What would make forge islands perfect 343 PR

I’d like to start off by saying, i’m really happy 343i decided to give us a big fore environment and we all appreciate it being free. Thank you for that, but, much like all of the other good things they add to the game, it could be much better.

As we have seen, the forge islands are all flat and unvaried environments. It is very un-interesting and lazy looking, but its really big and that’s good.

What would solve the super flat, un-interesting terrain problem???

Environmental Terrain forge pieces.

Not just the rocks you see in all the other forge maps, but actually pieces of terrain with varied curves, different grasses, edges, and consistency. Maybe even forge pieces with different types of trees. The scales of the environmental forge pieces would probably be big to huge, so you can really make an impact on changing the look of the flat canvases.

This would allow forgers all kinds of creativity ascetically, and pull forgers away from relying on the sharp edges and flat surfaces of the normal forge pieces we see already.

Just ideals of the types of Environmental Terrain pieces you could have.

• Hills
  • Mountains
  • Ravines
    -Ditches
    -Caves
    -Islands(Some that curve into the water)
    -Trees
  • Craters
  • Inactive Volcanoes (Crosses fingers)

Just imagine the possibilities when you combine this, with the scale of Forge Islands!

I am begging 343i to consider this, because without something like this, forge islands is essentially just a tone of space. With a few flat grounds.

On the optimistic side, they did mention adding new forge pieces, unfortuntly i am not expecting 343i to be so cool as to mean Environmental Terran Forge pieces like these, if they did, they most likely would have shown them.

Continuing wit the optimistic, i do not think it would be that hard to implement this because they probably use some type of default pieces to make the huge canvases we see in the maps so i feel as though they could easily turn them into forge pieces.

Please 343i! Do this!!!

Yes, they should do this. Scale should not be a limiting factor for a forge object. I mean, look at the coliseum wall and window. Those are very large too, so combine that scale with the “lot of trees” forge object in the Timberland remake in Reach and there will be forge epicness guaranteed.

bumbp i feel this is really important

I like the idea, but sadly 343 will not do this. They already have too much on their hands already.

all i want is a hornet
:T

I don’t think it would be that much work though, as i said before when they make the maps they already use huge default pieces that they could easily turn into forge pieces for us to use.

These are all really good ideas but there is no way in hel we’re gonna see them in this game. keep your fingers crossed for halo 5 though :slight_smile:

It’s free…

I agree,I’m not gonna get my hopes up,but my fingers will be crossed!

it’d be great to throw down some trees :3

Well, they were talking about wanting someone to make Blood Gulch…and you kind of need hills to make Blood Gulch…so yes?

> It’s free…

…so is my dessert when the waiter drops the ball…if I complain about it.

I think this map was free because 343 realized they didn’t actually understand what the Forge community “does” with Forge, as far as the initial maps were concerned.

But yeah…I don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, even if I DO agree full-heartedly with the OP.

What would make it perfect is… LIGHTING THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.

Think a bout it. Now we have to put in: Obsticales, buildings, formations, bases and walls. but having a map that only uses all the walls and blocks cant spare it. So goodbye maps with lighting.

Dont get me wrong i LOVE 343i and all that theyre doing and how they are trying to improve, but please, at least allow us to fully turn of the faulty lighting.

Yeah, it would be great to have all the tools to make Blood Gulch accurately.

I’m happy we are getting what we’re getting, but this is something that I think forge has needed for a long time. Let us not only create the structures but also the landscape.

> I’d like to start off by saying, i’m really happy 343i decided to give us a big fore environment and we all appreciate it being free. Thank you for that, but, much like all of the other good things they add to the game, it could be much better.
>
> As we have seen, the forge islands are all flat and unvaried environments. It is very un-interesting and lazy looking, but its really big and that’s good.
>
> What would solve the super flat, un-interesting terrain problem???
>
> Environmental Terrain forge pieces.
>
> Not just the rocks you see in all the other forge maps, but actually pieces of terrain with varied curves, different grasses, edges, and consistency. Maybe even forge pieces with different types of trees. The scales of the environmental forge pieces would probably be big to huge, so you can really make an impact on changing the look of the flat canvases.
>
> This would allow forgers all kinds of creativity ascetically, and pull forgers away from relying on the sharp edges and flat surfaces of the normal forge pieces we see already.
>
> Just ideals of the types of Environmental Terrain pieces you could have.
>
> - Hills
> - Mountains
> - Ravines
> -Ditches
> -Caves
> -Islands(Some that curve into the water)
> -Trees
> - Craters
> - Inactive Volcanoes (Crosses fingers)
>
>
> Just imagine the possibilities when you combine this, with the scale of Forge Islands!
>
> I am begging 343i to consider this, because without something like this, forge islands is essentially just a tone of space. With a few flat grounds.
>
> On the optimistic side, they did mention adding new forge pieces, unfortuntly i am not expecting 343i to be so cool as to mean Environmental Terran Forge pieces like these, if they did, they most likely would have shown them.
>
> Continuing wit the optimistic, i do not think it would be that hard to implement this because they probably use some type of default pieces to make the huge canvases we see in the maps so i feel as though they could easily turn them into forge pieces.
>
> Please 343i! Do this!!!

It’s like he’s saying what we’re all thinking.

It’s an Xbox 360, not a PC. You have to consider memory space, or else your Xbox will crash.

Hey if it all helps out with having more custom game lobbies then by all means I hope they bring it then!

> It’s an Xbox 360, not a PC. You have to consider memory space, or else your Xbox will crash.

Memory space isn’t a problem. Environmental pieces would take up just as much memory as normal pieces.

nod nod nod nod nod

I’ve been dreaming of these pieces since forge was introduced. I won’t keep my hopes up for H4 but I’m hoping they will be included in H5.