What would make Halo "5" successful

What would make Halo “5” successful:
-Removal of load-outs, including armor mods, choosing default weapons and equipment etc. and replace with the ability of picking ONLY the armor abilities you like to use.
-Nerf of pretty much every load-out weapon in Halo 4 as they are all extremely overpowered, especially the AR, BR, DMR.
-Leave sprint as a default ability but make some balances to it.
-Tremendous decrease to the aim assist. The difference between using a sniper rifle in Reach and BR in 3 in comparison to their Halo 4 counterparts is horrid.
-Removal of ordinance.
-Removal of instant respawn.
-Slower respawn of power weapons.
-CSR like in Halo 3.
-Ranked and Community playlists.
-Duel wielding.
-Addition of UNSC air vehicles.
-Forge world 2.0
-Theater for campaign and Co-op game modes.
-Revival and cohesion of Spartan ops and Firefight (but make Firefight actually competitive).
-Ability to play with offline bots.
-Retain the War Games concept.
-If Spartan ops returns, make the missions more challenge based so teamwork and strategy are key.
-Categorize armor skins as an armor-universal customization instead of being constrained to one set of armor. The armor skin selection could conveniently fit right under Armor Secondary selection.

343, if you want your population of Halo players to stay, implement these ideas into your next game(s) as these are ideas that pretty much everyone wants. I wasn’t the one who came up with a lot of them, the community was. Quit trying to develop for the new players, there are already enough players in the Halo community thirsty for a competitive experience. All you’re doing when you cater towards new players is pushing away the hard core fans.

Catering both both Casuals and Veterans, and also giving it a compelling story like Halo 4.

Also bring Custom Games/Forge back to their former glory, and add some new User-Created-Content features.

If you think leaving sprint, AAs, and loadouts in the game, and it would still be successful…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I think Halo 5 needs these changes:
-Loadouts that allow any weapon
-Instant Respawn
-Free DLC
-Ordinance that allows any weapon
-armor lock
-sprint
-More aim assist
-More armor mods

Armor lock, forge world and more customisations.

Classic Halo gameplay, no AB and weapon load outs, fight for them on the map!

More MP maps upon ship. Halo 3 had an amazing amount of maps when all was said and done and they where all awesome!

Firefight, please, Firefight!

Spartan Ops was fun but it was no Firefight.

Bring back good costem options and make a social and competitive playlist. Also halo 5 has it’s own unique story and gameplay.

> If you think leaving sprint, AAs, and loadouts in the game, and it would still be successful…

You’re wrong. Simple as that. Only hyper competitive players hate AAs and Sprint, and I’m fine with Loadouts as long as we get a set of Legendary playlists at launch.

A lot of people would call a Halo with no AAs a huge set back and, to an extent, I would agree. Put them on the map like power weapons (in Legendary playlists) and all the issues are gone. That way you can be selective and omit Loadouts like Jetpack and Active Camo from maps where they don’t work (which is most maps).

Sprint should just give a slightly smaller speed boost (maybe from 130% to 120% of normal speed) and that should be enough to make maps work, and it should also be possible to disable it in custom games/trait zones.

But that’s all your stuff, not mine.

What I think can help:

• A mindblowingly epic Campaign of massive proportions with gameplay on par with Halo 3 and story on par with Halo 2- but all turned up to 11 and maximized with the power of the Xbox One. It shouldn’t just look pretty, it needs to be a true next generation game- huge battles, tons of AI, huge maps. We need to see some classic music tracks return to make the journey more awesome and we need to see more memorable and epic moments in the game.

• Catering to both communities instead of trying to make a compromise. Give us 3 or 4 Legendary playlists at launch that play like Halo 5 but with even starts, weapons on the map, no personal ordnance and no killcam. I guess it can work with no Sprint, too. The playlists should be something like: Legendary Slayer (basic 4v4 Slayer), Legendary Objective (4v4 Objective matches), Legendary BTB (8v8- even if the game can do more- and have both Slayer and Objective gametypes) and Legendary FFA (8 players, all kinds of FFA games- Slayer, Headhunter, Juggernaught, King of the Hill… whatever works). The “Infinity” playlists should be similar to Halo 4. There should be more of them, and things like Multiteam, Griffball and Doubles would feature on it (but certain playlist will still have options for Legendary gametypes). Legendary would have visible CSR and Infinity won’t.

• The return of gametypes and custom game options as well as new additions. Halo 5 should have the best CGs yet and should hail the return of most of these: Invasion, Assault, Territories, Juggernaught, One Flag CTF, Infection (alongside Flood, or maybe just a tweaked Flood), Stockpile and Headhunter as well as everything from Halo 4 (DOMINION!!!). And how about some new additions too? Also, Forge should be amazing and the community has enough good ideas on that front.

• A good replacement for Spartan Ops (since, sadly, 343i announced there’ll be no season 2). If it’s Firefight, 343i should look towards the approach in ODST rather than Reach. Make it tough, make it about survival- no infinite ammo caches, few lives, no Rockets at spawn and for the love of god don’t make the main playlist an Arcade Playlist like Reach. Also, Firefight is just one of these modes which should give as much XP offline as online (as long as you play on specific preset modes), so we should be able to do the good old never ending Firefights with fitting rewards.

• A theater that works. It should film all game modes and multiple people should be able to see what the party leader (or player one) is showing. Also, there should be a way to upload such videos directly to YouTube or to download good-quality versions through Waypoint.

*Extra: remake Sandtrap, include Elephants. I would scream like a little girl… Okay, I wouldn’t but I’d be very happy.

>

I can’t for the life of me understand if you’re trolling or serious. You pretty much listed everything the community hates but added “Free DLC” in the middle. Nice one.

Way more vehicles

honestly armor lock was the worst thing halo ever did. i hated it with a passion and i hope the idea of it gets put into a hole and craped on. damn that thing made me soo mad lol

> Classic Halo gameplay, no AB and weapon load outs, fight for them on the map!
>
> More MP maps upon ship. Halo 3 had an amazing amount of maps when all was said and done and they where all awesome!
>
> Firefight, please, Firefight!
>
> Spartan Ops was fun but it was no Firefight.

I agree with most of this. Though I’d like to keep weapon loadouts. The truth is noone fights on the map for a Carbine, ever. So what harm is there really in letting us pick one when we spawn if we like it more?

Power Weapons are the only weapons we should worry about on the map.