What Starting Loadout Do You Want in H5?

I know that there is a thread for this, but I feel like it would be easier to track the favorite loadout in a poll. Also by the meaning of “other” I don’t mean stupid responses like “Splaser and RL” because thats obviously not going to happen

BR/magnum would be my preferred. But too many people would whine about it. AR/BR for compromise.

AR magnum worked best in the Beta, and this is coming from a guy who far and away had way more BR kills than any other weapon. This is the first Halo that I think I prefer AR Magnum starts.

SMG/Pistol for FFA and Breakout with one frag grenade
For the rest Ar/Pistol with two frag grenades except modes like team snipers etc

DMR/AR is my preferred load-out for those casual game types, but anything with a DMR as my main and I’m good.

BR is precise and AR is inconsistent. So the probable choice is clear, but we all know what the new community wants…

Covenant Carbine

AR/Magnum is the most balanced and promotes map movement. And in Halo 5 it finally isn’t useless.

> 2533274813499353;6:
> BR is precise and AR is inconsistent. So the probable choice is clear, but we all know what the new community wants…

New community? Last time I checked even alot of the old community thinks ar/magnum starts are for the better. Honestly though stop assuming all the older players want br starts, because that’s not true.

> 2732317809650829;3:
> AR magnum worked best in the Beta, and this is coming from a guy who far and away had way more BR kills than any other weapon. This is the first Halo that I think I prefer AR Magnum starts.

Yes I have to agree. From someone who had 1000+ BR kills in the beta. AR/Pistol worked the best. Week two of the beta with BR/AR was god aweful. AR/pistol starts allows the whole sandbox to be used and creates a balance we haven’t seen in a Halo game yet

AR/Magnum, it would work well in 4v4 matches.

Sentinel Beam Energy Sword.

I feel like it should be ‘Magnum/AR’ haha

The Magnum is a fantastic shallow-mag utility weapon, a confident player can challenge every other non-power weapon in the sandbox in a duel no matter the range, which is what a spawn weapon needs. Other than that, the precision rifles, the assault rifles and the subby are all more usable at their respective ranges, a subtle way of giving them more “power” or usefulness. Thankfully the sandbox is balanced and diverse and the changes to aim assist, hit detection and bullet magnetism all combine into a succulent package.

It might be the first halo game where someone can yell “get out AR’d” non-ironically.

Assault Rifle, and Magnum all the way. Both are great starting weapons, especially the Magnum. As a precision weapon, you should be able to get a few kills with it, and kill someone who’s using a Battle Rifle if you’re quick enough.

Ar/Magnum was actually effective in the beta. BR should stay as a pick up. A tier 2 weapon should not be a starting weapon. Plus people actually had to move around the map instead of just sitting across the map shooting at each other.

I don’t care that much, actually. The extreme polarization AR vs BR starts seem to have is really interesting though.

$PNKR/Sword should be sufficient for me.

Plasma pistols only. Let’s get some paintball going on

BR magnum. They’ve said they’re making a competitive halo game, so putting the AR in is going against their word. Keep that -Yoink- for action sack and warzone.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

_____