What should we do with players that are AFC. Team killers, Free kills

I hope that 343 hears me out on this, but I am sick and tired of bad kids in Matchmaking. Why should I get 24 kills in Slayer to see on the scoreboard one of my teammates are 0 or worse… negative kills. Why should I work to protect one of the players running into the middle of the map to give free kills? In my opinion, we should have an option on the scoreboard or start menu in mid-game to be able to “Vote for removal (or boot)” if a player is not playing full potential. There will be a game where you have a no life kid walk away from his/ her controller and leave the player mid game. Or they will keep shooting their teammates for power weapons, or just walk into the other team’s base and let them kill him/her. There should be an option (like I said earlier) to vote someone out of the game. It should be if the majority of the team votes (the same way they do votes for maps) the person should be removed. This option is in many other games and I love that option. Some people would say it is not fair because if someone that tries really hard to do good but isn’t that good will just keep getting booted then that should be a sign that that player should find a few friends to go in the game with so they don’t get booted. I play in the MLG playlist and I get stuck with players like this all the time and I’m getting sick and tired of it. So I should be able to vote off the player with the rest of the team. If the majority of the team votes the player off it should have a small countdown to warn the player they are getting booted. IF THEY GET BOOTED, 343 should make it that they do not get banned from MM like they would if they just quit. (only to make it fair for the weaker players). Please if anyone has their opinion on this to share but I feel like this would be a great option for players… atleast in playlists that count (Arena, MLG, etc)

Thank you for your time,
Randomize

@MLGRandomize

The second you used “bad kid” all validity was lost from your thread.

Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.

> The second you used “bad kid” all validity was lost from your thread.

> The second you used “bad kid” all validity was lost from your thread.

> Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.

This. It would be the most abused feature ever introduced.

They need to tighten the banhammer for afk players. Personally, I think the resets were justified, but all it did was change the approach to afk-ing. Now players get a single kill, then go hide. By doing this they circumvent the hammer completely.

For bad teammates in MM, there is only one solution… get a full party. You can also change your search preferences to match your skill. However, there’s no accounting for player behavior. You can’t stop some one if they decided to act like an idiot. All you can do, is treat it like a spam post. Report it and move on.

So you’re suggesting the top performers should get an option to boot someone from the party if you feel their performance wasn’t up to par? That doesn’t sound fair in the slightest.

If you don’t a particular player on your team, then you should quit and find another party. If you’re already partied up with friends then that one person will be removed from your team when you leave.

To be honest, AFCers (as most don’t have a keyboard plugged into their 360 like I do) are a reason I have about 200 betrayals or so. Just can’t help it sometimes. I hate spawning in the same predictable area, so sometimes it must be mixed up.

> > Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.
>
> This. It would be the most abused feature ever introduced.
>
> They need to tighten the banhammer for afk players. Personally, I think the resets were justified, but all it did was change the approach to afk-ing. Now players get a single kill, then go hide. By doing this they circumvent the hammer completely.
>
> For bad teammates in MM, there is only one solution… get a full party. You can also change your search preferences to match your skill. However, there’s no accounting for player behavior. You can’t stop some one if they decided to act like an idiot. All you can do, is treat it like a spam post. Report it and move on.

Actually, there is ONE other solution. Bad teamates are often prone to quit no? So match players based on there quit percentages!

Although I admit, I’d pity those with bad connections.

Play left 4 dead or left 4 dead 2. Both have vote to boot options, so all of the time you have to worry about some guy being an idiot and booting you.

> > > Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.
> >
> > This. It would be the most abused feature ever introduced.
> >
> > They need to tighten the banhammer for afk players. Personally, I think the resets were justified, but all it did was change the approach to afk-ing. Now players get a single kill, then go hide. By doing this they circumvent the hammer completely.
> >
> > For bad teammates in MM, there is only one solution… get a full party. You can also change your search preferences to match your skill. However, there’s no accounting for player behavior. You can’t stop some one if they decided to act like an idiot. All you can do, is treat it like a spam post. Report it and move on.
>
> Actually, there is ONE other solution. Bad teamates are often prone to quit no? So match players based on there quit percentages!
>
> Although I admit, I’d pity those with bad connections.

Sometimes. It happens rarely, but it does happen. In matches where people are being foolish, I’ll stick it out, or leave. Post match, submit a player review. I hardly ever see some one again after that. The system works, so long as you use it frequently. If you’re only using it sporadically, then of course you can expect mixed results.

We should take the AFKers…

AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!

dude i hear you on that but my idea was if the guys have a history of team kills or lack of playing they should be rated and placed in there own room with players like them and leave people who do play and want to win with each other. later if that player works on team playing can earn his way back into rooms with the better players.

> > > > Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.
> > >
> > > This. It would be the most abused feature ever introduced.
> > >
> > > They need to tighten the banhammer for afk players. Personally, I think the resets were justified, but all it did was change the approach to afk-ing. Now players get a single kill, then go hide. By doing this they circumvent the hammer completely.
> > >
> > > For bad teammates in MM, there is only one solution… get a full party. You can also change your search preferences to match your skill. However, there’s no accounting for player behavior. You can’t stop some one if they decided to act like an idiot. All you can do, is treat it like a spam post. Report it and move on.
> >
> > Actually, there is ONE other solution. Bad teamates are often prone to quit no? So match players based on there quit percentages!
> >
> > Although I admit, I’d pity those with bad connections.
>
> Sometimes. It happens rarely, but it does happen. In matches where people are being foolish, I’ll stick it out, or leave. Post match, submit a player review. I hardly ever see some one again after that. The system works, so long as you use it frequently. If you’re only using it sporadically, then of course you can expect mixed results.

Have to agree. When I play against a bunch of (insert annoyance here), I just push through til the end of the match and Avoid. Simple as that. You’ll see little difference when you start doing it but keep it on a regular basis and I will guarantee you’ll get some better opponents/teams.

> dude i hear you on that but my idea was if the guys have a history of team kills or lack of playing they should be rated and placed in there own room with players like them and leave people who do play and want to win with each other. later if that player works on team playing can earn his way back into rooms with the better players.

lol this reminds me of the George Carlin bit about what to do with Morons, Idiots, D-bags, etc. I’d be all for it except you’re still giving these goobers carte blanche at their own rooms. It would just be the filtering them out that would probably gum up matchmaking any more than it does.

Nothing. I say let them be.

:slight_smile:

I have a very simple solution. Turn off friendly fire. I’m tired of getting booted because of splattering people who jump in the way, blowing up people who jump on my grenades ect.

ok well then how does this sound. If someone is AFC for more than 2 minutes there should be an option to boot them off. If someone has a history of betrayals and quits, they should have the boot option. I understand how people got offended by me saying “bad kid” but seriously if you know you’re not the best don’t go into things that are really competitive like Arena or MLG. I play halo for MLG so I’m not going to switch over to LFD1 r 2. (never liked the game personally but that’s besides the point) Otherwise, I feel if someone is going Neg kills in a game or is not playing there should be a booting. And like others missed a few words I said Ill put it in quotes and caps for you. “IF THEY GET BANNED THEY SHOULD NOT! GET THE PENALTY OF QUITING A GAME AND BEING BANNED FOR 10 MIN FROM MM” just so people know that I said that. But otherwise I know I expressed this from a competitive gamers PoV but I played with plenty of people that play halo for fun that still have the same feeling as me.

> > > > > Do you realize just how bad a “vote to boot” option would be? So a group of idiots go on Reach, get this new feature. Get into a match with one guy. They vote to boot him for no reason other than because of the fact that they are selfish jerks. And no doubt that poor guy who got booted will also get the standard punishments of leaving a game on top of it.
> > > >
> > > > This. It would be the most abused feature ever introduced.
> > > >
> > > > They need to tighten the banhammer for afk players. Personally, I think the resets were justified, but all it did was change the approach to afk-ing. Now players get a single kill, then go hide. By doing this they circumvent the hammer completely.
> > > >
> > > > For bad teammates in MM, there is only one solution… get a full party. You can also change your search preferences to match your skill. However, there’s no accounting for player behavior. You can’t stop some one if they decided to act like an idiot. All you can do, is treat it like a spam post. Report it and move on.
> > >
> > > Actually, there is ONE other solution. Bad teamates are often prone to quit no? So match players based on there quit percentages!
> > >
> > > Although I admit, I’d pity those with bad connections.
> >
> > Sometimes. It happens rarely, but it does happen. In matches where people are being foolish, I’ll stick it out, or leave. Post match, submit a player review. I hardly ever see some one again after that. The system works, so long as you use it frequently. If you’re only using it sporadically, then of course you can expect mixed results.
>
> Have to agree. When I play against a bunch of (insert annoyance here), I just push through til the end of the match and Avoid. Simple as that. You’ll see little difference when you start doing it but keep it on a regular basis and I will guarantee you’ll get some better opponents/teams.

Here’s the thing. I have been doing that… But still get matched with dumb___es and I’m sick of it. I just don’t like the booting system in this game. If someone gets betrayed there should be a team vote off not just the person who got betrayed cause it could be an accident. Otherwise I get stuck with the BKs all the time.

> I have a very simple solution. Turn off friendly fire. I’m tired of getting booted because of splattering people who jump in the way, blowing up people who jump on my grenades ect.

Turning off friendly fire opens the door to many more exploits. The bait and switch tactic would be incredibly easy to pull off once your team has the rockets. You could let them fly without any fear of betrayals. Just send a teammate into the open, and wait for the other team to engage. A well placed stickie could turn any teammate into a suicide bomber as well. You could also use the hammer to launch the Grif towards the goal in Grifball. The possibilities are endless.