What Will Happen to Red Team After Halo Wars 2?

Since we have no idea how the story is going to go with Halo Wars 2 as trailers have only since recently been announced, let’s take this time to just speculate and come up with theories for some of the characters. We will be focusing on Spartan Red Team primarily.

Do you think Spartans of Red Team will have survivors after the fight on the Ark? Do you think they will make it to the Spartan GEN 2 Program, assuming they make it back to the rest of the Human controlled colonies?

Im hoping they are reunited with UNSC. Would be interesting to see Blue and Red team meet up and form purple team.

My guess is they’ll meet up with the other heroes to fight the Created.

> 2533274864304862;1:
> Since we have no idea how the story is going to go with Halo Wars 2 as trailers have only since recently been announced, let’s take this time to just speculate and come up with theories for some of the characters. We will be focusing on Spartan Red Team primarily.
>
> Do you think Spartans of Red Team will have 1.survivors after the fight on the Ark? Do you think they will make it to the 2.Spartan GEN 2 Program, assuming they make it back to the rest of the 3.Human controlled colonies?

1. Spartans will sacrifice themselves to save others. I predict at all or none survive. It’s usually how these things go anymore.
  2. Red team are Spartan 2’s
  3. Controlled colonies, that’s a joke there. Humanity can;t control itself now. To see that humanity has control enough in a future based game to make it to the stars and beyond amuses me.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Im hoping they are reunited with UNSC. Would be interesting to see Blue and Red team meet up and form purple team.

That’d be nice.

> 2533274820334450;4:
> > 2533274864304862;1:
> > Since we have no idea how the story is going to go with Halo Wars 2 as trailers have only since recently been announced, let’s take this time to just speculate and come up with theories for some of the characters. We will be focusing on Spartan Red Team primarily.
> >
> > Do you think Spartans of Red Team will have 1.survivors after the fight on the Ark? Do you think they will make it to the 2.Spartan GEN 2 Program, assuming they make it back to the rest of the 3.Human controlled colonies?
>
>
> 1. Spartans will sacrifice themselves to save others. I predict at all or none survive. It’s usually how these things go anymore.
> 2. Red team are Spartan 2’s
> 3. Controlled colonies, that’s a joke there. Humanity can;t control itself now. To see that humanity has control enough in a future based game to make it to the stars and beyond amuses me.

I doubt they’ll kill off red team.

Eh… I see two of them dying, and one barely walking out of the conflict at the end.

Honestly, there is too much of this SPARTAN-centric,inconsequential-action attitude that 343i has seemingly taken towards them. If you want to cement the threat of another powerful polity that has seen the absolute minimal indication of existence in previously established lore, while keeping them away from the Covenant’s own depictions as the Banished represent a different, conflicted sect of galactic civilization - 343i must establish the threat or strength posed by them… and what better way of doing so then having the players experience a series of emotional and grim events that result in the deaths of humanity’s shield and sword? SPARTANs aren’t immortal by any means, and so their essence, should be questioned when up against the likes of a supposedly superior foe like Atriox. I mean, of course there’s narrative value in this, the journey ultimately plays just as an important of a role as the destination here.

But I definitely see all but one person, probably Douglas in a weird twist of fate, not walking out of this. Which honestly do wonders for character development and pave the way for dramatic elements that will effect the remaining SPARTAN-IIs on an emotional level.

Hell, the original Halo Wars did a fantastic job showing the importance that people like John Forge, Captain Cutter and Doctor Anders play in everything without ever stepping into the cliche realm of seemingly superhuman Mary Sues (like SPARTANs) vs terribly-designed, mustache-twirling antagonists (Looking at you Halo 5) in a journey with no meaningful outcome. The stakes were established, and ultimately, through perseverance and sacrifice, the protagonists of the story would resolve their primary conflict - while allowing for the entrance of another story.

i think they are going to fight cortana

Knowing 343 they’ll probably kill them off in halo wars 2

An interesting and unexplored facet of the fiction is that, while Spartan IIIs were folded into the Spartan branch, the Spartan IIs were not. The Spartan branch of the UNSC military is as apart from the others as any of the others is, in that they do not have navy or army ranks. This is why we hear the terms “Spartan Locke,” “Spartan Palmer,” and so on – “spartan” is their rank within the Spartan branch, which is too young and fresh to have established a hierarchy. Meanwhile, the S2s all remain a part of the navy; by default, all S2s are non-commissioned petty officers, while John-117 holds the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer and Fred-104 holds the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade (which holds higher authority than MCPO does, which Fred occasionally jokes about).

So, of the many possible ways Halo Wars 2 could play out, “Red Team becomes part of the Spartan branch” is not likely one of them.

I’m really hoping that they survive Halo Wars 2 and play a part in Halo 6. I’d love to see them fight alongside the Arbiter, Fireteam Osiris, and Blue Team (though I doubt this would happen).

Since in the beta you could only have Jerome on the battlefield, maybe Alice and Douglas will end up dying in the campaign. (It could also be that way for gameplay purposes though). As for post-Halo Wars 2, I believe the Spirit of Fire will meet up with the UNSC. With Cortana having control of modern UNSC equipment, the Spirit of Fire’s equipment would be used because Cortana wouldn’t know it even exists.

I’m hoping HW2 will flesh out the Spartans quite a bit. With

Sgt Forgedead there’s scope for their inclusion. After that we’ll be able to relate more with Red Team should they rejoin John and Co.

> 2533274814645771;12:
> Since in the beta you could only have Jerome on the battlefield, maybe Alice and Douglas will end up dying in the campaign. (It could also be that way for gameplay purposes though). As for post-Halo Wars 2, I believe the Spirit of Fire will meet up with the UNSC. With Cortana having control of modern UNSC equipment, the Spirit of Fire’s equipment would be used because Cortana wouldn’t know it even exists.

You raise a very great point with the Spirit of Fire. That’s probably the best speculation I’ve saw yet for that regarding Cortana’s uprising with the Created.