What were you first impressions on halo?

When you first played Halo, what were your first impressions?

I don’t remember to be honest I think I was more impressed by Gears of Wars graphics even though they don’t hold up to Halo 3’s graphics (Halo 3 being the first Halo I played). I know there were probably better graphics then Gears of War but at that time I was new to xbox. I remember going the right way on sierra 117and turning around to explore and found nothing but other then that I don’t remember much.

The music is awesome! Sergeant Johnson is so cool. Wow, Cortana is so pretty! Woah, look at the sky! You can see the whole Halo ring!

The Flood scared the crap outta me. I love Halo. I first played Halo in 2004 when I was 4 years old on Halo: Combat Evolved. It changed my life

I was… blinded by it’s majesty.

But really It was just unlike anything I’d ever played before. The only FPS I really played a bunch prior was Goldeneye for the N64 and a very little bit of Doom. Halo really changed the way I felt about the genre.

> 2533274882898126;3:
> The music is awesome! Sergeant Johnson is so cool. Wow, Cortana is so pretty! Woah, look at the sky! You can see the whole Halo ring!
>
> The Flood scared the crap outta me. I love Halo. I first played Halo in 2004 when I was 4 years old on Halo: Combat Evolved. It changed my life

That and…

Shooting all these aliens is so fun! I like the aliens too. This cave isn’t a natural formation? No way. Marine Corps?! OORAH! Master Chief, baby! I love Halo!

Good times.

> 2535411936618971;5:
> > 2533274882898126;3:
> > The music is awesome! Sergeant Johnson is so cool. Wow, Cortana is so pretty! Woah, look at the sky! You can see the whole Halo ring!
> >
> > The Flood scared the crap outta me. I love Halo. I first played Halo in 2004 when I was 4 years old on Halo: Combat Evolved. It changed my life
>
> That and…
>
> Shooting all these aliens is so fun! I like the aliens too. This cave isn’t a natural formation? No way. Marine Corps?! OORAH! Master Chief, baby! I love Halo!
> Good times.

It was especially cool for me being so young starting Halo because my dad joined the Marine Corps shortly after I was born. The Marines kinda felt like family

The very first time I saw Halo, was when my uncle was playing CE on his old computer. I watched him run around the Pillar of Autumn shooting Grunts and Elites. He had no idea where he was going!

It would be years later that I found out he was playing CE when I first experienced CE on MCC. I had always wanted to know what the game was he was playing. By this point I was already a die hard fan and that realisation was a real treat.

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2535411936618971;5:
> > > 2533274882898126;3:
> > > The music is awesome! Sergeant Johnson is so cool. Wow, Cortana is so pretty! Woah, look at the sky! You can see the whole Halo ring!
> > >
> > > The Flood scared the crap outta me. I love Halo. I first played Halo in 2004 when I was 4 years old on Halo: Combat Evolved. It changed my life
> >
> > That and…
> >
> > Shooting all these aliens is so fun! I like the aliens too. This cave isn’t a natural formation? No way. Marine Corps?! OORAH! Master Chief, baby! I love Halo!
> > Good times.
>
> It was especially cool for me being so young starting Halo because my dad joined the Marine Corps shortly after I was born. The Marines kinda felt like family

Same here, I’m a would-have-been Marine. So Halo has been that much more special. After Legendary I was like “now I’m gonna get 'em to the end alive.” Lol

Amazing couldn’t stop playing it after the first time i played it

It was Halo:CE demo at GameStop I was 10 I played it for hours over over an over while my mom an sister shopped around and I was hooked. When my mom came back to GameStop to get me cause we was leaving I told her that’s what I wanted for Christmas that Xbox and halo. She asked the worker information about the Xbox and game so she could write it down for Christmas to get me it. Well about 2 weeks before Christmas I found where my mom and dad got me the Xbox and halo game they had it in the attic with other items. I took the Xbox out of the box and halo game I left the boxes there in the attic like it hasn’t been touched. I played halo and an on the Xbox till 1 day till Christmas and put the Xbox back and I couldn’t the game cause the plastic cover so I kept the game and hid it in my room they told me they bought it and I acted like halo came with the xbox haha! They later found out and beat my Butt cheeks off!

When i first played it back in 2006 or something I really enjoyed the shooter aspect and sci fi aspect as well until the mission 343 guilty spark. That mission literally gave me PTSD for a week becasue of the flood…

I thought the graphics were the best thing I had ever seen. I used to just shoot the plasma pistol or alien weapons because I found them so pretty! I was very young so obviously like many others the Flood mission terrified me when I played it. I always found it so cool that you could see the Halo in the sky! Gave it such a surreal alien feeling and really immersive. My brother and sister and I used to sing the menu music a lot too, I remember that.

Halo 3 was the first game I played online with real life friends, so I had a blast. At school, all my friends would be talking about it - so I had to get a 360 to join them.

Before that, it was just local multiplayer on the PS1/2, and online with PC games (but no IRL friends played PC games back then).