What was your most emotional moment in Halo

Hey, as a long time Halo fan, I know my best and worst moments, but I wanted to know the Halo communities opinion on this topic. it doesn’t particularly have to be sad, just a moving moment anywhere in the Halo canon - ie. books, games, tv shows, trailers, etc…

The death of cortana, hands down no comparison. I cried the first few times i watched that, and I still nearly cry when watching it.

> 2535420568109893;2:
> The death of cortana, hands down no comparison. I cried the first few times i watched that, and I still nearly cry when watching it.

that was sad, but I just hate how they brought her back immediately in halo 5, they should have done it more subtle.

> 2533275008931246;3:
> > 2535420568109893;2:
> > The death of cortana, hands down no comparison. I cried the first few times i watched that, and I still nearly cry when watching it.
>
> that was sad, but I just hate how they brought her back immediately in halo 5, they should have done it more subtle.

Or not bring her back at all

> 2535420568109893;2:
> The death of cortana, hands down no comparison. I cried the first few times i watched that, and I still nearly cry when watching it.

I agree. Before that, it was Johnson’s death which was a shock but didn’t have nearly as much of an impact as Cortana’s

The funeral for the Rookie in Halo: New Blood. It was also really sad that right after that Buck’s squad pretty much broke up.

Cortana’s death. (T-T )
Halo 4 was my introduction to the Halo series though, so I was actually kind of disappointed with the previous games. But probably some other examples where I felt pretty emotional was Halo 2, when the giant ship is leaving to go to Earth and John hitches a ride, Halo 3 The whole “when I make a promise” scene, and the ending where John and Cortana prepare to go to sleep, and every single death in Reach.

The most emotional I got about halo was cortana’s death in halo 4. It was the first time I nearly cried about a character’s death since Johnson’s death in halo 3.

Halo 3’s ending.

Either Halo 3’s ending or the end of Halo 4 when Chief says ‘She said that once, about being a machine’.

Lone wolf, seeing yourself die is pretty tough

The major disappointment I experienced while playing the entirety of Halo 4’s campaign.

> 2535464649080366;11:
> Lone wolf, seeing yourself die is pretty tough

I agree

Cortana’s death was pretty bittersweet. Yes, she ended up dying, but she defied her rampancy and fought valiantly to help Chief defeat the Didact.

sigh

Shame that had to ruin that.

mine comes from the books. specifically shadow of intent. that nightmare and the meaning behind it was intense. and when rookie died in new blood :frowning:

Johnson’s death by far was the saddest scene in any game

When cortana died, I knew she lived but it was still pretty sad

When Bungie left…

For me it has to be the terminal of Keys being turned into the proto-Gravemind (Halo Anniversary - Terminal 9: Keyes (Audio Fix) - YouTube)
Him pleading with the gravemind to not erase his memory of Miranda Keys always gets me right in the damn feels

> 2533275004240145;19:
> For me it has to be the terminal of Keys being turned into the proto-Gravemind (Halo Anniversary - Terminal 9: Keyes (Audio Fix) - YouTube)
> Him pleading with the gravemind to not erase his memory of Miranda Keys always gets me right in the damn feels

Oh man, I forgot about that one. That’s both beautiful and horribly disturbing at the same time.