What would rather reclaim

What would U rather humanity reclaimed. It’s ancient human technology and that or the forerunner enpire. Personally I would rather reclaim our own heritage

> 2535414600922971;1:
> What would U rather humanity reclaimed. It’s ancient human technology and that or the forerunner enpire. Personally I would rather reclaim our own heritage

Being Reclaimers isn’t really about either - it’s reclaiming The Mantle of Responsibility for all life in the galaxy

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2535414600922971;1:
> > What would U rather humanity reclaimed. It’s ancient human technology and that or the forerunner enpire. Personally I would rather reclaim our own heritage
>
> Being Reclaimers isn’t really about either - it’s reclaiming The Mantle of Responsibility for all life in the galaxy

Uh-uh, I’m pretty sure that only comes with The Mantle of Great Power.

That’s a spider-man joke. Im not being serious

I would rather them reclaim ancient human technology.

I don’t think that sort of technology should be exclusive, and I generally think mega empires are rarely the societies to root for. I would love to see ancient human and forerunner tech brought into the games though, at some point at least, I just don’t see a need for it to be framed as a “humanity reclaiming” sort of thing.

I am still iffy about the whole one species having the mantle of responsibility for all other life tbh, but I also haven’t really read how its philosophy is expressed in the books and extended lore so perhaps its a bit less of a perverse take on power than it initially comes across in the games, or perhaps the ultimate point will be that such rigid and unjust hierarchies are inherently immoral and unstable but we’ll have to wait for future titles to discern that.

> 2533274841519598;5:
> I don’t think that sort of technology should be exclusive, and I generally think mega empires are rarely the societies to root for. I would love to see ancient human and forerunner tech brought into the games though, at some point at least, I just don’t see a need for it to be framed as a “humanity reclaiming” sort of thing.
>
> I am still iffy about the whole one species having the mantle of responsibility for all other life tbh, but I also haven’t really read how its philosophy is expressed in the books and extended lore so perhaps its a bit less of a perverse take on power than it initially comes across in the games, or perhaps the ultimate point will be that such rigid and unjust hierarchies are inherently immoral and unstable but we’ll have to wait for future titles to discern that.

You have to remember too that most of our understanding of the Mantle is from the Forerunners’ perspective which is clearly a slightly scewed lense given the horrific acts they commited to seize and retain the Mantle

> 2533274841519598;5:
> I don’t think that sort of technology should be exclusive, and I generally think mega empires are rarely the societies to root for. I would love to see ancient human and forerunner tech brought into the games though, at some point at least, I just don’t see a need for it to be framed as a “humanity reclaiming” sort of thing.
>
> I am still iffy about the whole one species having the mantle of responsibility for all other life tbh, but I also haven’t really read how its philosophy is expressed in the books and extended lore so perhaps its a bit less of a perverse take on power than it initially comes across in the games, or perhaps the ultimate point will be that such rigid and unjust hierarchies are inherently immoral and unstable but we’ll have to wait for future titles to discern that.

The Mantle of Responsibility as set by the Precursors is the duty of the chosen race to ensure that every other race has the opportunity to reach their full potential. It is not a position of peace-keeping, or governance, just making sure a species isn’t wiped out completely before it peaks.

One interesting thing of note, even the Flood adhered to the ideology of the Mantle. Its attacks drove development of the races, pushing many of them towards alliances to overcome the Flood, and it deliberately held back against the Forerunners until they peaked before unleashing its full unstoppable power and purging their civilization for their crimes against the Mantle.

Reclaim our history. The truth about what happened in early human days, and how we evolved as a human race. What actually happend, not what we think happend. Know your history.

“Personally, I would rather reclaim our own heritage” done

I would rather we get there ourselves than rely on either civilization’s ancient technology. I’m not sure humanity would be ready for such an instantaneous and humongous technological leap. This isn’t to say I don’t think humans should study whatever artefacts we can find to help in our development, but I think there would probably be consequences if we relied too much on stockpiling already existing technology rather than getting their the “hard” way.