What we're all thinking...

Halo 4

What mistakes from Reach?

They already have my money. it is too late. To be honest, IF the nextbox supports used games I will buy H5 used so I do not support 343 with my money. If H5 is good, I might buy H6 in the store though.

Halo 4 is also my least played Halo. I haven’t played for months while I would play Halo 3 about 2 hours ALMOST EVERY DAY back when it was the latest Halo.

More and more I find myself going back to Reach and especially Anniversary. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed H4 but Anniversary somehow seems faster, more exciting, more engaging.

Plus (and it’s a big bonus) even though the population in Reach and Anniversary is relatively small, you get a game much quicker than in H4. And of course, there’s no JiP which means you play a full game of what you choose.

> They already have my money. it is too late. To be honest, IF the nextbox supports used games I will buy H5 used so I do not support 343 with my money. If H5 is good, I might buy H6 in the store though.
>
> Halo 4 is also my least played Halo. I haven’t played for months while <mark>I would play Halo 3 about 2 hours ALMOST EVERY DAY back when it was the latest Halo.</mark>

Yeah H3 would do that to you!

You’re what’s wrong with halo

> Halo 4 is by far my least played Halo game…haven’t even popped it in my Xbox in well over a month…and I LOVE my Halo. I’m sure there are many out there like me who just don’t find Halo 4 to be all that fun (compared to the other options out there).
>
> <mark>I’m hoping 343 does something magical with the upcoming TU</mark>…but even then, too many players have already jumped ship and it’s going to be an uphill battle as far as player retention goes. Damn shame.
>
> I honestly thought 343 had learned from Bungie’s mistakes with Reach…now it looks like they just went further down the rabbit hole of unnecessary change and are paying the price with Halo 4’s abysmal population (for a Halo game).

the TU has already come out…

> Halo 4 is by far my least played Halo game…haven’t even popped it in my Xbox in well over a month…and I LOVE my Halo. I’m sure there are many out there like me who just don’t find Halo 4 to be all that fun (compared to the other options out there).
>
> I’m hoping 343 does something magical with the upcoming TU…but even then, too many players have already jumped ship and it’s going to be an uphill battle as far as player retention goes. Damn shame.
>
> I honestly thought 343 had learned from <mark>Bungie’s mistakes with Reach</mark>…now it looks like they just went further down the rabbit hole of unnecessary change and are paying the price with Halo 4’s abysmal population (for a Halo game).

Not everyone believes Reach was bad. In fact, many hoped that 343i would follow Bungie’s lead with the then, forthcoming game in development, Halo 4. They did and many are happy.

for many of us, halo Reach was our first Halo game. We don’t see it as a mistake and,we see Halo 4 is a natural progression of Halo Reach.All is good.

that was to neo… what mistakes in reach…LMAO where to even start. i wish i had halo 2 or 3 still. seems like all true halo fans went away. wtg 343. i’ll have to go back to rpg’s cause halo’s all downhill it seems

Halo 4 is a fun game, and the core gameplay experience is solid, yet there are many issues with it that I can’t really shake. Not having weapons on map, completely replaced by personal ordnance, in addition to very long ranged loadout weapons (DMR and Light Rifle) completely destroy map movement that made past Halo games so good.

In addition, while the game has moved closer to perfect balance like in Halo 1, there are some elements that are far too powerful (DMR, Active Camo as an Armour Ability), while others (vehicles) are too weak, which also completely destroy the flow of the game. Thankfully, these are getting tweaked and, hopefully, fixed. Not to mention that the insane amount of auto-aim and bullet magnetism makes this game unchallenging.

In the end, the game holds the hands of the players far too much, which is a most unattractive feature. Due to this, it’s completely understandable that most players that take the game with any amount of seriousness would leave to play other games. However, I still do find enjoyment in it since, like I said, the core gameplay is solid, but I know that many others unfortunately do not share my point of view. Let’s just hope that Halo 5 will fix the mistakes brought on in Halo 4, which seems likely now that we have Bravo working at 343i.

I played it twice in the last 4 months. Onve two months ago, where I glitched the game with two friends, and once last week. Had one FFA pros match that was great. The next 4 matches, no one voted for Slayer Pro. I once again stopped playing H4.

> that was to neo… what mistakes in reach…LMAO where to even start. i wish i had halo 2 or 3 still. seems like all true halo fans went away. wtg 343. i’ll have to go back to rpg’s cause halo’s all downhill it seems

There were many things wrong with Reach but Reach is mostly frowned upon because it’s the first title that really changed the classic formula. Halo 4 is even worse but is less hated because people already raged about the classic formula being gone during Reach.

If I had more time to play, I’d play H3 or other good games such as gears or far cry 3. the latest games seem to go downhill a lot.