What will Infinite do about betraying?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I know a lot of people have been vocal about having a problem with the betrayal/ban system in H5. And I agree that the current system isn’t perfect; 3 betrayals to get booted. I’m just curious if the devs have said anything about their approach to handling betraying in Infinite, or if you guys would change anything drastically. Personally I would maybe make it 4 or 5 betrayals to get booted, or punish people who too frequently boot their teammates. Being able to strategically betray is a core mechanic and it’s kinda of a bummer that it’s limited to 3. When a teammate is misusing/playing poorly with a power weapon, or just needs a wakeup call, sometimes a betrayal is exactly the thing your team needs. It can be very beneficial when used correctly and I’d hate to see the devs punish us because some loud members of the fanbase have been bitten by some overzealous teammates. Any thoughts?

Make betraying more lenient? Yeah, no thanks. While it’d be nice for when accidents happen, it’d be abused way too easily - and people justifying it with “But I can use the Sniper better than he can” that’s a good part of why I hope they won’t make it more lenient.

I agree especially in ranked. If you figure a 12 minute game has 4 snipers spawn, I can foreseeably need to betray my teammate 4 times to take it from him in order to ensure a win. It makes no sense to limit it at 3. I shouldn’t be punished for making several judgment calls during a high stakes game.

It should be first ones free and then anymore gives the victim the option to boot. By first one I mean first teammate killed, and not being allowed to kill every single teammate once.

It also should not give the option to boot for team killing a player that has team killed you. Halo 5 does this and it’s an easy way to get the option to boot multiple people from your team, so allow the victim to get even if they so choose, because not allowing it leads to a worse outcome.

Keep it the way it is. No way you make the system more lenient.

I think it’s fine, I don’t really see too many people trying to betray anyway. Maybe a little more on MCC. Playing H5 for the most part it’s bad timing of Spartans on foot and on vehicles. Although I accidentally splattered a teammate trying to run over enemies in the ghost to have them purposely follow me around until they could betray me instead of just playing Warzone.

Honestly I kind of expect there to be no friendly fire outside of ranked.

Mainly because they are doing away with RvB. As the many games out there that don’t have color coded characters for teams, also don’t have friendly fire by default.

Best way to avoid betrayals is to be a damn good driver like me. I am completely dedicated to, at times, being a full time warthog driver if the game allows me to do so. I have almost never been booted for betrayals. (Other than in Grif-Ball) :cowboy_hat_face:

This must be trolling…

> 2533274850811066;1:
> I know a lot of people have been vocal about having a problem with the betrayal/ban system in H5. And I agree that the current system isn’t perfect; 3 betrayals to get booted. I’m just curious if the devs have said anything about their approach to handling betraying in Infinite, or if you guys would change anything drastically. Personally I would maybe make it 4 or 5 betrayals to get booted, or punish people who too frequently boot their teammates. Being able to strategically betray is a core mechanic and it’s kinda of a bummer that it’s limited to 3. When a teammate is misusing/playing poorly with a power weapon, or just needs a wakeup call, sometimes a betrayal is exactly the thing your team needs. It can be very beneficial when used correctly and I’d hate to see the devs punish us because some loud members of the fanbase have been bitten by some overzealous teammates. Any thoughts?

Yeah I don’t think so.

H3 Is supposed to allow you to boot someone after 3 betrayals. I remember it being like that on 360. Anytime I have run into betrayer and have been betrayed 3+ times, I’m never given the option to boot anymore. Does this happen to anyone else? I run into betrayers a lot and I can never boot them. It has been a long time since I was able to boot someone on h3 mcc.

Strategic betraying as a core mechanic, thats a good laugh lol. The current system is fine in my opinion, also because the betrayed has a choice of booting you. Of course taking into account they are not going for Halo CE vehicle interaction for Inifnite ^_^.

Concerning friendly fire i do hope that this will only be inactive in Fiesta/BTB 2.0 and not other arena modes. When playing strongholds, KOTH or other objectives it’s just not right to be able to nuke an area with teammates and them not taking damage.

Power weapon betraying is quite the curse in Halo however for clip hunters and elitists but i’m afraid that will never change.

> 2535424229992654;10:
> This must be trolling…

Or someone speaking with their ego. *“I’m better with the sniper, so I’m going to kill anyone that takes it since I know I’m better! Me killing you so I can have it the whole game will be what decides this match!!”*I’d say “play with a full team then” for their Winning is Everything thing, but with an attitude like this I get the feeling most folks wouldn’t want them for a team mate to begin with.

> 2535422212492174;13:
> Strategic betraying as a core mechanic, thats a good laugh lol. The current system is fine in my opinion, also because the betrayed has a choice of booting you. Of course taking into account they are not going for Halo CE vehicle interaction for Inifnite ^_^.
>
> Concerning friendly fire i do hope that this will only be inactive in Fiesta/BTB 2.0 and not other arena modes. When playing strongholds, KOTH or other objectives it’s just not right to be able to nuke an area with teammates and them not taking damage.
>
> Power weapon betraying is quite the curse in Halo however for clip hunters and elitists but i’m afraid that will never change.

Oh good lord Halo CE vehicles xD I have such bad luck with vehicles in any Halo game, so I never ever get into anything but the turret/passenger in CE. For my own safety as well as for everyone on my team.

> 2533274850811066;1:
> I know a lot of people have been vocal about having a problem with the betrayal/ban system in H5. And I agree that the current system isn’t perfect; 3 betrayals to get booted. I’m just curious if the devs have said anything about their approach to handling betraying in Infinite, or if you guys would change anything drastically. Personally I would maybe make it 4 or 5 betrayals to get booted, or punish people who too frequently boot their teammates. Being able to strategically betray is a core mechanic and it’s kinda of a bummer that it’s limited to 3. When a teammate is misusing/playing poorly with a power weapon, or just needs a wakeup call, sometimes a betrayal is exactly the thing your team needs. It can be very beneficial when used correctly and I’d hate to see the devs punish us because some loud members of the fanbase have been bitten by some overzealous teammates. Any thoughts?

If you truly believe the statement in your post I bolded, you’re a toxic Halo player. You need to reevaluate your outlook on Halo and sportsmanship in a major way. Or you need to go find another game to be an a-hole in.

I don’t care what your opinion is on the team mate currently using the power weapon or vehicle you want at the time. There is simply never an excuse to purposefully betray a team mate unless they’re actively betraying your team with the intent to be a troll.

If you want the sniper or rocket so bad, and the team mate is bad enough that you want to betray them just wait 15 seconds until an enemy kills them and take it off their body.

> 2533274850811066;1:
> Being able to strategically betray is a core mechanic and it’s kinda of a bummer that it’s limited to 3. When a teammate is misusing/playing poorly with a power weapon, or just needs a wakeup call, sometimes a betrayal is exactly the thing your team needs. It can be very beneficial when used correctly

This gave me a good laugh, thank you making my day better XD

I don’t believe what I’m reading, this must be a joke ! There is no excuse to betray a teammate, you free to judge your teammates skills and think you’r better, your don’t betray them.

I see a lot of betray for power weapons, vehicles and flag, this is a real problem and I always be shocked to see there is so little penalty. I have many idea very simple for reduce the betray problem :

• Score -1
  • Longer reappearance time at each betray : +5 second, +10 second, +15 second …
  • Remove friendly fire for the vehicles to avoid crash (I see a lot of accidental crash with ghost)
  • Remove friendly fire for melee attack (it can’t be an accident)
  • Remove friendly fire when a teamate make an assassination

> 2533274850811066;1:

“Being able to ‘strategically’ betray is a core mechanic”

…What? What did I just read?

Do you actually GATEKEEP weapons from your teammates? Bruh.

Bruhhhhhhhh

The halo trifecta nades, melee, guns, and betrayals??

No. Needs to be stricter. Two Team Kills and a Boot option comes up. Just like MCC. If you know it was a mistake, vote no. If you know it was on purpose, vote yes to boot them.

> 2533274832895479;3:
> I agree especially in ranked. If you figure a 12 minute game has 4 snipers spawn, I can foreseeably need to betray my teammate 4 times to take it from him in order to ensure a win. It makes no sense to limit it at 3. I shouldn’t be punished for making several judgment calls during a high stakes game.

Yea…you should get booted for that.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274850811066;1:
>

Bro you have a 1.1kd, You aren’t good enough to have an ego enough to betray for SR’s or other power weaps lmao