What to name the next map remake in Halo 4?

I was pleased to hear that Valhalla, one of my favorite Halo 3 maps, would be returning as Ragnarok in Halo 4.

I’m hoping that that future Halo 4 maps packs (DLC) will bring back along a couple more remakes.
That got me thinking… “What would the names of those map remakes be?”

I’ve always enjoyed the way that the names of map remakes are words that related to the original:
Valhalla -> Ragnarok
Wizard -> Warlock
Chill Out -> Cold Storage
Ascension -> Pinnacle

Personally I’d like to see a couple of the classic Halo 2 BTB maps return as remakes (with these as names).

Terminal -> Junction
Containment -> Quarantine

What would you name the next map remake of your choice?

I am very happy that Valhalla has come back, but I was really sad that it was a map that was still playable on the Xbox live.

But those maps with the names you made up would be awesome!

> I am very happy that Valhalla has come back, but I was really sad that it was a map that was still playable on the Xbox live.
>
> But those maps with the names you made up would be awesome!

doesn’t this mean we can be expecting a halo 2 anniversary?!

> > I am very happy that Valhalla has come back, but I was really sad that it was a map that was still playable on the Xbox live.
> >
> > But those maps with the names you made up would be awesome!
>
> doesn’t this mean we can be expecting a halo 2 anniversary?!

That would be

awesome

Sandtrap -> Erosion - because it makes as much sense as remaking Valhalla.

Death Island -> Demise Isle

Not too crazy with the name but I WANT DEATH ISLAND.

There will be 3 map packs for Halo 4, each with 3 maps. This means that there will be 9 additional maps as DLC.

I’d love another remake, but I kind of want new maps because they could suit Halo 4 better and I don’t want remakes to fill up the 9 slots for maps.

> There will be 3 map packs for Halo 4, each with 3 maps. This means that there will be 9 additional maps as DLC.
>
> I’d love another remake, but I kind of want new maps because they could suit Halo 4 better and I don’t want remakes to fill up the 9 slots for maps.

There might be more than 3. Frank said the Season Pass is for the first 3 map packs which makes it seem like there will be at least 4 map packs.

There won’t be any more remakes. Frankie confirmed that.

Sand Trap = ???

I’m drawing a blank guys. Anyone have any ideas?

> There won’t be any more remakes. Frankie confirmed that.

He said there wouldn’t be on launch but that doesn’t mean there won’t be in the map packs.

> Sandtrap -> Erosion - because it makes as much sense as remaking Valhalla.

> I was pleased to hear that Valhalla, one of my favorite Halo 3 maps, would be returning as Ragnarok in Halo 4.
>
> I’m hoping that that future Halo 4 maps packs (DLC) will bring back along a couple more remakes.
> That got me thinking… “What would the names of those map remakes be?”
>
> I’ve always enjoyed the way that the names of map remakes are words that related to the original:
> Valhalla → Ragnarok
> Wizard → Warlock
> Chill Out → Cold Storage
> Ascension → Pinnacle
>
> Personally I’d like to see a couple of the classic Halo 2 BTB maps return as remakes (with these as names).
>
> Terminal → Junction
> Containment → Quarantine
>
> What would you name the next map remake of your choice?

I don’t know where this recent interest in Containment has come from. No one mentioned it after Halo 2 until like a few months ago it seems like. But anyway I totally agree and love that map. Definitely would love a remake of it.

> Sand Trap = ???
>
> I’m drawing a blank guys. Anyone have any ideas?

Gobi Desert (lol)

Seriously though, a glassed sandtrap would be sick, maybe call it Glassed

> Sand Trap = ???
>
> I’m drawing a blank guys. Anyone have any ideas?

water hazard?

> > There will be 3 map packs for Halo 4, each with 3 maps. This means that there will be 9 additional maps as DLC.
> >
> > I’d love another remake, but I kind of want new maps because they could suit Halo 4 better and I don’t want remakes to fill up the 9 slots for maps.
>
> There might be more than 3. Frank said the Season Pass is for the first 3 map packs which makes it seem like there will be at least 4 map packs.

I’d really like more than 3. I’m really hoping for an Xbox 360 Halo 2 remake with a Halo 4 map pack (that would not be counted as one of the 3 Halo 4 map packs). However, I don’t think there will be more than 3 map packs because a lot of sites said, LE comes with access to ALL future Halo 4 maps. However, 343 don’t always mean what they say.

Guardian->Guardian

Antiquity for Relic.

Avalanche -> Whiteout.

Avalanche is probably my favorite large-scale map from Halo 3. It is also the only map I found multi-flag CTF to be enjoyable on.

Didn’t Frankie say that there would be only one actual remake, and that they focusing on mainly new maps?