What we need: dedicated whining subsection

All right, I have to say that this forum is a bit out of control :slight_smile: I came here for information and tips, and to get that I have to scroll through several pages of complaining. This is not fair to people who are genuinely trying to bring useful information to this forum.

Since it’s impossible to not have lots of whining threads, the next best thing I can think of is to lump them together into its dedicated subsection with a politically correct title like “constructive criticism” :-). The moderators can redirect any such threads to this dedicated subsection so the main forum can be cleaner.

Just my 2 cents (to whine to about whining :slight_smile: )

Peace out.

Agreed, these users sound like absolute brats. We haven’t even played the game yet! 343 worked their balls off to create what looks to be an AMAZING game but people wanna cry about rank and sprinting. Grow up children

umm why exactly? the halo 4 forum section is here so that players can come and discuss the game while also providing feedback, it just happens that more often then not people are providing feedback.

> umm why exactly? the halo 4 forum section is here so that players can come and discuss the game while also providing feedback, it just happens that more often then not people are providing feedback.

There has been massive amounts of complaining for the past couple of months… Seriously I would know, and all of the complaints are the same, pathetic and get out of hand

> > umm why exactly? the halo 4 forum section is here so that players can come and discuss the game while also providing feedback, it just happens that more often then not people are providing feedback.
>
> There has been massive amounts of complaining for the past couple of months… Seriously I would know, and all of the complaints are the same, pathetic and get out of hand

by different people, i’ve been lurking here for over a year and its always different people, never the same person so it doesn’t really constitute as whining.

but, complaining is different, its people expressing a problem or disgust with something that they feel needs to be fixed, complaining is feedbacking and is constructive because it helps create a better product in the future, this is in no way shape or form pathetic.

if i went into a restraunt and order a lovely meal that turns out to not be cooked properly, would it be “pathetic” for me to complain?

things to note, in the first few weeks complaints should be ignored unless its of a more serious matter, this is simply because players are just going to be adapting and learning to the things that have changed, you need to give players time to settle in and “adapt” as it were to make sure that what appears to be a problem based on feedback isn’t a problem, if after a few weeks and the same complaints persist none stop then there is a real issue that needs to be dealt with.

on this forum, there have been very consistent things people are upset about that isn’t and mostly won’t let off so there obviously is something wrong.

Why have a section for complaining, most of the people will just go there and make this section useless and just take up space. Keeo the complaing going guys, we know what we want and will not settle. We are just not blindly complaining, most people have developed well thought out civil and complex arguments as to their “complaining”

We are simply just asking for our voices to be heard. There are alot of upset gamers. While you consider it to be a bunch of people “whining”. There are alot of people that have spent alot of time thinking of valid arguments. Sadly I think that if you created a thread purely for “criticism” then it would get more attention than this one. Im sorry that you think we are annoying however it is what it is and right now, it is bad

The biggest problem of this forum is everybody wants to create their own thread when they want to complain about something, even when there are already 5 about the same topic on the first page. What’s up with that?

To provide constructive criticism, it does not matter much how emotional you are or how loud you scream. IMHO the best way to do that is 1) provide logical arguments about why you don’t agree with developers’ decision, and 2) create a poll and see how many players are for or against your opinion.

An overwhelmingly negative poll result speaks much more volume than a thousand negative words.

Again, just my 2 cents.