What would have been nice.

Anyone else hate the banshee now? It is a freaking steroid monster and ruins nearly every gametype it is in. One banshee should not be able to spawn camp a whole team in btb. Lock on for vehicles is fine, brilliant even, but the explosive radius of banshee bomb is ungodly. There is literally no reason to use the main plasma repeater cannons which is what SHOULD be the anti-infantry weapon. What in gods name were they thinking when they made this game breaking demon?? Flip, boost recharges, banshee bomb, boost to target, banshee bomb, flip, boost recharges, repeat.

yeah the banshee is terrible. It ruins more of my perfection matches than anything … actually scratch that, I’ve never lost one of my perfection matches by getting out DMR’d or somethign like that, it’s always been a banshee. Some sub-par player uses the banshee bomb and the bomb hits a wall not even near me and still kills me.

This is why I blow up the banshee (team side or not) always when I see one. I’d rather have them blown up than sitting there waiting for an enemy to come by and rip me off cheaply.

Someone will probably leave a dumb post saying “why don’t you DMR it out of the sky then?” DMR’ing one out of the sky works but only if your team is helping too. I’ve seen so many matches where I am the only player actually DMR’ing the flying demon and everyone else is in derp mode just getting blown up by and not shooting back. You can’t rely on randoms to do anything in reach. and no beautiful laser on most BTB makes it even worse. In Halo 3 I usually get laser and first thing I blow up is the banshee, those are good times =)

> yeah the banshee is terrible. It ruins more of my perfection matches than anything … actually scratch that, I’ve never lost one of my perfection matches by getting out DMR’d or somethign like that, it’s always been a banshee. Some sub-par player uses the banshee bomb and the bomb hits a wall not even near me and still kills me.
>
> This is why I blow up the banshee (team side or not) always when I see one. I’d rather have them blown up than sitting there waiting for an enemy to come by and rip me off cheaply.
>
> Someone will probably leave a dumb post saying “why don’t you DMR it out of the sky then?” DMR’ing one out of the sky works but only if your team is helping too. I’ve seen so many matches where I am the only player actually DMR’ing the flying demon and everyone else is in derp mode just getting blown up by and not shooting back. You can’t rely on randoms to do anything in reach. and no beautiful laser on most BTB makes it even worse. In Halo 3 I usually get laser and first thing I blow up is the banshee, those are good times =)

Just had a horrible match against a full party team earlier, grabbed banshee and sent 4+ people to the splazer. I went for splazer by myself and then one person came too after I was good and raped to join me in respawn hell. Lasered our banshee and then effectively spawn camped us so bad with banshee and dmr’s. I think i was the only one who tried killing it even, couldnt go anywhere without dying. Eventually grabbed our banshee when it respawned and out-manuevered the other banshee so i could get one banshee bomb hit right before i was splazered, only like 20 seconds in the air. Finished it with gunfire after 3 more short lives. We got raped that game, randoms suck. Lol this post is probably a result of that horrible match. They stole our banshee out of respawn near the end of it too.

That is the reason why I don’t play invasion anymore. The banshee is so OP (overpowered) it pretty much a game ruin-er when anybody gets into it. And it seems that every map i play on with a banshee there is no spartan laser or any rocket launcher actually being used to take it down.

I believe the banshee isnt realy the problem I personly believe its team mates that are the problem in matches. Because if a team would just focus there fire on the banshee for 5 secounds with dmrs it wouldnt be able to stay up in the air for long at all.

> I believe the banshee isnt realy the problem I personly believe its team mates that are the problem in matches. Because if a team would just focus there fire on the banshee for 5 secounds with dmrs it wouldnt be able to stay up in the air for long at all.

This idea isn’t new, the problem is in a game of 8 on 8 if eight people on one team stops to shoot down one person they leave themselves open to the other team. Instead of everyone 1v1 it’s 8v1, while the other team now has 8 more kills handed to them on a silver platter. 8 vs 1 banshee will bring it down but your entire team will get owned in the process. Regrouping after may be impossible.

How about we have a gametype that lacks overpowered weapons and vehicles and just go back to core gameplay. I’ll tell you what I think CORE is: on a large map like hemmorage: 2 machine gun hogs, 1 rocket hog, 2 ghosts, 2 mongeese, 1 tank (wraith) per side. Keep the vehicles like scorpian and revenant out. No banshee either. Beef up movement rate, jump height and damage resistence as well to compensate. And of course put more weapons on the map.

> > I believe the banshee isnt realy the problem I personly believe its team mates that are the problem in matches. Because if a team would just focus there fire on the banshee for 5 secounds with dmrs it wouldnt be able to stay up in the air for long at all.
>
> This idea isn’t new, the problem is in a game of 8 on 8 if eight people on one team stops to shoot down one person they leave themselves open to the other team. Instead of everyone 1v1 it’s 8v1, while the other team now has 8 more kills handed to them on a silver platter. 8 vs 1 banshee will bring it down but your entire team will get owned in the process. Regrouping after may be impossible.
>
> How about we have a gametype that lacks overpowered weapons and vehicles and just go back to core gameplay. I’ll tell you what I think CORE is: on a large map like hemmorage: 2 machine gun hogs, 1 rocket hog, 2 ghosts, 2 mongeese, 1 tank (wraith) per side. Keep the vehicles like scorpian and revenant out. No banshee either. Beef up movement rate, jump height and damage resistence as well to compensate. And of course put more weapons on the map.

I know this idea isnt new but i also know my idea works. a btb game isnt a game of 8 seprate 1v1s but it should play out like any other 4v4 team slayer game where the team works together to win the game.

And its not that hard to fend off the other team while, your team is taking out the banshee.

yes but its hard to get your whole team to concentrate fire on a banshee that is using itself and an entire team to spawn camp you, like invasion on spire bombing the cliffs when a spartan steals the banshee. You literally dont have the 5 seconds to find the banshee and start shooting even, much less the additional 5 seconds of everyone shooting at it to actually kill the thing. It can easily be fixed if they just nerf the banshee bomb kill radius in order to make the main repeaters anti-infantry weapons like theyre supposed to be, right now no one uses them. I wouldnt even mind anymore that it is impossible to lock onto the banshee since it does nothing but flip if they nerfed the banshee bomb.

> yes but its hard to get your whole team to concentrate fire on a banshee that is using itself and an entire team to spawn camp you, like invasion on spire bombing the cliffs when a spartan steals the banshee. You literally dont have the 5 seconds to find the banshee and start shooting even, much less the additional 5 seconds of everyone shooting at it to actually kill the thing. It can easily be fixed if they just nerf the banshee bomb kill radius in order to make the main repeaters anti-infantry weapons like theyre supposed to be, right now no one uses them. I wouldnt even mind anymore that it is impossible to lock onto the banshee since it does nothing but flip if they nerfed the banshee bomb.

Well in the end there well be no nerfing of the damage ratius of the banshee in halo reach due to the fact that halo 4 is 4 months away.