What was the veto system?

I see lots of people talking about the vote system vs the veto system from halo 3
But I never really experienced it, since I played only custom games when I was younger (when I played halo 3)

Can someone explain the veto system to me? It’d help me understand the thread about how it should return

It was the system we have now, all randomized maps, but players had the option, ONE time, to reject the map/game mode in the que… majority rule.

It was pretty much the ideal system… It would work great in H5 especially, since the game seems to love to favor particular maps in certain streaks of time.

Veto system – During map selection in multiplayer, a random map would be selected by the system. At this point, any player could choose to veto (vote against) that map. If more than 50% of the Matchmaking lobby vetoed the map, then a new map would be selected at random. Players do not know what future map will be chosen if they cast their veto. This is the benefit of the veto system.

Voting System – Voting allowed the players to cast their vote on a choice of 2 (it was just 2, right?) maps. Instead of blindly casting a veto, they have the choice of one map over another. This led to some maps either rarely or almost never being played at all.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the number of voting options in pregame lobby. Thanks for the corrections :slight_smile:

> 2533274809541057;3:
> Veto system – During map selection in multiplayer, a random map would be selected by the system. At this point, any player could choose to veto (vote against) that map. If more than 50% of the Matchmaking lobby vetoed the map, then a new map would be selected at random. Players do not know what future map will be chosen if they cast their veto. This is the benefit of the veto system.
>
> Voting System – Voting allowed the players to cast their vote on a choice of 2 (it was just 2, right?) maps. Instead of blindly casting a veto, they have the choice of one map over another. This led to some maps either rarely or almost never being played at all.

Reach Had 3 I think? Just looked up youtube videos of halo 4 , and it did have 3 options.
I would also like to point out that some maps were almost always chosen in Halo 4. (Looking at you ragnarok)

Basically a map was chosen and you could veto it to have another one selected at random. It worked well in Halo 3 and was way better then the voting system.

> 2533274809541057;3:
> Veto system – During map selection in multiplayer, a random map would be selected by the system. At this point, any player could choose to veto (vote against) that map. If more than 50% of the Matchmaking lobby vetoed the map, then a new map would be selected at random. Players do not know what future map will be chosen if they cast their veto. This is the benefit of the veto system.
>
> Voting System – Voting allowed the players to cast their vote on a choice of 2 (it was just 2, right?) maps. Instead of blindly casting a veto, they have the choice of one map over another. This led to some maps either rarely or almost never being played at all.

No it was 3 maps in both reach and 4, it was also 3 in MCC.