Janus key would be more relevant, as opposed to being zapped out of the universe.

Hopefully less repetitive than the first one lol

Always felt like Spartan ops would have been better had it focused more on story rather than repetitive firefight sections

I would have loved to see the Janus Key really used properly. Shame how it was done in the end. Something that powerful…

> 2535472616057540;5:
> Always felt like Spartan ops would have been better had it focused more on story rather than repetitive firefight sections

I think that’s probably because Spartan Ops came as a sort of replacement for Firefight, almost as though they took FF and tried to give it more of a story focus, instead of building SpOps from the ground up as a linear mini-mission mode.

You can see after hiatus that 343 attempted to give the episodes a more campaign mission like feel, and this probably would have been improved upon in a second season.

I don’t remember much of Escalation, so I’m it sure how it would be turned into 2 more seasons for 2013 and 2014. Halo 5 going where it went, it would have been nice to have future seasons lead better into the guardian/created plot. Perhaps 5 wouldn’t have felt quite so jarring?

> 2533274810945725;7:
> > 2535472616057540;5:
> > Always felt like Spartan ops would have been better had it focused more on story rather than repetitive firefight sections
>
> I think that’s probably because Spartan Ops came as a sort of replacement for Firefight, almost as though they took FF and tried to give it more of a story focus, instead of building SpOps from the ground up as a linear mini-mission mode.
>
> You can see after hiatus that 343 attempted to give the episodes a more campaign mission like feel, and this probably would have been improved upon in a second season.
>
> I don’t remember much of Escalation, so I’m it sure how it would be turned into 2 more seasons for 2013 and 2014. Halo 5 going where it went, it would have been nice to have future seasons lead better into the guardian/created plot. Perhaps 5 wouldn’t have felt quite so jarring?

I guess that’s true, one thing I did notice is that I found it much more fun when I had a friend or two to play it with. However in Halo 4 or 5 I do wish we got a season 2…

> 2533274982380239;2:
> Probably just more of having to run towards point A to fight a few enemies so you could the run to point B and hold your position. Essentially the entirety of Spartan Ops.

pretty much

> 2533274982380239;2:
> Probably just more of having to run towards point A to fight a few enemies so you could the run to point B and hold your position. Essentially the entirety of Spartan Ops.

As uninteresting as that was I liked the concept of Spartan Ops.

Plus the sheer enemy numbers made it great for player VS AI based challenges.

> 2535465841210047;10:
> > 2533274982380239;2:
> > Probably just more of having to run towards point A to fight a few enemies so you could the run to point B and hold your position. Essentially the entirety of Spartan Ops.
>
> As uninteresting as that was I liked the concept of Spartan Ops.
>
> Plus the sheer enemy numbers made it great for player VS AI based challenges.

Oh don’t get me wrong, Spartan Ops on paper is a great idea. Putting your own spartan into the story and getting to feel like you have some sort of impact on the Halo lore overall is a spectacular concept. Unfortunately, the execution was very off. I still have yet to finish the last 5 chapters, but it’s very clear to me 343i didn’t understand that players would want different types of objectives to complete at the launch of Halo 4.

Maybe you would have actually fought Jul’ Mdama rather then him being killed off in a cutscene in Halo 5.