What will replace elites in Multiplayer?

I saw a post on these forums made by a Monitor on a thread about “invasion in halo 4” who said something along the lines of how "spartan fighting spartan would just look wrong, they will be replaced by something else, and we’ll ‘scratch that itch’.

(the ‘scratch that itch’ part was actually quoted like so by the monitor)

I was just wondering if the ‘Scratch that it’ part was quoted from a halo bulletin or a post bs angel or something like that. And, if elites are being replaced, what will they be replaced by? I was thinking something along the lines of some Promethean creature we haven’t seen yet, because a knight just seems like it would be way more powerful.

So do you think that I just made a crap post that is useless, or do you think that the elites will be replaced?

I’m guessing something to do with Spartan Ops, likely The Arbiter and his followers.

Nothing. Halo 4 multiplayer will focus on your Spartan IV’s career.

Spartans, Spartans, and MORE SPARTANS!!!

who knows… i wish we could have an elite to costomize as much as we can costomize out spartans

It’s just the spartans in this one.

I don’t think we’ll be playing as anything else in mp.

I do believe I heard that there was a new playable class, I wonder…

Halo 4 is focused on your Spartan IV. It has been said in almost all of the multiplayer trailers.

I put my money on the promethean counterpart of spartan. this was already discussed in a previous thread. sorry to say.

In both Halo CE and Halo 2, you could only use a Spartan for the multiplayer. Considering both those games where fun and did fine without a second race to choose from, I don’t really mind them returning to that, if they choose not to have a second race.

Grunts. Lots of grunts.

> In both Halo CE and Halo 2, you could only use a Spartan for the multiplayer. Considering both those games where fun and did fine without a second race to choose from, I don’t really mind them returning to that, if they choose not to have a second race.

Halo 2 let you play as an elite. I did it all the time.

> In both Halo CE and <mark>Halo 2, you could only use a Spartan for the multiplayer.</mark> Considering both those games where fun and did fine without a second race to choose from, I don’t really mind them returning to that, if they choose not to have a second race.

what halo 2 did you play? halo 2 had elites as a playable class.

I’m guessing it has something to do with this ‘new gametype’ that Longbow was specifically designed for. It could be very similar to Invasion but not with two different species playing against one another.

Promethean vs spartan.

Its starting to seem that forerunners will be the next elites but that’s my opinion

> Its starting to seem that forerunners will be the next elites but that’s my opinion

They won’t be. Halo 4’s multiplayer will focus solely on Spartan IVs.

I didn’t like invasion at all.

Invasion was like Rush from battlefield with a halo twist I hope it comes back.