What was your favourite Spartan Ops Episode?

What was your favourite Spartan Ops Episode? Both, overall, in terms of both gameplay and cinematic. Please answer in the poll.

After you’ve done that, please list why you enjoyed the chosen Episode the most and comment on what was your favourite Episode of Gameplay, and Episode of your favourite Cinematic.

I’ll start.

Episode 10 is my favourite Episode of the first Season.

It had both my favourite cinematic and chapters of gameplay, and it was also probably the Episode for me with the least lag and most co-operative teammates. The missions were well-designed IMO, and although pretty much all of the maps were re-used, I didn’t mind at all as the missions and objectives were set up different.

I don’t really have one. Most of it was pushing buttons for the “Lab-coats” (I call them Lab-coats.)
I liked the First cinematic, where Majestic meets Palmer, and then she is all “Ladies and other Spartans, listen up!”…“Some of the old hands know what your in for…” and “If they want to meet their God, it is our duty to help them along!” makes me proud to be a Spartan!

Most hated cutscene, anything with that Glassman guy.

Edit: I chose number 1, but I just remembered the part where Thorne went missing, and Crimson was captured, and the team was tied up on a wall, guarded by two or so Elites. One breaks free thanks to a power outage, assassinates one Elite. My binds break next, and I take down the second Elite. That was awesome!

I hope the Next Season is a bit more like Reach’s campaign!

I prefer 6. It was the first time I had ever played through most of those environments, and the way they were handled (turning on the light bridges in Warrens, having the choice to destroy plasma batteries earlier on Vortex) was really well done. The second half of the season in general was pretty well done (though I feel episodes 8 and 9 fell flat, along with the first two missions of Episode 10), but 6 (7 comes close) was my favorite overall.

I’ll make this short, because posting about Spartan Ops eventually gets me riled up.

<mark>Best Gameplay: Episode 9</mark>
Gameplay: Episode 8, Episode 9, Episode 10
Cinematics: Episode 10
Both: Episode 10 (because of cinematics)

Episode 8 afforded me: tons of enemies I could skip for a bigger, seemingly never ending battle in C1, excellent vehicle combat in C2, Elites with Scattershots and breaking Lancer out of their prison without hitting the switch using the Wraith turret seat in C3, a well-paced firefight in C5

Episode 9 afforded me: Bromethean Commanders in C1, Sentinels vs. Watchers in C1, Hunter stuck in grav lift in C2, Scorpion flip launching out of Apex, Scorpion collection on Apex, a Battlewagon and Commander at the end of C5 (I brought a marine to that encounter and he kicked -Yoink- with the Incineration Cannon. There has never been an opportunity to give a marine the IC), a sword wielding Elite General in C5 (honestly, I miss them. Fuel rod Generals are 30x worse)

Episode 10 afforded me: Harvester (still meh), an out of map in C1 (I saw it in this video, a good reason to replay the level), a potential invasion mission in C2 (botched like TotS, but I can understand since the game’s running on limited hardware), Lich (still meh and the boarding is too convenient), a decent firefight in C3, pretty engaging vehicle combat (especially near the end) in C4, probably the closest to a Campaign mission in C5 (including the short end cinematic which featured my Spartan)

Episode 10, unlike most people I actually liked the ending in the cinematics and the missions were just extremely fun; that level with the Lich and Fireteam Forest was just amazing and the last mission with the changes in gravity were some of the most fun moments that I have had playing Halo 4.

> Episode 10, unlike most people I actually liked the ending in the cinematics and the missions were just extremely fun; that level with the Lich and Fireteam Forest was just amazing and the last mission with the changes in gravity were some of the most fun moments that I have had playing Halo 4.

100% Agreed! :smiley:

I loved running out of that cave thing in the last chapter. That gravity slamming me into walls and the sudden changes were so awesome! Never thought that 343 would have done that!

I also stayed back and didn’t move after reaching the Artifact, and the gravity just made me float in the air LOL. Just wonderful :wink:

First Half of Season 1 : Episode 3
Second Half of Season 1 : Tie between Episode 6 and 10