What should count as betrayal.

I swear this isn’t a rant, please read.
>>
If a teamate shoots you and you kill them that shouldn’t be a betrayal because you won.

Splattering someone out of retaliation, shouldn’t be betrayal…
A teamate was purposely charging my ghost and flipping it. And shooting fuel rods at me.
Though there is no friendly fire it makes it difficult to drive.
So I bumped him to break his shields, he gets killed (by enemy)…after that he came back and didn’t stop. So I ran him over. I get booted, and cannot view that game in theater so I can see who it was.
(To report him)

If you kill a team member it’s betrayal, the system cannot work out reasons, you kill team members you’re betraying, and the banhammer will eventually fall.

You kill a teammate, that’s a betrayal.
It doesn’t matter how you do it, its a betrayal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY

Next time be the bigger man and let it go, if they persist let them kill you and boot THEM.

> 2728966917079826;3:
> You kill a teammate, that’s a betrayal.
> It doesn’t matter how you do it, its a betrayal.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY
>
> Next time be the bigger man and let it go, if they persist let them kill you and boot THEM.

LOL…great clip. That one is a classic!

At least you didn’t stick someone and your team mate runs directly into them and dies, effectively cancelling out the kill.

Some betrayals are kinda -Yoink-.

I was playing battle of noctus last night and I railed gunned someones sword ghost that drove into the monument. What I didnt see was a teammate boarding him on the other side. It blew up and killed them both. I dint get kicked or anything but I did feel bad. The guy msged me and asked how the hell that happened.

> 2533274925980038;6:
> Some betrayals are kinda -Yoink-.
>
> I was playing battle of noctus last night and I railed gunned someones sword ghost that drove into the monument. What I didnt see was a teammate boarding him on the other side. It blew up and killed them both. I dint get kicked or anything but I did feel bad. The guy msged me and asked how the hell that happened.

Those things happen, and it’s great when there’s no animosity or revenge, we were playing btb slayer on Entombed yesterday, a team mate in a Wraith took me and an enemy out at the back of the map, I got the option to boot him but did not, there was no way he could have seen me coming around the corner to kill the player he fired at, you can usually tell when a player deliberately betrays.

Killing a teammate is still a betrayal no matter what the cause is. If they have an immortal commendation in breakout, Any sort of team killing shouldn’t be passed since it will screw them over

> 2592250499819446;7:
> > 2533274925980038;6:
> > Some betrayals are kinda -Yoink-.
> >
> > I was playing battle of noctus last night and I railed gunned someones sword ghost that drove into the monument. What I didnt see was a teammate boarding him on the other side. It blew up and killed them both. I dint get kicked or anything but I did feel bad. The guy msged me and asked how the hell that happened.
>
>
> Those things happen, and it’s great when there’s no animosity or revenge, we were playing btb slayer on Entombed yesterday, a team mate in a Wraith took me and an enemy out at the back of the map, I got the option to boot him but did not, there was no way he could have seen me coming around the corner to kill the player he fired at, you can usually tell when a player deliberately betrays.

Yeah. I have also got a 24 hour ban for splattering 3 people on accident all at once xD It was a team of 3 people playing together and they all tried to Spartan Drop a warthog coming into the fortress. Well on the other side I was charging in with a Scout hog and was going to ram it head on. They dropped before he got under them lol. I nailed all 3 of them before I could turn or stop. Some -Yoink- is hilarious. Other times though when you have that -Yoink- in a Ghost who just makes it his hobby to splatter all teammates or try to flip other peoples higher tier ghosts so they can try and steal em.

Well in warzone there is no friendly fire but…
The spartan charge still throws vehicles arround.

So if a teamate is spartan charging your vehicle, you shouldn’t be penalized for betrayal.

Trying to flip you cuz they are mad your providing cover?
They want your vehicle?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

343 being allowed to make this game

> 2533274793248262;11:
> 343 being allowed to make this game

Better option than Bungie in my opinion.

To op, there is no way to make a system that detects things that youre asking for.

> 2728966917079826;3:
> You kill a teammate, that’s a betrayal.
> It doesn’t matter how you do it, its a betrayal.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY
>
> Next time be the bigger man and let it go, if they persist let them kill you and boot THEM.

Betraying a teammate. That’s a paddlin’

Enable full friendly fire.& If your team mate kills you, your weapon should de-spawn.

Do +50% damage to teammate and they get killed by an enemy it should be a betrayal on you and the enemy shouldn’t get a kill. If you kill them yourself It’s a betrayal.
It should be 2 betrayals then they get the option to boot you. However if you betray someone who has betrayed you even if its your first betrayal they should get the option to boot you.

This is the best system I can think of.

A betrayal should work in a similar way to the assist medal in the way that you have dealt the most damage to your teammate before they have died, with the exception of jumping off a cliff.

This is why friendly fire should be turned off since there’s no good reason whatsoever for having it in matchmaking. If people are that desperate to team-kill then go do it in custom games. Halo 1 was a good example that allowed betraying and it completely ruined online multiplayer for team based games, yet betraying is allowed in Halo 5 which is ridiculous. There’s plenty of times where I’ve tried to kill opponents and I couldn’t fire without possibly killing a team-mate due to a team-mate getting in the way but instead I would be punished for trying to play the game the way it’s supposed to be played just because 343i didn’t turn the friendly fire off.

The betrayal system is broken as it is like seeing players getting directly killed by team-mates then classing as an enemy kill…even the original enemy that fired had already been killed.

Why don’t they just nerf the common betrayal methods.

>nerf friendly splatter damage
>nerf friendly meele
>remove friendly spartan charge knockback

90% of “Betrays” are not !?
Grenades throw in at a enemy can easily catch team mates doubly so for splinter grenades, in a charge the play in front can get caught in the back and who’s not shot a team mate because they mistook the colour of their armour ?
Unless you know the players gone after you to kill you,you should put it down to friendly fire and as Else sings " LET IT GO" and when you see the option for “Betray” hit forget quickly so BOTH of you can get back in the game !

If/when you’ve done it to a team mate I always call over my mic " Sorry didn’t mean it " so even if it doesn’t set off a betray at least they’ll understand why it happened ?

In a situation like that its best to try and get away from someone like that. Im guessing they were trying to get you to run them over to boot you. Reach had that issue with Team Snipers where teammates would try n jump infront of you to get you to kill them when you were zoomed in to boot you.