What was you reaction to the Launch trailer?

Mine was complete and utter shock, then uber excitement then anticipation then a calm ‘oh wow I’m excited’ feeling.

I looked at it on Waypoint, and thought it was a community creation. So at first I was like OMG but I must check. Then it was all like ‘John!’ ‘I’m here…’ boom! jetpack! space-flip! exploding pistol shot! then… the shield world… I. WAS. GOBSMACKED.

How did you react?

Every bodily excrement possible gushing out of every single hole in my body, then collapsing in a heap of disgustingly sticky satisfaction.

…I thought it was neat.

Shock and excitement. After replaying it about 11 times, I went straight to Bungie.net and looked at all the posts of the trailer. I went to bed smiling that night :smiley:

Good thread.

I was watching E3 live on the couch with my girlfriend (who also plays Halo). They said “Oh hey guys, we’re going to leave with a little project Microsoft is working on. No big deal, see you guys later!” I’m sitting here watching the beginning, thinking “Well, it’s probably a new console or something since the Wii U was announced.” Then the heart starts beating and I started to wonder what it was. I sat there watching patiently.

Master Chief threw open the cryo-tube door and Cortana shouted “CHIEF!” I immediately said “What?” out loud and sat forward. I don’t even know what happened then. I probably watched the rest of the trailer in silence with a wide grin on my face. When Halo 4 popped up and the theme rolled, I sat backward, covered my face and started repeating “Oh my god!”

Best. Surprise. Ever, Microsoft. I’m glad I got to see it live (and I wasn’t spoiled by the internet in the morning, so it was fresh to me). I immediately posted to Facebook “HALO 4! HALO 4! HALO F’ING 4!!!” using the real F word instead of F’ing. I’m the only one of my friends who keeps constantly up to date on game news, so I was being the bearer of good news.

It was a Teaser not a Launch trailer

Not surprised at all as it was accidentally revealed on Xbox.com

But still, it was expected to me even before that. But it was nice to see another Halo title was in the making.

> Every bodily excrement possible gushing out of every single hole in my body, then collapsing in a heap of disgustingly sticky satisfaction.
>
> …I thought it was neat.

This

Surprised they finally announced Halo 4 and it was too short.

The trailer
Play by blay

0:03-0:27 What is this supposed to be

0:37 Did I just hear someone say John?

0:40-0:42 No way No way No way!

0:43-end HOLY YOINK! HALO 4!!!

sees link on E3 website
“Aw hell no!!! This is probably fake…”
clicks link, watches first 20 seconds
“Wait, whats this? must be a mistake…”
epic music, MC kicks open cyrotube
“AW HELL YES!!!”
MC continues to do bad–Yoink- things
utter shock
trailer ends

Well they saved it for last. I was looking at the orange trail and the lights then I could have sworn I heard “John”, then I heard it clearer “John!” and my heart skipped, I got goosebumps and then I heard “John, wake up!” then BAM CHIEF!!! I was like OMFGBABIESCOVEREDINBBQ its Halo 4!!! And I was geekin’ out hardcore. I shed a couple tears I not gonna lie.

I was watching the live stream, woke up early and everything and I am so glad I did.

The only good part was when it showed that eye thing at the end sucking in the Chief. Other than that pretty boring.

> Good thread.
>
> I was watching E3 live on the couch with my girlfriend (who also plays Halo). They said “Oh hey guys, we’re going to leave with a little project Microsoft is working on. No big deal, see you guys later!” I’m sitting here watching the beginning, thinking “Well, it’s probably a new console or something since the Wii U was announced.” Then the heart starts beating and I started to wonder what it was. I sat there watching patiently.
>
> Master Chief threw open the cryo-tube door and Cortana shouted “CHIEF!” I immediately said “What?” out loud and sat forward. I don’t even know what happened then. I probably watched the rest of the trailer in silence with a wide grin on my face. When Halo 4 popped up and the theme rolled, I sat backward, covered my face and started repeating “Oh my god!”
>
> Best. Surprise. Ever, Microsoft. I’m glad I got to see it live (and I wasn’t spoiled by the internet in the morning, so it was fresh to me). I immediately posted to Facebook “HALO 4! HALO 4! HALO F’ING 4!!!” using the real F word instead of F’ing. I’m the only one of my friends who keeps constantly up to date on game news, so I was being the bearer of good news.

Your story gives me goosebumps ! :slight_smile:

I heard from a friend " Duude ! Check this out Halo 4!!!" (While the E3)

I was thinking “Oh come on he’s talking trash again…” then I saw the trailer and I was so happyI almost cried. I watched it over and over again and posted it on Facebook as well…

The best news I’ve ever heard… :slight_smile:

Huh, wonder what this is, what did that woman say?, ZOMFGWTFBBQHALO4WANTNOW!!!
(i was watching the live stream of the announcement)

It was like driving the Warthog for the first time all over again.

Whoa, whooaa, whoooooaa… YEHAWWWW!!! WHOOOO!!!

He had me at, “I’m here.”

I didnt really like the trailer that much. Didnt get me that pumped either. But the Concept Art trailer got me really excited for Halo 4 :smiley:

bloody awsome except the jetpack but otherwise i cant wait to see another trailer.

There is no launch trailer…

I remember it well…

E3 2011. That guy had just said that they had a trailer for a new trilogy. I did not know it was Halo at the time. It completely took me by surpise, especially since they had already announced Anniversary.

The funky orange neuron effect kicks in. I’m confused, intriqued.

Then we see the Cryo-Tube and I was all “HOLY CRAP IT’S CHIEFFFF!!!” and he jumps out maginificently.

I was bouncing over the house for the best part of an hour.