What wen't wrong with halo 4

I thought halo 4 was good but it has it’s good and bad.

I liked to forge on halo

> 2533274891506443;1:
> I thought halo 4 was good but it has it’s good and bad.

Elaborate.

I think the storytelling in Halo 4 wasn’t as good as previous games.

Nothing went wrong. The game is great

> 2533274799872358;5:
> Nothing went wrong. The game is great

If nothing is wrong with it, then why do you think so much of the community despises Halo 4?

went doesn’t have an apostrophe. “wen’t” isn’t a thing bud

As for H4, I like it a lot. I’ve played it since launch with never more than 3 weeks break at a time. The problems aren’t apparent until you compare it to other halo games. Flinch, lack of descope, boltshot, grenade indicators, personal ordinance, the worst texture pop in in any Halo game, weapons despawning 10 seconds from death, the ability to back out in lobbies, weapon audio glitches, and sprint turned a lot of people off. I could go on, but what’s the point.

I like Halo 4 quite a lot despite its quirks. It’s also a much better game today than it was in 2012 and early 2013. I think if people went back and gave it a second chance that it would be far better liked.

> 2533274896920308;7:
> went doesn’t have an apostrophe. “wen’t” isn’t a thing bud
>
> As for H4, I like it a lot. I’ve played it since launch with never more than 3 weeks break at a time. The problems aren’t apparent until you compare it to other halo games. Flinch, lack of descope, boltshot, grenade indicators, personal ordinance, the worst texture pop in in any Halo game, weapons despawning 10 seconds from death, the ability to back out in lobbies, weapon audio glitches, and sprint turned a lot of people off. I could go on, but what’s the point.
>
> I like Halo 4 quite a lot despite its quirks. It’s also a much better game today than it was in 2012 and early 2013. I think if people went back and gave it a second chance that it would be far better liked.

I think H4 multiplayer is best forgotten.

The only thing that went wrong with Halo 4 is that it landed at a point in the evolution of gaming where people stopped just playing what was put in front of them and started having opinions about every single aspect of the game. For better or worse, you have to decide for yourself. But we’ve entered the age of game player as would-be game designer, and no one seems willing to tolerate anything anymore if it varies in any way from their own personal vision of what the game should be. People leaving Halo over loadouts or personal ordnance or sprint is, imo, exactly like backing out of the pre-game lobby because you don’t like the map. Right or wrong? Who can say…

Ordinance drops make camping way too easy, armor abilities and loadouts break the balance of the game, and you have to have read the correct novels to make any sense out of the story.

> 2533274917158807;4:
> I think the storytelling in Halo 4 wasn’t as good as previous games.

If anything, Halo 4 was the greatest storytelling in Halo title to date. It’s just that to get that story, you had to read the novels, which was a mistake on 343i’s part. However, they are doing a great job with Hunt the Truth by allowing fans who don’t read the books a chance to learn some lore.

> 2533274821881749;11:
> > 2533274917158807;4:
> > I think the storytelling in Halo 4 wasn’t as good as previous games.
>
>
> If anything, Halo 4 was the greatest storytelling in Halo title to date. It’s just that to get that story, you had to read the novels, which was a mistake on 343i’s part. However, they are doing a great job with Hunt the Truth by allowing fans who don’t read the books a chance to learn some lore.

There were novels before 343. 343s’ issue is that the books and movies are more than backstories, they’re becoming more important in that they have main characters being killed and key events happening.

Halo 4 reminds me of how big movie producers acted when 3d movies got big. Quality and story were dropped for action scenes and special effects. Its like there is so much vegitation, or lighting effects and other things that maps are very unclear. Don’t get me started on the choice to use armor abilities… What is this like gundum or something? I thought we were soldiers, now it is more like we are playing as robots… Game play movement has turned into a sad mix between original halos and gears of war. I feel like a clunky uncoordinated pile of metal. No 1-50? are you kidding me? Running the ranking system with xp like that… reminds me of games that are on androids and Iphones… like what I have to play (insert#ofgames) to look good? It turned into time over skill, and now it seems like brainless xp farming. game after game after game… which also eliminates so much team play. Halo used to be about getting good with friends, and trying to get to the next level. It seems like 343 tried too hard to target the call of duty demographic, and in doing so lost some of the key elements that made halo feel like halo, such as nerfing movement like jumping… I love the franchise but to me, this could have been an amazing game… if they didn’t name it halo…

> 2533274865694708;13:
> Halo 4 reminds me of how big movie producers acted when 3d movies got big. Quality and story were dropped for action scenes and special effects. Its like there is so much vegitation, or lighting effects and other things that maps are very unclear. Don’t get me started on the choice to use armor abilities… What is this like gundum or something? I thought we were soldiers, now it is more like we are playing as robots… Game play movement has turned into a sad mix between original halos and gears of war. I feel like a clunky uncoordinated pile of metal. No 1-50? are you kidding me? Running the ranking system with xp like that… reminds me of games that are on androids and Iphones… like what I have to play (insert#ofgames) to look good? It turned into time over skill, and now it seems like brainless xp farming. game after game after game… which also eliminates so much team play. Halo used to be about getting good with friends, and trying to get to the next level. It seems like 343 tried too hard to target the call of duty demographic, and in doing so lost some of the key elements that made halo feel like halo, such as nerfing movement like jumping… I love the franchise but to me, this could have been an amazing game… if they didn’t name it halo…

I like the big budget movie analogy, even though I’m not entire sure that I agree with it. I still know what you mean.

343 didn’t start armor abilities. Bungie did. For better or worse.

And very interesting that you feel uncoordinated and clunky in this game, when that’s exactly how I feel revisiting earlier Halos with MCC. Go figure.

I personally have no use for a ranking system, at least not a visible ranking system, but I’m all for it for those who want it. But I’ll say again what I said before. Bungie ditched 1-50 long before 343 did. They did it for a reason. If it comes back with Guardians then it will be the ultimate example of the old saying, “be careful what you wish for.”

Agree with you that exp grinding is tedious and gimmicky, but, like skill-based ranking, it should remain for the benefit of those who want it.

The evaporation of teamwork is not something that I think you can blame on the game, at least not entirely. There was a hothouse atmosphere for friend-list building in Halo 2 because online gaming was completely new. Now that the novelty has worn off, none of us take that sort of thing very seriously. Which is unfortunate because it makes the game way more fun, and it makes you a better player. Whatever the reason may be for the failure, I just don’t think you can lay this one at the feet of 343.

It’s the creators. 343 inherited a successful game franchise with a massive fan base, but failed to make a good game. They didn’t do anything new or innovative. They failed to prove to the Halo community that they could carry on the legacy of the previous games have left. Unfortunately, they’ve only tarnished it. Halo 5 might be 343’s last chance to change players’ minds on the direction that the Halo franchise is going. Will Halo follow in the footsteps of fellow FPS franchise Call of Duty, where one game bleeds into the next with repetition, or will they innovate. Evolve or die seems to 343’s only choices.

> 2535459674199668;15:
> It’s the creators. 343 inherited a successful game franchise with a massive fan base, but failed to make a good game. They didn’t do anything new or innovative. They failed to prove to the Halo community that they could carry on the legacy of the previous games have left. Unfortunately, they’ve only tarnished it. Halo 5 might be 343’s last chance to change players’ minds on the direction that the Halo franchise is going. Will Halo follow in the footsteps of fellow FPS franchise Call of Duty, where one game bleeds into the next with repetition, or will they innovate. Evolve or die seems to 343’s only choices.

343 inherited the mantle of Reach, a Bungie title, which had already gone a very long way toward eroding the competitive population from the game.

As for 343 failing to try anything new or to innovate with H4? I think there are a lot of players, especially the more competitive players, who would say that 343 tried to change the formula way too much, not way too little. I guess this hangs on your definition of the word “innovate,” but the consensus seems to be that less change would have been better than more, and none would have been better still. I personally disagree, but this is the sense I get from the youtubers and the forums.

If you want to find a signal example of something 343 has done to tarnish Halo, perhaps irreparably, look no farther than MCC. That screw up wasn’t just incompetence, it was cynical and deliberate malfeasance.

> 2533274874073421;12:
> > 2533274821881749;11:
> > > 2533274917158807;4:
> > > I think the storytelling in Halo 4 wasn’t as good as previous games.
> >
> >
> > If anything, Halo 4 was the greatest storytelling in Halo title to date. It’s just that to get that story, you had to read the novels, which was a mistake on 343i’s part. However, they are doing a great job with Hunt the Truth by allowing fans who don’t read the books a chance to learn some lore.
>
>
> There were novels before 343. 343s’ issue is that the books and movies are more than backstories, they’re becoming more important in that they have main characters being killed and key events happening.

I read the novels a while after I played the Halo 4 campaign, and it ended up making much more sense. But if you haven’t read at least one book of the Forerunner Trilogy, it’s hard to understand the Didact’s hatred for humanity and so on. If you read the books it makes sense, sure, but the majority of the Halo community only plays the games and doesn’t read the books, meaning they don’t know much about the lore. I would have liked Halo 4’s campaign better if they did a better job of telling the Didact’s story in game rather than having a writer make three books about it.

It has it’s moments. But overall level design is quiet garbage.

Halo 4 was a good game other than the lack of campaign/spartan ops theatre mode and ordinance. Who wants more grenades! SERIOUSLY!

> 2533274799872358;5:
> Nothing went wrong. The game is great

What Halo 4 have you been playing?