What would make Halo 5 good or even great

Just remove the sprint. I watched the other mechanics and they all seem very Unreal Tournamentish, which is fine because the kill times are roughly the same in UT. But the problem with sprint is, the kill times are too long and the maps never work well with it.

If they’re going to keep sprint, they should force you to play with a Dance Dance Revolutionesque floor pad.

Can we please stop these threads. Sprint is here to stay, get used to it.

> 2533274857398125;3:
> Can we please stop these threads. Sprint is here to stay, get used to it.

So we’re just suppose to accept -Yoink- game mechanics just because 343 tries to force feed it to us?
No thanks, I’ll just stay on MCC.

Sprint isn’t even bad. I don’t know why everyone hates it. Bungie introduced it, and 343i just added to it and balanced it.
So you want sprint to be removed? First off, they would have to change all the maps in the Beta smaller. That would cause issues during the Beta, because they couldn’t do it after. If 343i removed sprint after the Beta, they would need a new Beta because everything has changed.
The Beta isn’t so people can complain to remove features. It’s so 343i can balance them.

> 2533274877056440;5:
> Sprint isn’t even bad. I don’t know why everyone hates it. Bungie introduced it, and 343i just added to it and balanced it.
> So you want sprint to be removed? First off, they would have to change all the maps in the Beta smaller. That would cause issues during the Beta, because they couldn’t do it after. If 343i removed sprint after the Beta, they would need a new Beta because everything has changed.
> The Beta isn’t so people can complain to remove features. It’s so 343i can balance them.

Your wisdom has no bounds my friend. People need to realize it’s only going to be the little things that they will change; nothing drastic.

> 2533274877056440;5:
> Sprint isn’t even bad. I don’t know why everyone hates it. Bungie introduced it, and 343i just added to it and balanced it.
> So you want sprint to be removed? First off, they would have to change all the maps in the Beta smaller. That would cause issues during the Beta, because they couldn’t do it after. If 343i removed sprint after the Beta, they would need a new Beta because everything has changed.
> The Beta isn’t so people can complain to remove features. It’s so 343i can balance them.

Does it matter if Bungie introduced it? They’re not a flawless, perfect company, and just because they brought it into Halo, it doesn’t mean that it was a good addition.

Now, there are just a few small things that I would change in Halo 5 to make it great in my eyes. I would, as others have said, remove sprint. I would also remove Smart Scope off of any non-precision weapon, and then remove the Spartan Chatter and the radio call in that tells you when stuff is spawning. It’s a relatively short list, but to me, those things stop Halo 5 from being at the same level as the first three games.

I think my super soldier should be able to sprint honestly. In reality though they have rebalanced sprint a lot. You can no longer regen shields until you stop sprinting and some of the thruster pack abilities are tied in with sprint too which makes them more tactical. I think sprint can be a great part of halo and it looks they have got it just about perfect this time around.

> 2533274950604834;8:
> I think my super soldier should be able to sprint honestly. In reality though they have rebalanced sprint a lot. You can no longer regen shields until you stop sprinting and some of the thruster pack abilities are tied in with sprint too which makes them more tactical. I think sprint can be a great part of halo and it looks they have got it just about perfect this time around.

If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?

> 2533274808386392;9:
> If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?

Because that’s how the human body works. Even though they are super soldiers, when any Human sprints as fast as they can, their arms have to move or they are not sprinting as fast as they can. (it just turns into a jog/run thing).

Don’t believe me. Go sprint with your arms outstretched and not moving like how you should be while aiming a gun (or use a gun/stick or something). Then let your arms move naturally while you run and you’ll see the difference.

> 2533274871612285;10:
> > 2533274808386392;9:
> > If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?
>
>
> Because that’s how the human body works. Even though they are super soldiers, when any Human sprints as fast as they can, their arms have to move or they are not sprinting as fast as they can. (it just turns into a jog/run thing).
>
> Don’t believe me. Go sprint with your arms outstretched and not moving like how you should be while aiming a gun (or use a gun/stick or something). Then let your arms move naturally while you run and you’ll see the difference.

Wrong, Master Chief was able to Sprint while using his weapon.

-No sprint
-More Halo-esque sounds

Hell even if 343 only took out sprint, I’d rank Guardians up there with ZBNS Reach.

> 2533274806427910;11:
> > 2533274871612285;10:
> > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?
> >
> >
> >
> > Because that’s how the human body works. Even though they are super soldiers, when any Human sprints as fast as they can, their arms have to move or they are not sprinting as fast as they can. (it just turns into a jog/run thing).
> >
> > Don’t believe me. Go sprint with your arms outstretched and not moving like how you should be while aiming a gun (or use a gun/stick or something). Then let your arms move naturally while you run and you’ll see the difference.
>
>
> Wrong, Master Chief was able to Sprint while using his weapon.

If you are referring to the first 3 games then he isn’t sprinting in the game play and I’ll give examples. First in Halo 1 and 2 specifically there are cut scenes where you see MC sprinting and it is definitely not with his gun on his shoulder looking down the sights. On The Maw in the final cut scene you see him running (with his arms like a normal human being). Additionally on Regret in Halo 2 you see him sprinting before the covenant glass the facility he was on. And lastly, he always sprinted that way in Halo 4 which would leave people wondering if he forgot how to in between the two games.

And I’m not kidding go try and do it. It’s impossible to be fully sprinting and aiming down your sights consistently. That is the way human physiology works, so the MJOLNIR would not help with counteracting that movement because that is a natural occurrence when any -Yoink!- Sapien runs.

> 2533274871612285;13:
> > 2533274806427910;11:
> > > 2533274871612285;10:
> > > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > > If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Because that’s how the human body works. Even though they are super soldiers, when any Human sprints as fast as they can, their arms have to move or they are not sprinting as fast as they can. (it just turns into a jog/run thing).
> > >
> > > Don’t believe me. Go sprint with your arms outstretched and not moving like how you should be while aiming a gun (or use a gun/stick or something). Then let your arms move naturally while you run and you’ll see the difference.
> >
> >
> >
> > Wrong, Master Chief was able to Sprint while using his weapon.
>
>
> If you are referring to the first 3 games then he isn’t sprinting in the game play and I’ll give examples. First in Halo 1 and 2 specifically there are cut scenes where you see MC sprinting and it is definitely not with his gun on his shoulder looking down the sights. On The Maw in the final cut scene you see him running (with his arms like a normal human being). Additionally on Regret in Halo 2 you see him sprinting before the covenant glass the facility he was on. And lastly, he always sprinted that way in Halo 4 which would leave people wondering if he forgot how to in between the two games.
>
> And I’m not kidding go try and do it. It’s impossible to be fully sprinting and aiming down your sights consistently. That is the way human physiology works, so the MJOLNIR would not help with counteracting that movement because that is a natural occurrence when any -Yoink!- Sapien runs.

Doesn’t matter if it’s realistic to have a sprinting mechanic-purely speaking in terms of gameplay, it will always be detrimental to Halo. Always. It takes everything that has defined Halo since day one–that is, smaller maps, fast pace, and balanced player movement–and throws it all out the window. Of all the new mechanics that were present for the past four years, sprint is the last mechanic that literally effects the entire game. It is the sole reason we are still seeing stretched maps in Halo 5’s gameplay reveals.

> 2533274873267862;14:
> Doesn’t matter if it’s realistic to have a sprinting mechanic-purely speaking in terms of gameplay, it will always be detrimental to Halo. Always. It takes everything that has defined Halo since day one–that is, smaller maps, fast pace, and balanced player movement–and throws it all out the window. Of all the new mechanics that were present for the past four years, sprint is the last mechanic that literally effects the entire game. It is the sole reason we are still seeing stretched maps in Halo 5’s gameplay reveals.

I honestly think that sprint and all the new base movement mechanics absolutely should be in the campaign of H5, however for multiplayer it can be debated…

Honestly not trying to argue here, but I’ve never seen a truly explained way of how and why Sprint ‘destroys’ gameplay? If you could explain to me how sprint critically affects gameplay to where smaller maps, faster pace, and balanced player movement are all broken by one mechanic that would be helpful not only to me but many in this community? I mean common sense would say sprint would make it faster pace, but what do I know. Also if every player has the same base movement abilities, how is it not balanced? Lastly, smaller maps is all a development choice you could have the same size maps as before with the new mechanics and it would just be crazy, but you could still do it. So if you could enlighten me I’ll listen.

  • Keep sprint.- Dark campaign which is at least 10 full missions long.- Re-add firefight with more customization than ever before.- Improve on spartan ops- Re-add older classic weapons.- Bring back brutes drones and skirmishers- An amazing forge mode. More covenant promethean and human objects and stuff- Flood- Elites in matchmaking

> 2533274884078920;16:
> - Keep sprint.
> - Dark campaign which is at least 10 full missions long.
> - Re-add firefight with more customization than ever before.
> - Improve on spartan ops
> - Re-add older classic weapons.
> - Bring back brutes drones and skirmishers
> - An amazing forge mode. More covenant promethean and human objects and stuff
> - Flood
> - Elites in matchmaking

I disagree with keep sprint, but the rest of this list would be great.

> 2533274884078920;16:
> - Keep sprint.
> - Dark campaign which is at least 10 full missions long.
> - Re-add firefight with more customization than ever before.
> - Improve on spartan ops
> - Re-add older classic weapons.
> - Bring back brutes drones and skirmishers
> - An amazing forge mode. More covenant promethean and human objects and stuff
> - Flood
> - Elites in matchmaking

If they made this game the amount of content would be mind blowing! A long, heavy story-line; better, possibly longer spartan ops; more character models and animation; enhanced Firefight with more content; more weapons in the sand box; an enlarged and refined Forge mode; and another character model with hopefully full customization options for online play; and a revamped species new to the already new engine! And don’t forget about the possibly best and most expansive Halo multiplayer yet!

This amount of sheer content would set a new bar for not only Halo, but future next-gen games in general.

> 2533274871612285;13:
> > 2533274806427910;11:
> > > 2533274871612285;10:
> > > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > > If he was truly a super soldier, why would he need to put down his weapon to Sprint? Should a super soldier not be able to aim his gun while running, like we did in past Halo games?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Because that’s how the human body works. Even though they are super soldiers, when any Human sprints as fast as they can, their arms have to move or they are not sprinting as fast as they can. (it just turns into a jog/run thing).
> > >
> > > Don’t believe me. Go sprint with your arms outstretched and not moving like how you should be while aiming a gun (or use a gun/stick or something). Then let your arms move naturally while you run and you’ll see the difference.
> >
> >
> >
> > Wrong, Master Chief was able to Sprint while using his weapon.
>
>
> If you are referring to the first 3 games then he isn’t sprinting in the game play and I’ll give examples. First in Halo 1 and 2 specifically there are cut scenes where you see MC sprinting and it is definitely not with his gun on his shoulder looking down the sights. On The Maw in the final cut scene you see him running (with his arms like a normal human being). Additionally on Regret in Halo 2 you see him sprinting before the covenant glass the facility he was on. And lastly, he always sprinted that way in Halo 4 which would leave people wondering if he forgot how to in between the two games.
>
> And I’m not kidding go try and do it. It’s impossible to be fully sprinting and aiming down your sights consistently. That is the way human physiology works, so the MJOLNIR would not help with counteracting that movement because that is a natural occurrence when any -Yoink!- Sapien runs.

I was referring to Halo Legends. Why would you assume I meant the first three games? It is common knowledge that regular humans cannot sprint and shoot at the same time. But we are talking about genetically enhanced soldiers with armor that does at least most of the aiming for them. Just watch The Package so you can understand my point.

> 2533274806427910;19:
> I was referring to Halo Legends. Why would you assume I meant the first three games? It is common knowledge that regular humans cannot sprint and shoot at the same time. But we are talking about genetically enhanced soldiers with armor that does at least most of the aiming for them. Just watch The Package so you can understand my point.

I still will disagree with you. It is stated that Kelly-087s top speed was recorded at 62 kmh or 38.5 mph. John-117 has been noted to have briefly ran at around 105 kmh or 65.2 mph during a MJOLNIR MARK V training exercise, but subsequently tore his Achilles tendon. So argue that while they are running faster than any human can, they are not sprinting. At 8:05 of The Package you see them sprinting without the gun at their shoulder and again at 8:05. And I argue that they are not genetically modified, they are definitely augmented and the top of their respective gene-pools, but they weren’t genetically modified. And augmentations don’t change Human physiology they enhance it. So they still sprint with their arms, just their sprinting doesn’t happen till they get going really, really fast.