What will the Arbiter's role be?

I see a lot of posts talking about what Master Chief and Locke will be doing in Halo 5 but what about the Arbiter?
Why did he decide to work alongside Agent Locke? It wasn’t because he wanted to help Master Chief, “I was not told the identity of your prey,” so what was it? What does he gain? What do you think he will do to help or hurt Master Chief or Agent Locke?

And will he be playable? I think so. It would be a real slap in the face if he wasn’t, because he always has before (even if only in co-op). I don’t think he’ll merely be a co-op character though, because we see him and Locke both with their individual teams of Elites and Spartans indicating (to me) separate missions for both.

Well, there are plenty of reasons why Arby would rather John was back as humanity’s representative:

• John is a legendary warrior, something highly valued in Elite culture- John was fundamentally important to the defeat of the Covenant and the current political freedom of the Elites- John personally worked with Arby on multiple missions and would likely be amicable to him- Elites see leadership as being innately tied to fighting prowess, making John a de facto human leader- John is straightforward and can stand up to ONI’s presence and politicking, if not outright eliminate them
    All in all, the Human-Sangheili alliance Thel has staked his position on would run a lot more smoothly if Chief was there to act as his human counterpart.

Edit: didn’t read your post thoroughly enough. Why would he go with Locke in the first place? Well, military joint ventures are common amongst allies, and also a way to make sure the other guys can’t keep you in the dark. As we don’t know exactly where they’re going or why, we can’t be any more specific.

His role will be to arbitrate between Chief and Locke (the two opposing forces). He is an Arbiter after all.

> 2535421496998089;3:
> His role will be to arbitrate between Chief and Locke (the two opposing forces). He is an Arbiter after all.

You may be right…