What weapons would you like to see?

We all know there will be new weapons and returning weapons in halo infinite. What weapons and vehicles would you like to see make a come back? If we get this bug enough maybe 343 would add them in :slight_smile:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’d like to see BOTH the needle and needle rifle return. We had that carbine that was essentially the needle rifle but I’d just like to see the original needle rifle from reach come back. Along with the pro pipe being in the base game.

Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.

Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2

Only the BR

Boom, balanced. You’re welcome, 343.

Sticky detonator for sure

Honestly I’ve been saying this since halo 3, I want the spectre back. The revrent was cool but not the same. For weapons I’d really like to see the grenade launcher.

> 2533274909712896;3:
> Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
> The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.
> Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2

I agree the variants were crazy, I really enjoyed some of them tho like the prophets bane for example. And yes ik the carbine is older, but I loved the needle rifle. Didnt like that it replaced the needle tho. As far as saying it makes balancing an issue, they could have a dmr but on another a br and on a other a carbine.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274870124097;6:
> Honestly I’ve been saying this since halo 3, I want the spectre back. The revrent was cool but not the same. For weapons I’d really like to see the grenade launcher.

I 100% agree the spectre needs to come back. It was a little more OP than the warthog because it held 4 people but the plasma turret isnt as effective as the high turret, so it balances out for the most part. Im drawing a blank on the names but they need to bring back the unsc aircraft from halo 3 and reach.

> 2535456994498405;7:
> > 2533274909712896;3:
> > Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
> > The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.
> > Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2
>
> I agree the variants were crazy, I really enjoyed some of them tho like the prophets bane for example. And yes ik the carbine is older, but I loved the needle rifle. Didnt like that it replaced the needle tho. As far as saying it makes balancing an issue, they could have a dmr but on another a br and on a other a carbine.

I think about it this way:

In CE you had two different weapon classes: human and Covenant. Each class had a counterpart in the other class for most weapons. For example you had the assault rifle and the plasma rifle. But even though they were similar, they both functioned differently and felt unique. In Halo 3 you had the introduction of Brute weapons like the spiker, which was a third counterpart to the assault rifle and plasma rifle. But even that had different strengths and weaknesses that made the spiker unique. With H4, you had the introduction of Forerunner weapons. To continue my example, you had the suppressor, which was yet another counterpart to the assault rifle, plasma rifle, and spiker. The problem though was that it didn’t feel unique. It felt more like a re-skin of the assault rifle.

To make it simple, I don’t mind a massive sandbox of weapons, so long as each weapon is unique. The problem with Forerunner weapons is that each of them just feel like a re-skin of a weapon that already exists. The incinerator cannon is a perfect example. When you compare the rocket launcher to the fuel rod gun, they function differently, have different magazine capacities, but ultimately serve the same purpose. When the incinerator cannon was introduced, it was essentially just a more powerful rocket launcher. It even had the exact same magazine capacity, only it was slightly more powerful.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2535456994498405;7:
> > > 2533274909712896;3:
> > > Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
> > > The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.
> > > Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2
> >
> > I agree the variants were crazy, I really enjoyed some of them tho like the prophets bane for example. And yes ik the carbine is older, but I loved the needle rifle. Didnt like that it replaced the needle tho. As far as saying it makes balancing an issue, they could have a dmr but on another a br and on a other a carbine.
>
> I think about it this way:
>
> In CE you had two different weapon classes: human and Covenant. Each class had a counterpart in the other class for most weapons. For example you had the assault rifle and the plasma rifle. But even though they were similar, they both functioned differently and felt unique. In Halo 3 you had the introduction of Brute weapons like the spiker, which was a third counterpart to the assault rifle and plasma rifle. But even that had different strengths and weaknesses that made the spiker unique. With H4, you had the introduction of Forerunner weapons. To continue my example, you had the suppressor, which was yet another counterpart to the assault rifle, plasma rifle, and spiker. The problem though was that it didn’t feel unique. It felt more like a re-skin of the assault rifle.
>
> To make it simple, I don’t mind a massive sandbox of weapons, so long as each weapon is unique. The problem with Forerunner weapons is that each of them just feel like a re-skin of a weapon that already exists. The incinerator cannon is a perfect example. When you compare the rocket launcher to the fuel rod gun, they function differently, have different magazine capacities, but ultimately serve the same purpose. When the incinerator cannon was introduced, it was essentially just a more powerful rocket launcher. It even had the exact same magazine capacity, only it was slightly more powerful.

I remember playing h4 and complaining about the forerunner weapons. Super happy with 5 they changed em around a bit. The bolt shot was literally a reskinned plasma pistol that shot like the magnum/shotgun.

Oh speaking if brutes I really hope they as a while come back I’m assuming they will, but I’d love to see all of the brite weapons, maybe even atrioxs mace. But everything like the brute shot spiker and mauler need to come back.

BRUTE WEAPONS.

I wanna know what a spike rifle looks like in fp. Oh yes, and we should totally abondon the storm rifles. Replace them with good ol Plasma Rifles!

> 2535456994498405;7:
> > 2533274909712896;3:
> > Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
> > The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.
> > Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2
>
> I agree the variants were crazy, I really enjoyed some of them tho like the prophets bane for example. And yes ik the carbine is older, but I loved the needle rifle. Didnt like that it replaced the needle tho. As far as saying it makes balancing an issue, they could have a dmr but on another a br and on a other a carbine.

In my opinion, it’s not just the REQ variants. We can see numerous instances of 3-4 weapons that have the same role (or very similar roles) and very little to differentiate them e.g. AR / SMG / SR / Suppressor, Magnum / BR / DMR / Carbine. Compare that to the differences between CE’s AR and PR, for instance.

As for the Needle Rifle, I like the concept but thought it was half-baked in Reach. It was largely a faster-firing and more accurate, but weaker DMR. The supercombine was what really set it apart and I think could be improved upon. Consider the potential applications of supercombine explosions either doing more damage / having a larger blast radius / detonating nearby grenades or leaving a lingering cloud of of damaging “pink mist”. The ability to weaponize unshielded bodies (alive and dead) would give it a unique and viable utility.

I like a lot of the weapon variants H5, but I don’t like that aside from super fiesta they’re all tied to the REQ system, and I do not care for the REQ system all that much.

But balance is important, and having less weapons probably makes that more feasible.

And in terms of specific weapons, I’d love to see the flamethrower and needle rifle return. And a fuel rod like CE’s, that shoots at a curve, rather than in a straight line like the rocket launcher. I also wouldn’t mind seeing more Brute weapons in campaign again.

Needle rifle. Function as it did in reach but buff/nerf accordingly.

Also needle pistol (which exists in lore!) Could make it function like a rapid fire needle rifle but weaker and more needles for supercombine

We need the return of a skill based main weapon, whether that’s the magnum, BR, or DMR. The Halo 3 BR imo was the best because it weeded out the bad players who rely on pointing and shooting to get kills and it created the “out BRing” aspect to the game. Imo, there’s something about out BRing someone in Halo 3 that makes you feel superior to the other player, where as in Halo 5 or Halo 2, I don’t get nearly as much satisfaction because the bullet magnetism assists so much in the kill.

When I out BR a good player in Halo 3 I’m like “ooooooo get out BRd!”
But in Halo 5 if I “out pistol” someone, I’m just like “meh”

> 2535440283237581;12:
> > 2535456994498405;7:
> > > 2533274909712896;3:
> > > Personally I think they should tone down the amount of weapons in the game. Adding more makes the game a lot harder to balance, and also makes many weapons useless or redundant (such as having both the DMR and BR - they’re very similar and serve the same purpose).
> > > The same goes for the innumerate variants of weapons and vehicles in H5. It just muddies the sandbox and makes everything hard to keep track of, as well as breaking immersion a little.
> > > Also the carbine is about 6 years older than the needle rifle: being introduced in Halo 2
> >
> > I agree the variants were crazy, I really enjoyed some of them tho like the prophets bane for example. And yes ik the carbine is older, but I loved the needle rifle. Didnt like that it replaced the needle tho. As far as saying it makes balancing an issue, they could have a dmr but on another a br and on a other a carbine.
>
> In my opinion, it’s not just the REQ variants. We can see numerous instances of 3-4 weapons that have the same role (or very similar roles) and very little to differentiate them e.g. AR / SMG / SR / Suppressor, Magnum / BR / DMR / Carbine. Compare that to the differences between CE’s AR and PR, for instance.
>
> As for the Needle Rifle, I like the concept but thought it was half-baked in Reach. It was largely a faster-firing and more accurate, but weaker DMR. The supercombine was what really set it apart and I think could be improved upon. Consider the potential applications of supercombine explosions either doing more damage / having a larger blast radius / detonating nearby grenades or leaving a lingering cloud of of damaging “pink mist”. The ability to weaponize unshielded bodies (alive and dead) would give it a unique and viable utility.

That sounds broken and very hard to balance but cool at the same time.

I just want the “Classic sites” to return. I’m not saying to get rid of SmartLink/ADS, but an option would be appreciated.

When I play Warzone or Warzone Firefight I only use the Classic BR, Halo 2 BR, and Tactical Magnum.

I honestly think using the old sites can put me at a disadvantage in Warzone because of the perriferal vision, but I don’t care because I prefer it, and would appreciate the option.

Sticky Detonator needs to return, its absence in H5 was nearly inexcusable.

And if I can get creative, a “Gravity Flail” would be awesome. Basically a Gravity Hammer in the form of a medieval flail, complete with a long metal chain.

I would love to the Black Hole type weapons return from Halo 5 as well as some kind of new Black Hole Grenade that’s similar to the one that’s in Thor: The Dark World.
But what would be really cool if these weapons were a separate type of weapons for the Forerunners in the next Halo games to come.

Spartan Laser. I like to have mad weapons bjt a competitive mode that is only snipe and rockets like h3 mlg. Everything can be tweaked for competitive play so imo as many cool things as possible.