what we all want in the next survival mode. not useless points!

Firefight was good in ODST but something implemented in Reach just made it not as good. Being able to customize the A.I. spawn waves was good, but more could be done. The concept of getting just points is stupid. They don’t even do anything. If you guys at 343 decide to make points so important, make a system similar to Call of Duty’s zombie type mode or Gears of War 3s horde mode. Point’s mean something in those games, as you can build barriers, buy weapons, etc. With what we have in Halo, we could make something way more creative. I don’t know who we will be fighting in Halo 4 but I can imagine after getting a certain amount of points you could call in Longsword bombing in the area of your choice. That would be awesome.

Spawn enemies with some creativity. Look at the features as you go along the beach in Long Night of Solace. (LNOS) As you make your way up you can see elite drop pods coming from the sky and they land right in front of you. Whatever we are killing should not spawn the SAME WAY 24/7. The drop pods we see in firefight are lame. They down from the sky in a boring way w/ no cool sounds or effects. The drop pods in LNOS are way better. So what I am saying is spawn what we are killing in different and more creative ways. You guys that are reading <mark>list what kind of spawning you would want.</mark>

Something that makes the level seem so alive is the active skybox/map.(LNOS again) There is always turrents shooting at the seraphs and it makes the experence much better. Active skyboxes should be on every map. When you play Holdout on firefight there is nothing going on in the sky nor the ground. In campaign however you can see tanks fighting scarabs and phantoms flying. Why is that not in the firefight level? Nonsense. Make the map alive and loud!

A.I. support.(LNOS) When you hold the beach a pelican comes in and drops off marines. Not once but when they all die more come. If the A.I are going to suck like they do on Installation 04 give us more of them. Marines, ODST, and even spartans. Have a pelican fly by and drop them off or have them come down on drop pods.

If points are so important, don’t make them useless. How about buying ammo, reinforcements, airstrikes, etc. What do you guys wanna see in the next firefight? <mark>If points were valuable, how would you spend them?</mark> List what you want and mabye 343 might see it. If you are reading this <mark>bs angel</mark>, you better go to who ever is in control of firefight and talk some sense into them rather than letting useless points make firefight boring!!

also how do i make my subject not in all caps? Thanks!

I don’t know if you guys recall but in mw3 the points could be spent on stuff such as weapons ammo and special operations squads delta or something I’d like to see something similar with a couple of Spartans 2s 3s or odsts as long as the air was decent for once this would work and be exceptionally cool imo not to mention having a reason to slaughter countless enemies.

What I think they should change…
1-Remove the time limit.
2-Change it to a simple wave after wave gametype (not waves and sets, because it’s confusing and serves no purpose.)
3-Imply some way to use the points that you’ve earned.
4-Make it so that you have 1 life a wave and if everyone dies in the same wave then you lose.
5-Option to set a certain number of waves or infinite waves.
6- An in game leaderboard to add a more competitive edge to it.

I don’t want GoW3 or CoD, I want Halo: 4

> I don’t want GoW3 or CoD, I want Halo: 4

COD and Gears games do survival modes way better then Halo has ,and if you deny that then you’re being a bit of a fanboy, so we should learn from the best and try to add what they’re doing right to Halo’s survival mode.

Ok some of this is good but NO KILLSTREAK TYPE THING so please…
GO BACK TO COD

> Ok some of this is good but NO KILLSTREAK TYPE THING so please…
> GO BACK TO COD

You are an idiot. I like halo way batter than COD. Also, I did not say killstreak, I am talking about spending points.

All except for the long sword attack thing was good. Long night of solace is my favorite fight in Halo reach on that beach, if they do that in firefight…omg I will mail 343 money AFTER I buy the game. Crazy epic.

Still people would controversy and complain about it being “like one” and they would whine and make everyone flame H4 and I don’t want that otherwise everything else was the best ideas I’ve heard yet

Survival mode? Sounds like cod terminology. Leave that stuff at cod please. I exclusively stay on topic of cod when I’m at an mw3 forum.

> Survival mode? Sounds like cod terminology. Leave that stuff at cod please. I exclusively stay on topic of cod when I’m at an mw3 forum.

Survival modes have been around long before COD made their own.

Personally, I am a diehard fan of Halo. I can’t stand any other game. But, FireFight needs help. If you were to put Flood in it that would be wonderful. Make it more like a CoD Zombies, but implement some other things. Like, instead of mystery boxes, you have crash zones, where a ship drops a random weapon, and you can revive the same way as CoD, except when your dead you don’t crawl, you fall and have a free camera and you have a 1 minute limit until you die. Also add whatever, Pelicans(AC-130’s) Whatever, FireFight doesn’t have to be equal it’s just, surviving. Make it a little realistic, but with that lovely Sci-Fi feel.

It would also help if we weren’t SPARTANS, as an ODST I felt significantly more vulnerable.It was part of what made firefight survival and not slaughter-fest.

> Personally, I am a diehard fan of Halo. I can’t stand any other game. But, FireFight needs help. If you were to put Flood in it that would be wonderful. Make it more like a CoD Zombies, but implement some other things. Like, instead of mystery boxes, you have crash zones, where a ship drops a random weapon, and you can revive the same way as CoD, except when your dead you don’t crawl, you fall and have a free camera and you have a 1 minute limit until you die. Also add whatever, Pelicans(AC-130’s) Whatever, FireFight doesn’t have to be equal it’s just, surviving. Make it a little realistic, but with that lovely Sci-Fi feel.

I think your my long lost brother…great minds think alike haha

> > Personally, I am a diehard fan of Halo. I can’t stand any other game. But, FireFight needs help. If you were to put Flood in it that would be wonderful. Make it more like a CoD Zombies, but implement some other things. Like, instead of mystery boxes, you have crash zones, where a ship drops a random weapon, and you can revive the same way as CoD, except when your dead you don’t crawl, you fall and have a free camera and you have a 1 minute limit until you die. Also add whatever, Pelicans(AC-130’s) Whatever, FireFight doesn’t have to be equal it’s just, surviving. Make it a little realistic, but with that lovely Sci-Fi feel.
>
> I think your my long lost brother…great minds think alike haha

At long last! Brohug

> Survival mode? Sounds like cod terminology. Leave that stuff at cod please. I exclusively stay on topic of cod when I’m at an mw3 forum.

Honestly attitudes like this are gonna kill all future halos.

If all that was implemented on top of reaches firefight was waves of flood, i would be more than happy.

Maybe some maps could have covenant coming in on those big transport vehicles in Halo 2s Metropolis level? Shadows, I think they were?

> All except for the long sword attack thing was good. Long night of solace is my favorite fight in Halo reach on that beach, if they do that in firefight…omg I will mail 343 money AFTER I buy the game. Crazy epic.

Oh god that would be the god move for 343, the beach fight in Lnos! Forget corvette, it’s so boring, the beach fight is so fast paced, plus the natural cover could make for some great ambushes! in a firefight game keep radar off at all times with all the rocks you’ll never know what’s on the other side!

> What I think they should change…
> 1-Remove the time limit.

I Assume you mean in Matchmaking, so I agree.

> 2-Change it to a simple wave after wave gametype (not waves and sets, because it’s confusing and serves no purpose.)

Skulls and other difficulty settings. They served more of a purpose in ODST, its meaning was slightly butchered by Reach, but still I think they should keep it.

> 3-Imply some way to use the points that you’ve earned.

I mean, I guess it could work. I’m not entirely against it, unless it takes away from your overall score at the end, or your ‘Final’ score.

> 4-Make it so that you have 1 life a wave and if everyone dies in the same wave then you lose.

Or we could just keep the life system that works just fine, I don’t see why you even want that. Stockpiling lives is a big part of the strategy of Firefight.

> 5-Option to set a certain number of waves or infinite waves.

We already have this…?

> 6- An in game leaderboard to add a more competitive edge to it.

I agree completely.