What Weapons Should Return?

As said in the title, what weapons do you think should return? I feel like alot of the OG weapons are missing, like spartan laser, SMG, carbine, beam rifle, etc. I know some have been replaced in some way or form, but I feel like the game is just lacking weapon variety, which is something I really liked about Halo 5. I just hope they do add more weapons over time.

1 Like

Magnum
Shotgun
SMG
DMR
Spartan Laser
Covenant Carbine
Plasma Rifle
Fuel Rod
Needle Rifle
Beam Rifle
Brute Shot

6 Likes

The M7 SMG needs to return :smiley:

First, I wanna point out I think its all but confirmed we will be getting weapons added, varying from brand new additions, to returning classics. They said that would be the case, and that was what happened in halo 5, as well.
That said, my personal list, in order of priority, I think it should be

1. H4/5 AR weapon core
  2. Magnum
  3. OG Shotgun
  4. SMG/Plasma Rifle equal priority
  5. DMR/carbine equal priority
  6. Mantis
  7. Gauss Hog
    Yeah I included a couple vehicles in there, I miss them.
2 Likes

Yeah, have older games version of current weapon as cores. Halo CE AR, Halo 3 AR, Halo 3 BR, Halo 4 BR, etc

1 Like

I would, legit, LOOOVE to see a high detail interpretation of the MA5B (CE) rifle. I really didnt care for the h4/5 BR but for those who do, the more the merrier.

1 Like
  • Halo CE’s magnum (as a power weapon, like in Halo 5)
  • Halo 3: Shotgun, Flamethrower, spiker and carbine
  • Halo Reach’s DMR, Spartan Laser and needle rifle
  • Halo 2 Beam Rifle
  • Halo 4 Sticky detonator
  • Halo 5 Flagnum and light rifle
  • Halo 3 ODST SMG
    and finally
  • Halo 3 “molotovs” (flame nades)
    I had some much fun with those guns, specially in custom games!
    IDK if there are “portable” turrets, haven’t seen one yet, but if there aren’t, then i would add turrets (human and plasma ones)
3 Likes

Yeah, the Automag too, and Halo 2 magnum.

1 Like

I’d love to see the sticky detonator return. There were so many ways to create silly shenanigans with that weapon.

2 Likes

Magnum
Shotgun
Beam Rifle
Fuel Rod
Brute Shot
Plasma Rifle
Sticky Detonator

1 Like

Beam Rifle - H3
Grenade Launcher - Reach
Halo CE Fuel Rod Cannon. - CE
Covenant Carbine - H2
Plasma Rifle - H3
Automag - ODST
Silenced SMG - ODST
Shotgun - Unsure
Magnum - CE
DMR - Reach
Spiker - H3
Brute Shot - H2
Mauler - H3
Sticky Detonator - H4
Incendiary Grenade - H3

Weapon models should line up with the game mentioned.

It’s absolutely critical that these weapons sound a lot like they did in the games mentioned to capture the warm and fuzzy nostalgia. Artistic liberties aren’t very welcome past small changes, like making the DMR sound a touch more meaty and obviously making sounds higher fidelity. Think iteratively, not revolutionary.

Weapon performance would need to be altered to fit the rest of the Infinite sandbox.

These aren’t all the Halo weapons, but I think they would offer the most fan-pleasing variety without getting too redundant.

1 Like

Right now there are a whopping (I believe) 36 weapons that did not return.
Knowing that, here’s my list.
DMR (although I love the Stalker rifle for now)
Needle Rifle (preferred over Carbine)
Grenade Launcher
Spartan Laser

Brute Shot
Mauler (with instakill melee)
Spiker (but make it stronger, projectile based AR)

Shotgun
Railgun
Magnum

Fuel Rod Gun/Cannon
Beam Rifle

Here’s the full list that I could figure out, not including repeats/variations on the same weapons:

• DMR
  • Magnum
  • Shotgun
  • Spartan Laser
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Carbine
  • Plasma Rifle
  • Storm Rifle
  • Needle Rifle
  • Focus Rifle
  • Beam Rifle
  • SAW
  • Railgun
  • SMG
  • Suppressor
  • Boltshot
  • Lightrifle
  • Binary Rifle
  • Scattershot
  • Incineration Cannon
  • Mauler
  • Brute Shot
  • Spiker
  • Fuel Rod Gun
  • Plasma Caster
  • Plasma Launcher
  • Plasma Repeater
  • Plasma Turret
  • Splinter Turret
  • Missile Turret
  • Flamethrower
  • Target Locator
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Sticky Detonator
  • Pulse Grenade
  • Incendiary Grenade
2 Likes

Brute shot, I feel like it could work in Infinite.

To be honest there’s loads I’d love to see back.

But for me the main ones are Classic Shotgun, Spartan Laser and SMG.

2 Likes

Reach Grenade Launcher, CE AR, CE Shotgun.
And definitely the Plasma Rifle and Storm Rifle.

1 Like

I hope ultimately Infinite’s sandbox will be as broad as H5’s. For now hurry up and give me back the rail gun, fuel rod and shotgun :wink:

I was always a big fan of that Brute grenade launcher and Spiker from Halo 3.

The sticky detonator was pure chaos and I loved it.

Stick your friend, stick a friendly vehicle, stick a wall, stick that gall darn enemy mantis… good times.

It’s a straight-fire plasma grenade in your pocket!

1 Like

There’s a long list I would love to see returning, but most important would be the old sniper rifle, the shotgun, the SMG, and the DMR.

Sadly I actually do expect these to return, but it will be too late for the campaign. Even if they add them back into the campaign as guns you can call in at FOBs, you’ll never find them littered around the map. My guess is that they purposely limited the weapons early on so that they would look really good and sell many battlepasses when they include them later.

1 Like

I’m also a bit concerned we won’t really see newly added weapons throughout the campaign. Could you imagine if they included full support for the AI to use them? I want to throw my Xbox out the window in rage after getting nailed by Jackal Snipers with Beam Rifles on Legendary 16 times in a row.

But for real, adding value to the Campaign like that would really help support the overall experience.

1 Like