what the HALO 4 map editor should be.

In 2008 a game achieved something that people thought wasn’t possible for xbox 360 but for some reason other game studios did not catch on.

in 2010 there was halo reach forge but it was nothing like this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

now its 2012 and still there’s nothing else like it for console games?
the tec is there why cant they use it??

thoughts?

Because Halo is a very different style of game to far cry. An editor for Halo seems like it would be much harder to make.

Also FC3’s out this year :open_mouth:

> In 2008 a game achieved something that people thought wasn’t possible for xbox 360 but for some reason other game studios did not catch on.
>
> in 2010 there was halo reach forge but it was nothing like this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg
>
> now its 2012 and still there’s nothing else like it for console games?
> the tec is there why cant they use it??
>
>
>
>
> thoughts?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________________________
> A good player wins 1v1, a great player avoids one. -LUNCH BOX

Fake signature is fake…

Simply because halo does it best, for console anyway. Developers have shied away from it because is takes a lot more work to create a good map editor on consoles then it does on pc.

You’ve got my support for your ideals. You seem to be the kind of thinker Halo needs.
I’ve always wanted to personally create my own maps and show them off to my friends, it would be great for Machinima and if you’re a creative person, this is you’re heaven. I’m thinking of buying FC because the editor in the game.

The map editor should be more similar to this.

halo 3 came out in 2007 not 2008

No thanks, I prefer Forge the way it is. Forge is great because the physics occur in real-time, there’s a seamless transition between edit and player mode, and it’s multi-player. You would lose those if a terrain editor was added.

> The map editor should be more similar to this.

i have been saying something similar for a long time now, they should just give us their editor and make a way for us to port our content from our PC’s to our Xbox. and before you ask why not just have it on the xbox??? simply cause its much easier to use on the PC and less work for them to try and get their entire editor on the Xbox.