what will happen to H5 if warzone firefight flops?

Will the game die out in a couple of months? Or is everything gonna be just fine? Warzone Firefight is the last major update for Halo 5 and if that fails to deliver then I will abandon this game for good. Halo 5 has too many disappointments for me to enjoy (Forge is honestly the only thing that got better) and the population is already below 30,000 which just shows how 343 managed to scare everybody off again with an ultra-sweaty MLG focused Halo that puts a death sentence on anyone that even dares to have fun. Warzone Firefight might be the last thing that will prevent this game from being dead within a year.

EDIT: I was being a little nonconstructive with my original post. What I am trying to tell is that Halo 5 sorely lacks a good casual mode which you can dump hours of gameplay into. Grifball and Infection are fun for a couple of matches but for anyone who looking for something different will be disappointed. If Warzone FF is a success than I can see a lot of players hopping on to Halo 5 JUST for that mode. One mode is all it takes. Currently there is a lot of critique towards Arena for being too competitive and Warzone for being too unbalanced. If Warzone Firefight doesn’t succeed in keeping the community’s interest in Halo 5 then I am afraid we’re stuck with modes that are just a mixed-bag for a lot of people.

If you don’t like Halo 5 at this point then firefight isn’t going to change your mind. Halo 5 is a great game, but it’s ok if not everyone likes it. I think it will have a healthy population for a while.

It’s not the last update, it’s just the last known update. They’ll continue to update the game for a while.

As for the future of Firefight itself?
If WZ:FF fails they’re most likely use it as an excuse to not implement a proper Firefight for Halo 6, completely neglecting the major differences between the two.

I have not come to see i343 as a company that continues on its ideas and perfects and / or develop them further.
SpOps got the garbage heap treatement
The story seems to have gotten the same thing
Who knows what’ll happen to Warzone?

If beta was an accurate representation of what to expect, then it already flopped. Was entirely too trivial.

Good thing the base multiplayer is still fun.

I’m gonna go there… I’m an old fart that got Halo at CE launch. (And every Halo game thereafter)

Firefight beta was pretty sweet to me. I liked it alot.

And as I’ve said multiple times before on these forums, Halo 5 looks like Halo, feels like Halo, and I don’t see the problem with it evolving with the times.

I have a disposable income and buy in essence every game that comes out (hate all you want), and I still play Halo 5 more than any other game I have. So, regardless if Warzone Firefight “flops”, my friends and I will still have plenty fun with it, and you can go and play whatever -Yoink- you think is better and it will be no skin off my -Yoink-

I have serious worries about longevity of the game.

To me its extremely fun, buttery smooth and satisfying to play. But last night i was sitting there trying to match in Slayer for 30mins on balanced, and had no choice but to go expanded and match with Americans (I am in Australia) which means I deal with Latency constantly. Socially I can deal but competitively its frustrating. This was at 7:30pm Which should be a peak time for Aussie players. and I literally could never find games in FFA until the search options update came.

In the lead up to H5 I played alot of H4 and a little H3 because I still only had a 360. It baffles my mind I could still find games in H3 after all these years, but struggle to find games in almost every playlist in a game less than a year old which is meant to be the flagship of the Xbox…

I love this game, my fav after h3. I want to play it, but waiting 10-30mins to find a games unless at peak times is starting to get mega old. I am hanging for the Firefight update to come, not for firefight but so there is a population spike so I can play this game…

> 2533274821761464;5:
> I’m gonna go there… I’m an old fart that got Halo at CE launch. (And every Halo game thereafter)
>
> Firefight beta was pretty sweet to me. I liked it alot.
>
> And as I’ve said multiple times before on these forums, Halo 5 looks like Halo, feels like Halo, and I don’t see the problem with it evolving with the times.
>
> I have a disposable income and buy in essence every game that comes out (hate all you want), and I still play Halo 5 more than any other game I have. So, regardless if Warzone Firefight “flops”, my friends and I will still have plenty fun with it, and you can go and play whatever -Yoink- you think is better and it will be no skin off my -Yoink-

I too have enjoyed Halo 5, and have played every other Halo. The only two I’ve had a problem with is Halo 4 (Much like MANY others), and MCC. I didn’t like Halo 4 for… Well anything in it. As for the MCC it’s because I can’t play multiplayer. Which disappoints me because I wanted to play some good ol’ classic Halo 2 multiplayer. I have no complaints with Halo 5 (Yes hate me all you want and tear me apart with your forced opinions. No offense to those who might actually have a good opinion and won’t try to force it down my throat.) I enjoy arena, campaign, forge, custom games, and warzone. My opinion: Halo 5 will have a fine time, and will have an average life expectancy.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> If beta was an accurate representation of what to expect, then it already flopped. Was entirely too trivial.
>
> Good thing the base multiplayer is still fun.

I didn’t get to try the Beta. My Xbox was in for repair. Had bad luck with it, been in 2-3 times this year, missed the Division Beta also. So is it worth trying?

Some people will criticize constructively and debate maturely. Others will complain about how much everything sucks and not provide a single reason why. There will be a 35 page long thread about the whole thing, with other mimic threads all around.

It won’t flop, Warzone Firefight will be amazing, I’ve got dozens of tanks and mantises ready to go

If Firefight flops, then Halo 5 will retain its current player base. If it succeeds, I know at least a few people will come back more frequently. I wouldn’t say they will play Halo 5 daily, but definitely more than they already do.

> 2533274819667356;8:
> > 2661949065475413;4:
> > If beta was an accurate representation of what to expect, then it already flopped. Was entirely too trivial.
> >
> > Good thing the base multiplayer is still fun.
>
>
> I didn’t get to try the Beta. My Xbox was in for repair. Had bad luck with it, been in 2-3 times this year, missed the Division Beta also. So is it worth trying?

Basically it was firefight, but wasn’t if that makes sense.

They removed the spawn limit, so it essentially became a game of spawn your biggest reqs and throw your bodies at the enemy until they die. Firefight to me should be about survival, not zerging.

Sometimes the next wave would spawn on the complete opposite side of the map, so you waste half of the time limit just travelling.

Thirdly, and hopefully this gets fixed in the ai update, but the ai weren’t aggressive at all. They wouldn’t chase you, and if you shot them from a distance, they just stood there like a deer in headlights.

> 2661949065475413;12:
> > 2533274819667356;8:
> > > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > If beta was an accurate representation of what to expect, then it already flopped. Was entirely too trivial.
> > >
> > > Good thing the base multiplayer is still fun.
> >
> >
> > I didn’t get to try the Beta. My Xbox was in for repair. Had bad luck with it, been in 2-3 times this year, missed the Division Beta also. So is it worth trying?
>
>
> Basically it was firefight, but wasn’t if that makes sense.
>
> They removed the spawn limit, so it essentially became a game of spawn your biggest reqs and throw your bodies at the enemy until they die. Firefight to me should be about survival, not zerging.
>
> Sometimes the next wave would spawn on the complete opposite side of the map, so you waste half of the time limit just travelling.
>
> Thirdly, and hopefully this gets fixed in the ai update, but the ai weren’t aggressive at all. They wouldn’t chase you, and if you shot them from a distance, they just stood there like a deer in headlights.

So like Warzone Turbo, just w/o opposing team and a bunch of shotty Ai.

Nothing Really a game such as Halo doesn’t die out as easily as other games and that goes for a lot of big games out there, battlefield, cod, etc

Nothing. I think it’s one of those self-fulfilling prophecies. It’s already too little too late. Like Campaign Scoring, the majority of the people who those functions would have kept around, have already left for other titles. I agree with Naqser on this, it will have numbers that are below 343’s expectations, and they will use it as a metric to justify not including it into the next title at launch.

The beta did flop, kind of, but it was only one map with only a few objectives. The full version will have seven maps and more objective variety. Hopefully, that’ll be enough.

Yes the beta was terrible in my eyes… And i think the main FF will be a flop as well. The reason the beta sucked because they made it mindless troop spawns. That is not very fun in my eyes unless we get a bunch of new maps it will be boring. Im tired of running on the same 3 maps.

Should of allowed warzone maps to be available in forge so every week the community could choose a 4th map even. Every couple weeks the map would change. This would bring some variety this game needs. Anyways unless they continue to update the game a decent amount afterwards pop will start to die.

The real question is whether or not the servers can handle another REQ dump.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> Will the game die out in a couple of months? Or is everything gonna be just fine? Warzone Firefight is the last major update for Halo 5 and if that fails to deliver then I will abandon this game for good. Halo 5 has too many disappointments for me to enjoy (Forge is honestly the only thing that got better) and the population is already below 30,000 which just shows how 343 managed to scare everybody off again with an ultra-sweaty MLG focused Halo that puts a death sentence on anyone that even dares to have fun. Warzone Firefight might be the last thing that will prevent this game from being dead within a year.
>
> EDIT: I was being a little nonconstructive with my original post. What I am trying to tell is that Halo 5 sorely lacks a good casual mode which you can dump hours of gameplay into. Grifball and Infection are fun for a couple of matches but for anyone who looking for something different will be disappointed. If Warzone FF is a success than I can see a lot of players hopping on to Halo 5 JUST for that mode. One mode is all it takes. Currently there is a lot of critique towards Arena for being too competitive and Warzone for being too unbalanced. If Warzone Firefight doesn’t succeed in keeping the community’s interest in Halo 5 then I am afraid we’re stuck with modes that are just a mixed-bag for a lot of people.

Where did you get that population stat?