What was your most memorable Moment?

This thread is for anyone who owns or has played halo 1. I’m curious to know what were your thoughts on the game when it was released. And what do you think of it now? Do you still love it? Or have you “moved on”?.

I didn’t played it from release. But I played Halo CE on PC. My most memorable Moment was a CTF game on Blood Gulch. Actually it was 8vs8, it didn’t laaag at all for me(that’s really rare). We had a good time and played about 20 minutes a pure Halo game with no flaming and no glitching. Love this time.

haha yes i loved CTF. Just me and a few buddies leap into a warthog and tank, and just barrell roll our way into their base, nading everyone.

My favourite match was on Infinity. I managed to take down an enemy in a banshee using only an Assault Rifle and shotgun! it was very hilarious!

First time: Two sticks? This is awkward…

Second Time: Warthogs? Weee!

Now: The franchise has lost it’s way from the brilliance that was the first game. Bungie became too big for their britches, and the community too distracted by multiplayer grinding.

> This thread is for anyone who owns or has played halo 1. I’m curious to know what were your thoughts on the game when it was released. And what do you think of it now? Do you still love it? Or have you “moved on”?.

Well i have MANY memorable moments, but this is one of my favs:

Halo CE: Friday Night, no school, playing by myself for a while

Running around on blood gultch, shooting the magnum over and over until the clip ran out

jumping frolickly, looking at the words on the wall of the cave

And just plain, old Living the life of Halo the right way, having a good time

-Grim
“The Halo Life”

I don’t remember much from Halo CE. I remember I was playing with my cousins once. Me and my cousin Dan were versing my other cousin Chris, and we were getting our -Yoinks!- kicked. Then my cousin says:

“Don’t die, he’s about to get a Running Riot!”

Boom

“RUNNING RIOT!”

I don’t know if it’s THE most memorable moment, but it’s definitely one I still haven’t forgotten: When I learned about the power of the magnum.

It was the second time I played H:CE multiplayer, and the first time we got four people together for FFA split-screen slayer on Hang’em High. One of my friends who’s actually rather bad at FPS games kept owning us like no tomorrow with the pistol. Mind you, back then the rest of us still used the AR or plasma rifle to spray across the map because we had the notion that “the magnum is just a petty sidearm”. Oh boy, were we wrong! =D