What would be YOUR perfect halo infinite

First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite

Halo 2 aiming
Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
Halo reach customization
Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
Halo 2 music
H2a enemy looks
Halo 1 mystery

> 2533274830166194;1:
> First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
>
> Halo 2 aiming
> Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> Halo reach customization
> Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> Halo 2 music
> H2a enemy looks
> Halo 1 mystery

-I’ve actually grown to like the aiming system in 5, but I’d like 4’s lack of descope, please. Especially when there are weapons like the Lightrifle, which are more powerful when scoped.
-H3 maps were wonderful, but there are some I like in all of the games. I wouldn’t just want old maps, though. I’d prefer original maps.
-A mix of Reach and 4’s customization, with armor unlocks being split between achievements (like in 3), rank-ups and commendations (like in 4), and purchases (like in Reach). I want to earn my armor, -Yoink!-! But we don’t need the sheer amount of armor that 5 has, because that was just to bloat the REQ system.
-All of the yes for darker stories with good character development.
-I feel like Halo 2’s music went a little overboard some of the time. The music in 3 and Reach is my favorite.
-I’ve actually grown to love all of the enemy appearances, but they could stand to be less rounded than they are in 5.
-I love going into a game not fully knowing what’s going on, and learning more about the world as we go, but this world is a little too developed for that.

Adding on, these are minor gripes:
-Let custom games and campaign give XP again, like in Reach. Obviously, they shouldn’t give too much, but at least a little.
-Bring back ODST/Reach versions of Firefight.
-Let us pick up the skulls and beat up people with them in Campaign. This is one of my biggest problems with H5 (surprisingly).
-Truthful marketing with accurate depictions of the game.

> 2533274830166194;1:
> First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
>
> Halo 2 aiming
> Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> Halo reach customization
> Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> Halo 2 music
> H2a enemy looks
> Halo 1 mystery

None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,

I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.

> 2592250499819446;3:
> > 2533274830166194;1:
> > First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
> >
> > Halo 2 aiming
> > Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> > Halo reach customization
> > Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> > Halo 2 music
> > H2a enemy looks
> > Halo 1 mystery
>
> None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,
>
> I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.

… so Destiny. You want Destiny.

•Classic Gameplay and Music
•Reach levels of Customization
•Reach ranking system with credits
•Return of Invasion, Dominion, and Warzone (without Reqs)
•H2A Covenant (Campaign)
•Return of all old vehicles like Falcon, Chopper, Elephant, etc…
•Vehicles that’s fly when damaged (Halo 3 and CE)
•Warthog Run
•Scouthog that holds more than 2 people
•Reach UI
•Halo 2 BR (Halo 5 version)
•Halo 5 weapon variants
•Return of Fan Favorite Maps
•Playable Elites
•Dual wielding
•Loads of Gamemodes (At launch)
•No rotational Playlists
•Halo 5 action sack
•Forgeable AI
•Reach infection
•New game mode with +50 players
•Both Warzone Firefight and Classic Firefight
•No microtransactions (if implemented only weapon skins and announcer voices)

> 2592250499819446;3:
> > 2533274830166194;1:
> > First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
> >
> > Halo 2 aiming
> > Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> > Halo reach customization
> > Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> > Halo 2 music
> > H2a enemy looks
> > Halo 1 mystery
>
> None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,
>
> I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.

Halo isn’t that type of franchise though.Like the other guy said that’s basically destiny.Why would there be bounties in a halo game?

What would I like?

A story without Cortana as the villain.

#classic gameplay return

Make the campaign have fun enemies to play against. Prometheans and 50000x Warden Eternals were not fun to fight.

I like fighting against Flood but I also appreciate the horror vibes they can add to levels.

A not open world FPS game, but an FPS with large levels.
Why would you want Infinite to be, as a major release, a totally different genre than the last five mainline titles? I’ll pay attention to it either way of what the game is, however.

> 2533274912984822;7:
> What would I like?
>
> A story without Cortana as the villain.

Looks like that’s already being retconned, especially with Chief putting an AI chip in his helmet at the end of the Infinite trailer.

• Halo Reach customization with credits (Who needs Req points anyway) - Halo CE/Halo 3 Warthog run or Halo 2 style boss fight (Example: Arbiter vs Tartarus) - Halo CE mystery (Like when Chief first found the Flood, something similar can be used to reveal Mendicant Bias or the Primordial) - Dual Wielding - Return of classic weapons and vehicles (Spiker, Brute Shot, Chopper, Falcon, Revenant, Hornet, Plasma Repeater, Spectre, etc.) - Bigger, drivable vehicles (Pelican, Phantom, Seraph, etc.) - Scarab missions (like the ones in Halo 2 and 3) - A similar opening cutscene like in Halo 2 where Chief gets his new set of armor. - Playable Elites (The elites need a similar customization system that the Spartans have in Halo Reach) - Sprint (Every other ability from Halo 5 should be removed) - Halo 5’s Forge (maybe with Forgeable AI) - The Flood (If we’re going to be on Installation 07, we can’t be on the ring without seeing the Flood and The Primordial) - Armor diversity (Halo 5 had a lot of armor, but most of them were either very odd looking or they were variants with different color patterns. Hopefully we see the armor diversity that Halo Reach had.) - Halo Reach ranking system (Lt. Colonel, General, Captain, etc.) - Return of fan-favorite game modes and maps like Invasion from Halo Reach or Blood Gulch from Halo CE and 2 - Return of Split-Screen - Return of previous characters (Lord Hood and Rtas Vadum aka Shipmaster from Halo 2 and 3, Jun from Halo Reach)I have high hopes for Halo Infinite, this game is 343’s redemption.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary aim - Halo 3/4 maps - Halo Reach Customization For both Spartans and Elites (the biggest and diverse customization in a halo game while staying true to the originals) - Halo CE/3 Campaign/tone/atmosphere - Halo CE soundtrack - Halo 2 Anniversary enemy looks - The best ending to a halo game since halo CE

My perfect Halo Infinite would consist of:

• Long and interesting campaign - Classic mixed with new designs - No ADS - No Spartan charge - No sprint - Playable elites - Reach ranking system & armor customization - Simple forge - Return of all enemy species & original weapons/vehicles - Blur cutscenes - Classic Firefight - Spirit of Fire & Banished appearance - Flood Survival Mode - Dual wielding

> 2535422386455449;4:
> > 2592250499819446;3:
> > > 2533274830166194;1:
> > > First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
> > >
> > > Halo 2 aiming
> > > Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> > > Halo reach customization
> > > Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> > > Halo 2 music
> > > H2a enemy looks
> > > Halo 1 mystery
> >
> > None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,
> >
> > I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.
>
> … so Destiny. You want Destiny.

No, I want an open world Halo, I made the mistake of getting Destiny 1, I didn’t get Destiny 2, if I wanted Destiny I would be playing that right now. The OP asked what would be our perfect Halo Infinite, mine would be what I wrote.

I want a big open world / worlds Halo, we get these wonderful levels in Halo, but we never get to explore them, it’s always a linear progression. I think Halo needs to establish itself as a console seller once again, it needs a new direction imo.

> 2592250499819446;15:
> > 2535422386455449;4:
> > > 2592250499819446;3:
> > > > 2533274830166194;1:
> > > > First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
> > > >
> > > > Halo 2 aiming
> > > > Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> > > > Halo reach customization
> > > > Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> > > > Halo 2 music
> > > > H2a enemy looks
> > > > Halo 1 mystery
> > >
> > > None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,
> > >
> > > I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.
> >
> > … so Destiny. You want Destiny.
>
> No, I want an open world Halo, I made the mistake of getting Destiny 1, I didn’t get Destiny 2, if I wanted Destiny I would be playing that right now. The OP asked what would be our perfect Halo Infinite, mine would be what I wrote.
>
> I want a big open world / worlds Halo, we get these wonderful levels in Halo, but we never get to explore them, it’s always a linear progression. I think Halo needs to establish itself as a console seller once again, it needs a new direction imo.

Open world games all feel exactly the same these days though. Go to this way point here , pick up random Item , return to point a or carry it to point c , kill enemies, or mini boss. rinse and repeat.
Open world games are beginning to create fatigue among some of us and will among a larger base of players soon I imagine. Especially if they can’t come up with more creative game play mechanics.

• The return of Dual-Wielding: it has been one of the pillars that defined the Classic Halo. It not only expanded the sandbox, but made you able to create your own type of weapon to fight. I’ll list some of them: dual needlers, dual plasma rifles, brute plasma rifle and magnum, plasma pistol and smg, dual smgs… By increasing the recoil and removing the ability to throw grenades or melee without dropping one of them, it is in a balanced way. It is a fun feature for lots of people, and I would like it to return.

• The remove of Ground Pound and all mechanics related to Sprint, only leaving the rocket-propelled bag. Why? Because it makes the game a bit faster and modern while keeping the old movement speed. I don’t think it would affect the old gameplay so much. Also remove the jumping assistances (or clamber). In my opinion, practising, learning and progressing in jumping was a really fun experience. With that help, you only have to press the A button twice… It might be kept for a place in campaign.

• The return of abilities such as the bubble shield (the Reach’s one that could be destroyed with the appropiated power), the gravity lift, the regenerator (from Halo 3) or the light grenade, but placed in the maps: this would be a cool addition and will replace the last mentioned abilities, with the exception of the propelled bag. It returns that old feel and let us explore the scenaries more.

• Old scenaries art style (without Sprint and abilities like clamber you don’t need massive open maps, you have vehicles, teleporters, gravity lifts and the propelled bag as I typed before to move faster, and your base movement speed is also faster). It would be good if we could have three types of maps: close, medium and open for BTB types. Some of them could be remakes (Waterworks, Lockout, Guardian, Coagulation, Midship, Ivory Tower, The Pit, Desolation…).

• Halo Reach customization system and playable elites.

• The return of the old radar with its standard range; I don’t remember if it was 25 meters more or less. Currently the Halo 5 fights and encounters are usually instant, not giving time to react or to counter the enemy.

• Reduce the aim assist like Halo 5 and remove the magnetism (it doesn’t make sense that if you aim out of the user’s head or body it counts as if it were a headshot or a normal shot, maybe just a little bit for connection problems).

• The ability to choose between BR/Magnum starts (in one playlist) and AR/SMG starts (in another playlist). This could be implemented by a vote system.

• The return of some vehicles, such as the Spectre, the Hornet, the brute vehicles, the Revenant, the Falcon and some new vehicles. But they need an acceptable health, not like Halo 2 Anniversary, but not as much as Halo 3 either. It can be balanced with some weak points, like the Halo 2 Classic Ghost’s motor. I also prefer the old mechanics of the vehicles, the controls were better for me, and the explosion when it was destroyed was more realistic in my opinion. In my opinion, we don’t need lots of variants of the same vehicle, we want different vehicles.

• The return of some forgotten old weapons, such as the brute weaponry (Halo 2 brute cannon, mauler, spiker…) and the blue plasma rifle/plasma repeater. Remember the sentinel beam.

• Having the Halo 2 Anniversary overshield, active camo and speed boost with its cool design that made it easy to determine which effect gave them.

• I prefer hitscan guns, because it prevents from lag issues, but with good dedicated servers bullet-based weapons might be a possibility (to not having two groups of weapons: the bullet-based ones, which are more difficult because those bullets are slow and the hitscan ones that shot instantly, which is unfair).

And the campaign list:

• A new ring (it is the symbol of the old games). This seems to be confirmed due to the trailer.

• A good story: I would like to see different points of view, like the Halo 2 Covenant point of view and the humans one, and two playable characters with a bit more of Master Chief maybe could be a possibility.

• Nice places and variety, with the ability to explore them. It would be good if they keep the skull system and maybe some terminals to explain the story better.

• Some non-linear levels.

• The return of the Flood: all rings have flood species in it. They could have been released from the forerunner hails.

• The return of Brutes: why were them removed? At least told us the reason that the Covenant used to kick them. If we want classic enemies, these are necessary.

That would be my perfect Halo.

> 2533274847627340;16:
> > 2592250499819446;15:
> > > 2535422386455449;4:
> > > > 2592250499819446;3:
> > > > > 2533274830166194;1:
> > > > > First off I would like to say this isn’t a wishlist thread.I just want to know what aspects would you take from other halo games to make a perfect halo infinite
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 2 aiming
> > > > > Halo 2/3/4 mp maps
> > > > > Halo reach customization
> > > > > Halo 4/reach campaign/tone
> > > > > Halo 2 music
> > > > > H2a enemy looks
> > > > > Halo 1 mystery
> > > >
> > > > None of the above, my perfect Halo Infinite would be an open world shooter with rpg elements. I want to customise everything when it comes to armour, guns and emblems, I want a campaign with extra missions and bounties that are changing on a regular basis, I want a fast paced game too, loads of adventure, things to discover etc,
> > > >
> > > > I doubt I’ll see that, but that would be my perfect Halo Infinite.
> > >
> > > … so Destiny. You want Destiny.
> >
> > No, I want an open world Halo, I made the mistake of getting Destiny 1, I didn’t get Destiny 2, if I wanted Destiny I would be playing that right now. The OP asked what would be our perfect Halo Infinite, mine would be what I wrote.
> >
> > I want a big open world / worlds Halo, we get these wonderful levels in Halo, but we never get to explore them, it’s always a linear progression. I think Halo needs to establish itself as a console seller once again, it needs a new direction imo.
>
> Open world games all feel exactly the same these days though. Go to this way point here , pick up random Item , return to point a or carry it to point c , kill enemies, or mini boss. rinse and repeat.
> Open world games are beginning to create fatigue among some of us and will among a larger base of players soon I imagine. Especially if they can’t come up with more creative game play mechanics.

Linear FPS games all feel the same these days though, go to this point here, kill enemies. Go to next level, kill enemies, watch cut scene etc. Many open world games are done well imo. Also the great thing about open world games is exploration and the freedom of choosing when, if or how to do a mission or quest. As I stated, I’m fed up playing games where you can look and not touch.

CD Projekt Red are making an open world FPS / RPG game, why can’t 343i ? Halo is not in a good place, it’s not the flagship console seller it used to be, it’s pretty much a generic shooter at this point. My perfect Halo Infinity would be an open world FPS game with RPG elements, we’re all different.

> 2535420025135189;17:
> - The return of Brutes: why were them removed? At least told us the reason that the Covenant used to kick them. If we want classic enemies, these are necessary.

The Covenant never kicked them out. It all makes sense if you look at it from a lore standpoint.
In the original Covenant, the Jiralhanae and the Sangheili hated each other. They competed to be top dog of the Covenant. For a long time, the Sangheili reigned supreme, but once Regret saw the Arbiter and his pals get uppity after the incident at Alpha Halo, the Sangheili were kicked out of the Covenant. This put the Brutes in command, as we see in Halo 3.
However, no ideology stays dead. Jul 'Mdama looked around and started a new Covenant: the one we see in Halo 4. As this was started by a Sangheili, and there were no San’Shyuum involved, why would they recruit their mortal enemies?
Of course, Jul’s Covenant wasn’t the only one. However, since the Sangheili were more taken in by the San’Shyuum’s lies than the Jiralhanae were, all new Covenant factions were formed by Sangheili.
The Brutes have returned, btw. It’s called Halo Wars 2.

Putting gameplay aside, story and canon wise i would definitely like to see:

• the H2A elite design for the SoS ( and if we see the storm faction, they should be the sub species from H4 and 5)
  • Proper reasoning as to why chiefs armour has changed (and if it is classic gameplay, where did the thrusters go?)
  • I prefer the bungie pelican design but the 343 one is actually meant to be a newer model. If they go back to the old design, I’d kinda be disappointed
  • The guardians and the current design of the Prometheans with the floaty bits (for consistency) mixed with the bungie designs on the installations from when the forerunners had little time for extravagant designs
  • kinda linked above but, not completely removing the halo 5 narrative like they did with 4 in the first mission of 5
  • linked above again, the end of HW2 also needs to tie in (obviously meant to anyway)
  • Infinity to have a purpose
  • a warthog run would be nice too :wink:

Other features I’d like would be:

• the return of spartan ops (or a post campaign story for some more single player)
  • REAL firefight. I also wouldn’t mind some features to be taken from H4 like the weapon drops (this mechanic being firefight ONLY)
  • make the Prometheans more fun to fight (especially the soldiers). I thought the way knights were done in H5 were great being mini bosses almost
  • crawlers shpuld be able to climb walls again
  • All on dedicated servers as well (something H5 did right)

This is all i can think of at the moment. Any more i come up with i will quote this comment and add my thoughts