What We've Learned, IMO

This is what I think based on the available data…

Spartan Points - Sound like Credits to me which is fine as long as it’s just for purchasing stuff like armor permutations. I’d prefer they don’t effect your rank but if it does I won’t cry about it.

Spartan Ops - Sounds interesting actually. Small story based missions which go on behind the scenes of the main plot the Master Chief is busy with could really add to the universe as a whole. I hope it’s much more team based, similar to Mass Effects Multiplayer but with a Halo twist. I hope to hear more about this.

Why Reds Fight Blues - Pretty obvious it was just for training. It’s kinda neat to hear how the simulations work on the Infinity though.

Sprint - Standard feature which everybody has by default. Works for me.

Forerunner Vision - Basically it’s X-Ray vision but it sounds kinda neat. People are crying afoul but do we know how this works in detail? No. I highly doubt it’s the kind of thing that let’s you see the location of every single person on the battlefield. It probably limits your view so you can maybe only see into the next room or something along those lines. Either way we know it’s going to have limitations of some kind to help balance it out. I’m not going to cry about it.

Returning Armor Abilities - Hologram, doesn’t really bother me because I didn’t come across enough people who used it to care. I didn’t often get tricked by it either but when I did it wasn’t that big of a deal. A quick burst of gunfire is enough to figure out it’s fake as well as how it looks on the motion tracker.

Jetpack was always fun and one of my favorite things about Reach. It was a good tool for getting around the map but it was also loud, giving away your position and you were really slow which made you vulnerable. I welcome it in Halo 4.

Active Camo has been in every Halo so it’s not new. It could be semi-annoying in Reach but it did make you keep an eye out and be aware of your surroundings. You do know they can only stay that way for a few seconds so as long as you made sure they didn’t sneak up behind you, you could be ready for them.

Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer - Kind of a bummer but they could still be used for something else. Another version of Invasion perhaps? Maybe they will be in that Spartan Ops thing? Either way they’re in the game in some capacity and we should wait and see what that capacity is before we cry ourselves to sleep.

Regicide - Sounds interesting. I’ll give it a try and see what it’s like. If I don’t like it I won’t play it.

No More Weapon Camping - AWESOME! I can’t stand people who spend the entire match tea-bagging the Sniper spot while they wait for it. It will also be cool to hear jets fly over and drop them while you’re fighting and when they land there should be some interesting encounters as you fight for the new weapons. Could make for some intense gameplay.

No More Respawn Delay - Sounds good to me. I’m sure they’ll counteract that with where they place the spawns. I doubt you’ll appear right behind the guy that just killed you or something dumb like that. I would think it would spawn you instantly but far away from where you were last killed so it at least takes time for you to get back to that area. We don’t know for sure so I’m not going to cry about it.

Joining In-Progress Games - Interesting idea but I hope it’s a separate list. One list to search for players to start a new match and another which finds you a game in progress. How does it count the kills though? Do you get the kills of the last guy who left or does it erase it back to zero? Or does it still count the kills he had when he left and you just have to continue from there? That’s probably the most likely option IMO but we don’t know for sure yet so I’ll wait to hear more.

In conclusion we really don’t have all the details so we should continue to wait and see. A lot of these ideas sound intriguing to me and I look forward to finding out more. I also look forward to seeing more gameplay in which they use these features. I’m just sick of all these “Hardcore” Halo Fans complaining about everything. You couldn’t have been too much of a loyal fan if a few words in a magazine make you jump ship so soon before the game’s release. Wait until you see these things in action. Wait until you’ve played them for yourself.

Stop crying like spoiled brats who didn’t get their way and actually play the game before you judge it. Please.

Stop crying? Stop being naive.

I won’t bother going into detail, but plenty of Halo fans have a right to be pissed. Some of this stuff, no matter how well executed will not bode well. Especially two things, no more static weapon spawns? Are you kidding me?

I’m gonna love it when I lose a TS match because the other -Yoinking!- guy happened to run by one of the designated locations for a weapon drop by coincidence and was gifted a rocket launcher.

Instant spawn? Are you kidding me? What happened to having a penalty for dying, stop making stupid mistakes and learn how to play mentality? All that does is promote a reckless ADD attitude toward playing where there is no inherent value in getting a kill and no setback for dying. Why don’t they just put the cherry on the pie and say you should not hit x to spawn immediately because you’ll miss the kill cam.

Plenty of old school Halo fans have had enough of this -Yoink-, we gave H3 a chance when it came out, we gave Reach a chance when it came out, how many times does that have to happen?

If you’re excited, fine go ahead, that’s great. I really hope you enjoy the game, but you can’t exactly tell other people to be okay with it. I’m sure Reach kids will love this game, because this new “style” is going to define Halo for them, as the classic style did for us. But it sure as hell devalues the meaning of Halo, the games as of now are far too varied to be defined by the title alone.

In any case, no matter how mad anyone is, I personally am reserving final judgment for when I hear/see more. I want to see how they justify this before I get my jimmies all ruffled.

> I’m gonna love it when I lose a TS match because the other -Yoinking!- guy happened to run by one of the designated locations for a weapon drop by coincidence and was gifted a rocket launcher.

If you suck bad enough that a lucky noob who got a Rocket Launcher can single handedly take out your entire team and win the match at the last minute then that’s all on you.

> Instant spawn? Are you kidding me? What happened to having a penalty for dying, stop making stupid mistakes and learn how to play mentality? All that does is promote a reckless ADD attitude toward playing where there is no inherent value in getting a kill and no setback for dying. Why don’t they just put the cherry on the pie and say you should not hit x to spawn immediately because you’ll miss the kill cam.

Not all deaths are because of mistakes. Do you enjoy waiting ten seconds to respawn because you were killed by a team mate who wanted your gun? Besides the ultimate penalty is the low K/D spread and point given to the team for the kill. You try not to get killed because you want to win. And what if there is a momentary kill cam pause before you’re allowed to hit X? You don’t know, you haven’t played it yet.

> Plenty of old school Halo fans have had enough of this Yoink!, we gave H3 a chance when it came out, we gave Reach a chance when it came out, how many times does that have to happen?

Yeah I’ve been playing Halo since the very beginning and consider myself a fan. Your basic answer here is “I want Halo 2” but you’re not getting it. Halo 2 was different from Halo 1. Halo 3 was different from Halo 2. Halo Reach is different from Halo 3 and so on. No game will ever be the same so expecting or demanding it be like one or the other is childish and a waste of time. Every Halo fan has their own idea of what the best Halo is and you can’t please them all.

I don’t want a Halo 2 clone. I don’t want a Halo 3 clone. I want Halo 4 and I’m going to actually play the game before I decide to hate it or love it.

> If you’re excited, fine go ahead, that’s great. I really hope you enjoy the game, but you can’t exactly tell other people to be okay with it. I’m sure Reach kids will love this game, because this new “style” is going to define Halo for them, as the classic style did for us. But it sure as hell devalues the meaning of Halo, the games as of now are far too varied to be defined by the title alone.
>
> In any case, no matter how mad anyone is, I personally am reserving final judgment for when I hear/see more. I want to see how they justify this before I get my jimmies all ruffled.

I will enjoy it just as I have enjoyed all the others. No one game is identical because each game has it’s own unique identity while still feeling like Halo. Apparently Halo 2 was your favorite but you would be naive to think they were going to give you a Halo 2 clone.