What to do after SR 130?

After SR 130 what is there to do? Yes the game will still be fun but i think many can agree the meta game of rank also provides lots of fun in a different way. So with the progression system ending at 130, I think a fun way to bring back competitive ranks would be to add the 1-50 system after one reachs SR 130. My system would pretty much solve the many issues that made H3 ranks frustrating while still keeping what many who liked ranks loved.

New accounts
Make it so 1-50 ranks not activated until a player reaches SR-130 - discourages making new accounts for rank.

EDIT- Could also start at SR 50 - the point is just to discourage people from makign new accounts and to give players somethign to do after they cap at 130

"black market" rank selling
make it so that if games are not played in that playlist over 2 months rank decreases by 1 every 2 months of inactivity

Rank system is ambiguous/frustrating
>Make it so EVERY RANK takes 5 wins minus losses to go up.
EX - win 3 games straight then lose one game, now you need 3 wins to make it
to next level or 2 more losses in order to deranks
>Progress tracked the same way XP is in H4.
<mark>A blank XP bar = [OOOOO]</mark>
<mark>XP bar with 2 wins = [XXOOO]</mark>
>1 loss subtracts a win from the bar
<mark>Before loss - [XXOO]…After loss[XOOOO]</mark>
>1 win adds 1 win to your bar
<mark>Before win- [XXOOO]…After win[XXXOO]</mark>

Derankers
Ranks are locked within a 10 level spread.
EXAMPLE - If you are 32 the most you can derank from losses is 22.

Generally just hate ranks
Option on waypoint or H4 for all ranks and stats to be hidden from public view.
Also prevents you from seeing other people’s ranks
Option on waypoint to not allow messages from recent players

How are players matched

• or - 5 from your numerical rank, just like Halo 3

would this not fix all the issues everyone had with ranking?

cant seem to see any downsides…

It didn’t work there is a valid reason, i could never get pass 37 even if I won loads of games…

Love #1. LOVE it.

> It didn’t work there is a valid reason, i could never get pass 37 even if I won loads of games…

> Updated OP for you

Rank system is ambiguous/frustrating
>Make it so EVERY RANK takes 5 wins minus losses to go up.
EX - win 3 games straight then lose one game, now you need 3 wins to make it
to next level or 2 more losses in order to deranks
>Progress tracked the same way XP is in H4.
>1 loss subtracts a win from the bar
<mark>Before loss - [XXXOO]…After loss[XXOOO]</mark>
>1 win adds 1 win to your bar
<mark>Before win- [XXXOO]…After win[XXXXO]</mark>

> Love #1. LOVE it.

I think we can all agree 130 will soon be coming for many and this would be a cool way to fix a problem with 1-50, making new accounts, and fix the problem of reaching max progression rank in H4

I like your ideas. They seem to work…

Or, we could not have a cap on a rank system, and just have people duke it out over the highest rank achieved by the top player, instead of dealing with all the BS that your ideas come with.

Degrading is a bad idea due to the possibility of a good player ranking down to lower skilled players looking for a good match. Locking people out who do not have all the time in the world to play Halo to 130 is not good idea as well since that will shut people out of ranks, and make the population too small for it to be accurate.

Get rid of the cap, and you lose player’s incentive to boost and make it easier to moderate. Also, it would bring back what Halo 2’s system was trying to do: Have only the community keep players in check, and have an incentive to stay on 1 account.

> > Love #1. LOVE it.
>
> thanks :slight_smile:
>
> I think we can all agree 130 will soon be coming for many and this would be a cool way to fix a problem with 1-50, making new accounts, and fix the problem of reaching max progression rank in H4

I can’t imagine they won’t put some kind of prestige system in. Maybe new unlockables (armor, skins, etc) if you do 1-50 and all specializations again.

I like your ideas though.

I don’t play to win in Halo 4. There’s no point in winning when there’s no ranking system and now when I’m 130 there’s even less reason.

Um no I don’t want to have to play this game a lot just to get a ranking system. This defeats the purpose as I hope that the ranking system will make the game MORE enjoyable, not force me to rank up an extra 50 levels just so I can get the opportunity to MAYBE enjoy it.

> Or, we could not have a cap on a rank system, and just have people duke it out over the highest rank achieved by the top player, instead of dealing with all the BS that your ideas come with.
>
> What BS does my rank cause? Also I see no problem with the progression SR system to keep going up, or a system where one can “prestige” but it just resets to 1, the player keeps all their stuff, but they get a new emblem behind their number rank
>
>
> Degrading is a bad idea due to the possibility of a good player ranking down to lower skilled players looking for a good match. Locking people out who do not have all the time in the world to play Halo to 130 is not good idea as well since that will shut people out of ranks, and make the population too small for it to be accurate.
>
> Well then the deranking could limit only a derank or 5 levels below their max, to prevent this. So it would be just like how sometimes in Halo 3 a team of 45’s would match a team of 47’s or 50’s
>
>
> Well ok, How about 1-50 becomes available at SR 50, a rank pretty much everyone has already hit, either way it will still do its job at discouraging new accounts.
>
>
> Get rid of the cap, and you lose player’s incentive to boost and make it easier to moderate. Also, it would bring back what Halo 2’s system was trying to do: Have only the community keep players in check, and have an incentive to stay on 1 account.

Good points brought up! :smiley:

> Um no I don’t want to have to play this game a lot just to get a ranking system. This defeats the purpose as I hope that the ranking system will make the game MORE enjoyable, not force me to rank up an extra 50 levels just so I can get the opportunity to MAYBE enjoy it.

Well at SR59 and the game only being 1 month old you are already half way there :slight_smile:

The start of the ranking system could be at SR 50 as well, the point is to just discourage making new accounts. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to gain something.

Know what I mean :smiley:

Yeah the replay quality of this game sucks. You need 1-50 or some type of ranking system to keep on playing.

OP it says you haven’t started your Halo 4 career yet? Or is this a different account

> > Um no I don’t want to have to play this game a lot just to get a ranking system. This defeats the purpose as I hope that the ranking system will make the game MORE enjoyable, not force me to rank up an extra 50 levels just so I can get the opportunity to MAYBE enjoy it.
>
> Well at SR59 and the game only being 1 month old you are already half way there :slight_smile:
>
>
> The start of the ranking system could be at SR 50 as well, the point is to just discourage making new accounts. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to gain something.
>
> Know what I mean :smiley:

Yeah, because my friend gave me about forty matches of double xp.
I don’t see the problem in making new accounts, really.

> OP it says you haven’t started your Halo 4 career yet? Or is this a different account

Probably different account.

> 1- When you add a cap, the ranks become less accurate, especially if the system skips ranks in an attempt to find the appropriate skill level for the player. This is definetly true for 50s in Halo 3 since players can easily boost 50s in about 30 games or less. This causes grief for those in the middle because of the system.
>
> By removing the cap, players in the middle of the curve will stay about the same on average until they learn, get better and progress past that particular area, and add an incentive for those to continue to play ranked on one account should that account naturally degrade due to players passing that account.
>
>
> 2- Degrading shouldn’t be the answer in my opinion. All that would do is punish players below him. It’s like taking pain medication for an injury that needs surgery. The problem is not going to get fixed, and will naturally get bigger as time moves on and players play other games.
>
> 3- They should be available at SR-1. If they are not good, you shouldn’t see them(assuming the system will actually do its job, compared to Reach) for long on new playlists.
>
>
> The community should keep each other down, not a system of any sort. The system should just pair people up of similar skill together, not seperate them. At the same time, it should have an incentive for players of all levels playing, instead of ending at 50. Skill does not end at a particular level. Therefore, a ranking system should reflect that.

> > > Um no I don’t want to have to play this game a lot just to get a ranking system. This defeats the purpose as I hope that the ranking system will make the game MORE enjoyable, not force me to rank up an extra 50 levels just so I can get the opportunity to MAYBE enjoy it.
> >
> > Well at SR59 and the game only being 1 month old you are already half way there :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > The start of the ranking system could be at SR 50 as well, the point is to just discourage making new accounts. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to gain something.
> >
> > Know what I mean :smiley:
>
> Yeah, because my friend gave me about forty matches of double xp.
> I don’t see the problem in making new accounts, really.

Honestly neither do I.

But many people do see a problem with making new accounts. This is a compramise and is intended to protect newer players from being discouraged from playing/loving halo because when they go into MM they get rofl stomped by 50’s who get bored and make new accounts.

Think of it as buying a game to try out and then when you play it it will randomly switch from Normal mode to insane Hard mode. It gets frustrating and turns many players off.

I’m not sure, but they need to do something, which I’m sure they will. Because after a month or two, the majority of the people that actively play this game will be past SR130.