What was the appeal of the Halo Multiplayer?

When you first experienced the Halo Multiplayer, what was most appealing about it?

Everything

> Everything

Haha. not funny.

Back in CE, LAN parties, friends, good times

> When you first experienced the Halo Multiplayer, what was most appealing about it?

The opportunity to shoot my brother, without going to jail. jus saying…

The weapons.

> Back in CE, LAN parties, friends, good times

What about it though? That has nothing to do with the game.

The fact that the weapons were fun AND worthwhile to use.

Then came Halo 2…

I can say that Halo 2 wasn’t nearly as bad as Reach in terms of weapon viability, though.

> > Back in CE, LAN parties, friends, good times
>
> What about it though? That has nothing to do with the game.

The majority of people here arent that bright.

The appeal for me was everyone starts equally and you need to be smart unlike other shooters.

System Link Multiplayer, Halo CE. Playing ctf and team slayer with my brothers and their friend. I hated their friend so much. He read the books before me, and was constantly “schooling” me about stuff that didn’t even matter! He always said, “You didn’t know that?!” I killed him. I killed him alot.

Then there was Halo 2 online. Man, dual wielding an SMG and a Magnum, and I went to town! Bzzzzzt! Pew Pew!

Halo 3 was where it was at, though. Loved it! I was almost unstoppable.

The sheer size, playability and diversity. I, like many others here, played halo 2 first. What i enjoyed most was it wasnt like other games. I’d played COD, I’d played battlefeild, but nothing really compared to halo. It was a new game with new styles, and new playable levels. It revolutionised games as they are, and nothing will beat how you have to play halo.

I loved everthing about it, The BR, the Elites, the warthog, everything. It was just amazing.

It gave us new creatures, weapons etc. It was all around an experience. That is what halo 2 was, it was an experience. And it is one I will never forget.

> > > Back in CE, LAN parties, friends, good times
> >
> > What about it though? That has nothing to do with the game.
>
> The majority of people here arent that bright.
>
> The appeal for me was everyone starts equally and you need to be smart unlike other shooters.

That was the appeal, a good time with friends. Nothing more, an appreciation for the gameplay came later.

That’s what first attracted me.

> > Everything
>
> Haha. not funny.

Who said I was being funny? Everything about playing halo over LAN and just shooting the crap out of my uncle was alluring to me

The first time I played Halo.
I made a huge deal about how awesome the Warthog was.
The vehicles are my favorite part about Halo multiplayer

• III P u r 3 III -

That…Classical feel. It just felt like something that was fun to do on a late Saturday night with a warm Chicken Pot-pie and a Soda.

Getting it switched on, loading it up, heading into BTB and ALWAYS playing on Standoff with lots of Vehicle fun(:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

So many memories on Sandtrap maps…

Oh, CTF on Valhalla, how I love thee.

Just the crazy fast & crazy fun feeling it had before I got somewhat good and started taking it all seriously…

I didn’t really care much for Halo 2 because I was younger. I just played the game because I thought it was fun.

When I was a bit older and started playing Halo 3 I really loved the incentive and push on winning. I got really intense trying to rank up and I remember those moments like it was yesterday. So competitive and so fun when I wanted to play custom games.

The first time? Well playing with friends of course. After actually getting a chance to learn the game? Messing around with friends in a sandbox game and doing glitches in Campaign. After that? 1-50 and the drive to keep winning games

Easy to pick up, hard to master style of game. I grew up on on Sega/SNES/NES games (90s kid right here) and i always loved the challenge but how inaccessible games were back then. With Halo, the controls and shooting fit like a glove. It was much simpler time back then difficult retro games, 3 shot kill pistols, and…fun.

What keeps me going now is my love for the series and i know (like it or not) it’s going to add things i don’t like. It’s inevitable for a series to change over time but i doubt the core will be removed. I am not going to spout have fai7th or any bash Halo 4 but there are some things i like what i am hearing/seeing and others not so much.

I am going back to 3 and play some TS and catch up on time i didn’t have with the game (thanks to clearwire internet, playing 3 back in the day was impossible) but just like good ol CE or 2, it kept the trademark controls and pick up accessibility.

The notion of a pistol being more powerful then most of the guns in the sandbox when utilized properly.

Vehicles/big maps and strafing.