what the blam is up with the bullet magnetism

i mean SERIOUSLY remove ALL bullet magnetism and return back to aim magnetism, seriously.

here ar eosme clips of what is wrong with bullet magnetism that is utter crap.
http://xboxclips.com/Atom+Alchemist/fbce0b8a-527b-4aa6-ab60-090e8db3a704

http://xboxclips.com/Atom+Alchemist/02a4231f-e9a8-478b-bef6-ec1d253c745c

http://xboxclips.com/Atom+Alchemist/f11cddde-8072-48a6-a387-9addaf9006a7

Support, bullet magnetism is stupid and lazy

NB4 “Killcams are innacurate” excuse.

I support returning to aim assist rather than bullet magnetism. When I shoot there doesn’t appear to be the same problems that killcams show. I have to aim pretty well to get a good shot on someone, but I do notice a very large amount of magnetism nonetheless. I shouldn’t aim at someone’s back thrusters and get a headshot. You also can’t out-strafe BR bullet magnetism because the bullets follow you of their own accord and not that of the person’s aim. You can’t defend against something that automatically and instantly tracks your body. The only way do defeat someone is to get the first shot in 99% of engagements. I’ve only gotten he “Reversal” medal when randomly spraying bullets in close quarters, not that I truly outplayed someone.

It is the killcams. Tell me. Have YOU ever gotten a kill like that? Notice these videos are always from the killcam perspective, and killcams are already known to be complete -Yoink-.

> 2533274866409577;4:
> It is the killcams. Tell me. Have YOU ever gotten a kill like that? Notice these videos are always from the killcam perspective, and killcams are already known to be complete -Yoink-.

I’ve gotten a headshot with the sniper and my crosshair was nowhere near the guys head. I won’t chalk it up to lag because there was no delay in the shot and it was registered on him right away. There is definitely something going on between the aim assist, bullet magnetism and shooting in general that isn’t right.

It’s not the Kill Cams!

I get kills all the time because of bullet magnetism. Look, this crap isn’t because of the Kill Cams or lag; it works both ways, and honestly, it’s really sloppy.

> 2533274823601925;5:
> > 2533274866409577;4:
> > It is the killcams. Tell me. Have YOU ever gotten a kill like that? Notice these videos are always from the killcam perspective, and killcams are already known to be complete -Yoink-.
>
>
> I’ve gotten a headshot with the sniper and my crosshair was nowhere near the guys head. I won’t chalk it up to lag because there was no delay in the shot and it was registered on him right away. There is definitely something going on between the aim assist, bullet magnetism and shooting in general that isn’t right.

Oddly I think you are both right based off my experiences. Scroface is right, you cannot take the killcams seriously. they are inaccurate. Nobody is getting kills by shooting like you see in the kill-cams. I have never gotten a kill like that, have you?

On the other side though, my5dollar is right too. I have definitely gotten headshots with the sniper and BR where i actually hit them in the chest, elbow, or right next to their head. Though not nearly as far away as those videos would have you believe, it was maybe a few pixels, not a few centimeters.

I think there is a problem that is a combination of the bullet magnetism and the hitboxes. I think if they are both adjusted a little, it would make a big difference hit registration accuracy.

Bullet magnetism is the worst. I’d much rather have aim magnetism. The problem with bullet magnetism as opposed to aim magnetism is that bullet magnetism never explains when your accurately shooting. Aim magnetism is basically saying, ‘well your aim is close enough so we’ll pinpoint the detail but you know your shots will land if you fire now.’ Bullet magnetism makes the entire thing a crapshoot because there’s no visual feedback as to when you’re accurately aimed up.

But I’m a noob and it helps me out! Thanks, 343! Pre-ordered!

The reason why this’s not discussed much is that people are busy discussing other more obvious aspects of the game, like SA’s, that they don’t realize how important this is.

I agree that bullet magnetism in this game is too much, and so are the hit boxes. I’d take aim assist over bullet magnetism any day of the week.

> 2533274823601925;5:
> > 2533274866409577;4:
> > It is the killcams. Tell me. Have YOU ever gotten a kill like that? Notice these videos are always from the killcam perspective, and killcams are already known to be complete -Yoink-.
>
>
> I’ve gotten a headshot with the sniper and my crosshair was nowhere near the guys head. I won’t chalk it up to lag because there was no delay in the shot and it was registered on him right away. There is definitely something going on between the aim assist, bullet magnetism and shooting in general that isn’t right.

Agreed. I’m not particularly effective with sniper rifle until I started playing the H5 beta. I’m pulling snapshots and other quick head shots with the sniper out of my -Yoink- now, and I can guarantee that for a significant proportion of these shots, my crosshair was not close to the guys head and would have 100% been a miss (or maybe a body shot) in previous Halo installments.

I agree that bullet magnetism should not be a part of the game. I understand the reasoning behind aim assist but at least that’s something that can be turned off. The main reason I’m against bullet magnetism is because I feel like it cheapens the experience for more experienced players. I consider myself a veteran Halo gamer and I think I’m pretty good (I’m humble, I know) but bullet magnetism makes me wonder how many of my kills were actually because of my skill as opposed to just a kill rewarded to me by an in-game system that was intended to help newer players. I say newer players because I can’t think of any other reason as to why bullet magnetism needs to be a thing.

Until someone can come up with a video like this one for Halo 5 that clearly portrays the magnitude of bullet magetism, any claims about the amount of bullet magnetism in Halo 5 are unsubstantiated. Any kill cam videos and in-match clips are meaningless because they don’t show what’s going on, and are prone to lag.

> 2533274973373704;10:
> The reason why this’s not discussed much is that people are busy discussing other more obvious aspects of the game, like SA’s, that they don’t realize how important this is.
>
> I agree that bullet magnetism in this game is too much, and so are the hit boxes. I’d take aim assist over bullet magnetism any day of the week.

What you mean by bullet magnetism and hit boxes are very likely the exact same thing. In all the most recent Halos, the actual hit box is precisely the same as the player model, and there is no reason to expect it to be different in Halo 5.

Aim assist and bullet magnetism are used in tandem to provide an experience that feels reasonable. There is no “aim assist or bullet magnetism”. Both should be applied in appropriate amounts to provide an experience doesn’t feel unresponsive, but makes aiming challenging. Disregarding either of them will lead to a bad experience.

This is another killcam video… Which means you do not trust killcam videos.
And many of you are sure this doesn’t coincide with matches that have players obviously very far from the data-centre they are playing on?

> 2533274973373704;10:
> The reason why this’s not discussed much is that people are busy discussing other more obvious aspects of the game, like SA’s, that they don’t realize how important this is.
>
> I agree that bullet magnetism in this game is too much, and so are the hit boxes. I’d take aim assist over bullet magnetism any day of the week.

Aim assist is almost always meant to mean bullet magnetism… And that is only a partial truth.

Aim assists in Halo have 4 parts:

1. Bullet magnetism: bullets bending, or in hitscan cases, bullets hitting within a large reticle instead of always dead centre.
  2. Reticle friction/acceleration: the amount of which a reticle slows down when red.
  3. Reticle drag/snapping: the amount of influence of a player pulling a red reticle.
  4. Tether: the time and/or distance to which a reticle will maintain its assists once activated but no longer on the enemy.

Hitboxes are also practically no different than previous titles. Meaning it’s actually easier to hit a target at the far end of the red reticles than it is within melee range AND they are not drastically larger than visually seen.

Tether with/and server data desyncronization are two things that will cause what appears to be magic bullets BUT at no point is Halo5 designed to be more “noobified” than Halo2’s assists which allow for some very inaccurate YET still precise shooting.

As tsassi stated above, each Halo involves its on unique combination to create a similar experience.

Does anyone have a video similar to what tsassi posted, but with Halo 5?

Maybe we can see if there is more with that.

I too felt something was up. I got too many perfect 4sk. Felt very… Halo 4ish in that aspect. Not a good thing.

Really? Because when I sniped at people with the sniper, I missed when it was less than a foot away.

> 2533274826534201;16:
> I too felt something was up. I got too many perfect 4sk. Felt very… Halo 4ish in that aspect. Not a good thing.

Try giving us some actual video of this if you have it. Anecdotes are not gonna help push this discussion further, especially when your experience is prone to the placebo effect. You could very well just be stronger in halo 5 than of other earlier halos.

> 2533274968707582;18:
> > 2533274826534201;16:
> > I too felt something was up. I got too many perfect 4sk. Felt very… Halo 4ish in that aspect. Not a good thing.
>
>
> Try giving us some actual video of this if you have it. Anecdotes are not gonna help push this discussion further, especially when your experience is prone to the placebo effect. You could very well just be stronger in halo 5 than of other earlier halos.

I have no footage as bringing up the record menu is a pain (screw the kinect). Placebo effect? I was specifically looking for how strong the magnetism was in the beta as I felt from my first day of playing 4 that it was too prevalent and wanted to see if it was as strong. I was thinking this befoe reading this thread or even discussing the beta on these forums. Also unless id gotten better during my last year of not playing Halo (mass effect 3s mp had me by the balls and H4 blew), I doubt it was that I was ‘stronger’ in 5.

Obviously since there was no option for custom games in the beta and nobody was kind enough to stand still and let me test it, I have no data to analyze or share here. Hence my use of the words feel and felt. I ‘felt’ it was strong. I am of the opinion it was strong. This forum is to discuss the game. Opinions based on anecdotal evidence and ones feelings are a large part of what this site is about. Hell, judging by the abundance of threads focused solely on sprint and the seemingly inability for anyone to agree on it, Id say MOST of whats posted here is anecdotes and opinions.

Tho I have no data to support my views, what I do have is 10 years of experience playing Halo. And in that 10 years I have learned what I can and cant do. Part of what I cant do is land perfect 4sk’s with the frequency that I did in the beta. Well, in H4 I could. Thus why I sai it felt H4ish. I know, I know, those damn feelings again! So many feels, much anecdote!

Now, wether it was truly bullet mag or some other variable such as enemy players lacking thumbs, I cant say for certain. Ill know for sure when the full game drops and I can test it. And hoo boy, am i gunna be testing things! But for now I feel it was bullet mag.

> 2533274973373704;10:
>

i like how they call them SA"S they are obviously AA’s