What were thoughts on how cortana looked?

I only ask because she seemed off in this one, whether that was intentional or not.

i loved her in halo 2a but my favourite would have to be halo 4. I got invested in the halo 4 story and connection with chief and cortana. Then when 5 came around it almost felt like they changed the cast for a main character.

Thoughts?

I would have to agree with you Halo 4 and Halo 2A had the best Cortana, the Halo 5 one looks a bit odd but it doesn’t bother me too much. I will put it this way for halo campaign halo 5’s was a bit disappointing so Cortana wasn’t the thing i was very annoyed about.

I’m honestly not a big fan of the halo 4 Cortana, but halo 2 anniversary was the best by far.

Looked or locked?

its cause she is not naked in halo 5 hahaha seriously though, I was fine with the change, I think they just wanted to emphasize this is not the cortana we knew and loved. She is a different entity and her look depicts that. H2A was a great version though, wont disagree.

You could also make the argument that the addition of clothing represents a change in her vulnerability. When she was naked she relied on chief for protection, event though she was strong when integrated with a system and was extremely intelligent, physically she could not do much. Fast forward to her clothed state, she has become more self reliant and defensive. Her vulnerability has disappeared.

May not be what you were going for but hey analysis is fun lol

I don’t like how she looks like a little girl now, it made her relationship with cheif turn more into teen romance than epic action and drama. And now with her new outfit it just seems odd, I guess she’s not the same person and it might be subtle foreshadowing or something but idk

She was meant to look “off”, so that we wouldn’t feel as comfortable with her. She’s not meant to be the same Cortana that we know and love.

In any case, I don’t care how she looks, I’m still highly disappointed that 343i didn’t have the guts to stick with her being dead. Having Cortana mysteriously return and then suddenly turn evil was a poor bit of story development. The whole “AIs suddenly turn evil and want to kill us all” is neither an original story, nor is it something that fits well into what was established before. It came out of nowhere, and really does not make any sense. I wish that she would not have returned at all, and that we would have had the Didact in her stead. Or the Flood. Or anybody but Cortana.

> 2533274808386392;7:
> She was meant to look “off”, so that we wouldn’t feel as comfortable with her. She’s not meant to be the same Cortana that we know and love.
>
> In any case, I don’t care how she looks, I’m still highly disappointed that 343i didn’t have the guts to stick with her being dead. Having Cortana mysteriously return and then suddenly turn evil was a poor bit of story development. The whole “AIs suddenly turn evil and want to kill us all” is neither an original story, nor is it something that fits well into what was established before. It came out of nowhere, and really does not make any sense. I wish that she would not have returned at all, and that we would have had the Didact in her stead. Or the Flood. Or anybody but Cortana.

I can see the problem and agree with the change of pace feeling odd though I dont think it “came out of nowhere.” Cortana states in Halo 4 that her next iteration would not be her, foreshadowing what would become of her, for all we know what we see is actually a rampant copy of her that survived. What we see in 5 is that copy who held that belief. Now its all speculation for now so we can only wait and see.

The whole AI trope is over used so I am hoping that they out their own twist too it in halo 6, maybe have the flood involved in some way idk but I wont make any opinions on the stories route until the second act is revealed. Its like judging a play by the first act when the climax or build up has yet to occur. Might just be the small amount of optimism I have, who knows.

These discussions never go well. :confused: