What small gimmicks should be in Halo 4?

I know a lot of you including myself are a little bored of hearing people complain about sprint, AA’s, playlists, etc. so I wanted to hear the community talk about some small gimmicks that should be in Halo 4. By small gimmicks i mean things that make Halo better but do not affect gameplay. For example folders for maps, photos, game modes, and films to make it easier to organize your stuff, rewind in films, better DLC integration, and better booting system.

No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.

> In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something “stand out” from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use.

> No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.

i think you misread my post i said that what i meant by small gimmicks were things that are in the game but not when you are actually playing just small things that make Halo that much better. An example was the voting system in reach, or greater customization.

> > No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.
>
> i think you misread my post i said that what i meant by small gimmicks were things that are in the game but not when you are actually playing just small things that make Halo that much better. An example was the voting system in reach, or greater customization.

How is the voting system a gimmick itself?

Maybe have a… Baby

> > > No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.
> >
> > i think you misread my post i said that what i meant by small gimmicks were things that are in the game but not when you are actually playing just small things that make Halo that much better. An example was the voting system in reach, or greater customization.
>
> How is the voting system a gimmick itself?

it was something Bungie changed to make Halo that little bit more enjoyable yes it was a very small thing that they added but it was a cool feature, that’s what I’m trying to get at with this post

> > > > No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.
> > >
> > > i think you misread my post i said that what i meant by small gimmicks were things that are in the game but not when you are actually playing just small things that make Halo that much better. An example was the voting system in reach, or greater customization.
> >
> > How is the voting system a gimmick itself?
>
> it was something Bungie changed to make Halo that little bit more enjoyable yes it was a very small thing that they added but it was a cool feature, that’s what I’m trying to get at with this post

But voting has a purpose… so it isn’t a gimmick.

A gimmick would be the Kinect function they had in Halo: CE Anniversary. It served no real purpose, but it was a feature that was unique to CEA.

> > > > > No gimmicks, give us core Halo triology gameplay.
> > > >
> > > > i think you misread my post i said that what i meant by small gimmicks were things that are in the game but not when you are actually playing just small things that make Halo that much better. An example was the voting system in reach, or greater customization.
> > >
> > > How is the voting system a gimmick itself?
> >
> > it was something Bungie changed to make Halo that little bit more enjoyable yes it was a very small thing that they added but it was a cool feature, that’s what I’m trying to get at with this post
>
> But voting has a purpose… so it isn’t a gimmick.
>
> A gimmick would be the Kinect function they had in Halo: CE Anniversary. It served no real purpose, but it was a feature that was unique to CEA.

technically that did have a purpose, its purpose was for people to be able to find info on objects in the game. Everything they add to the game is going to have a purpose even the small things.

Core Halo gameplay is boring. Give me a Nuclear Rocket launcher pl0x.

Being able to turn off gravity would be fun.

Hehe… I got a stupid gimmick for ya…

Sprint

> Hehe… I got a stupid gimmick for ya…
>
> Sprint

Ohhhhhh Navg123 you know how to put a joke about sprint in everything don’t ya XD

> > Hehe… I got a stupid gimmick for ya…
> >
> > Sprint
>
> Ohhhhhh Navg123 you know how to put a joke about sprint in everything don’t ya XD

I try <3

well i think we should just do the same as halo 3 you know start from where we left off no new stuff except a new skull: Turning All Elites Into Purple & Pink Dinosaurs

Guys, THATS NOT WHAT HE MEANT BY GIMMICK!

That said, i would like the style of helmet you wear have an effect on the visor. Like if i wear an ODST helmet, i want ma damn ODST visor. I dont mean like, smaller screens for people who have the really thin visored helemets, just small little things. Like the colour/style of the visor.

> Guys, THATS NOT WHAT HE MEANT BY GIMMICK!
>
> That said, i would like the style of helmet you wear have an effect on the visor. Like if i wear an ODST helmet, i want ma damn ODST visor. I dont mean like, smaller screens for people who have the really thin visored helemets, just small little things. Like the colour/style of the visor.

How would you define ‘gimmick’?

I’d define it as something that adds no real value or substance. That said, sprint is a perfect candidate. What can sprint do that faster movement speeds can’t?

I hope no one interprets this light debate as a fist-fight and calls 911.

I define gimmick as something forced into the game, just so they can say “wow look at the cool new features” even though the gimmicks end up doing nothing, or being horrible such as AA’s.

Going by the OP definition however, I would like to be able to view people’s fileshares in matchmaking again. I loved going through all the funny pictures people made :]