What should be in the next campaign?

since ther is so much discussion about the next storyline in Halo, why don’t we create some new ideas for what our objectivees should be.
In Reach it was pretty much kill, press a button, move, and keep killing and press a button every now and then. Not exactly repetitive, but not the most fun either(the only exception is LNOS). ODST wasn’t that different, but at least it was not as linear.

Halo 3 was all right, with rescuing marines, killing covenant at strategic points,killing SCARABS, might I add, as well as the good ol’reaching a certain spot.
Halo 2 was somewhat similar to Halo 3, as well as defendinng scarabs and watching a fight between elites and brutes, then joining in, and the memorable cutting the cables.

CE was the most unique, with rescuing several marine squads, protecting keyes, destroying genorators that emp your shields, and so on. go play the game to find out

anyway, my point is, make some of your own own objectives that you think would be great for a halo game.

I came up with one, just protect a few genorators from being destroyed, a la genorator defense, Firefight.

Where on earth did you learn to spell? My head hurts after reading that…

As for ideas, there’s another thread for what add-ons people would like to see. But as for storyline…

I’d like a Canon game. I’d really appreciate a full, to the letter representation of Ghosts of Onyx. That’d be the best I could imagine. The truth of the matter is that Spartans never really died as Heroic as some of the others. This is a side of the story that simply MUST be told. Knowing that a lone jackal like the one that did Kat in is a thing the community really needs to adhere to.

Otherwise, I’d love to see a battle between ancient forerunner technology coming alive with a few forerunners in cryo and Chief has earned their respect and Reclaimer status to unlock the secrets, but not without a fight to prove he’s worthy. That’d be an interesting storyline point. That forerunners made dormant pods in the event they wished for someone to know what they were about…

The Flood, oh how I missed you so.

Nuclear winter. Like seriously I was hoping for major destruction in Reach. Maybe a Covenant super glassing nuke? Seeing as how every nuke went down with the ships and the UNSC ended up not using a single nuke on Reach apparently. -.-

I’d love an actual stealth mission. ODST gave the impression that stealth would be rewarded, which wasn’t the case. What was the point of suppressed weapons if the enemy AI instantly knew where you were after the first shot anyway? And was Nightfall in Reach not suppose to be possible without alerting every other enemy in the level when you fire off your first shot or assassinate an unsuspecting elite?

What I really want is a level where suppressed weapons actually act act like their title. For example, let’s say your running around a city under siege by the Covenant. You have work your way up to a good vantage point without being spotted and your reward is a group of unaware enemies engaging UNSC forces. You have to chose your targets wisely to stay hidden, working from the back towards the front so the others don’t notice, maybe even using the surrounding battle as cover, firing when there are explosions and what not to help cover your own shots.

Something like that would be cool. It takes more than darkness and “suppressed” weapons to make a stealth mission.

i vote for rideable Moas.

> i vote for rideable Moas.

+1 . this is relevant to my interests.

> > i vote for rideable Moas.
>
> +1 . this is relevant to my interests.

How do you feel about grunts as pets?

> i vote for rideable Moas.

You owe me 10 mongoose splatters for this statement. Vid proof required :stuck_out_tongue:

Next thing they should add to the next campaign for a new Halo game is: new enemies or even new weapons, the same enemies are a little tiring, they get easy after awhile, especially the Elites, the same combo kills them, EMP Blast to them and a shot to the head or a melee attack, or even better, the Grunts. The Grunts were the easiest and most pathetic enemies in the entire Halo Series, but also pretty embarrassing if you get killed by one, like me for example, all you had to do was shoot them in the head since they had no head gear, but in Halo Reach, Bungie gave them it so they weren’t so weak I guess, and for new weapons… I don’t know, something like a RayGun, that blast enemies back and hurts them?

> Next thing they should add to the next campaign for a new Halo game is: new enemies or even new weapons, the same enemies are a little tiring, they get easy after awhile, especially the Elites, the same combo kills them, EMP Blast to them and a shot to the head or a melee attack, or even better, the Grunts. The Grunts were the easiest and most pathetic enemies in the entire Halo Series, but also pretty embarrassing if you get killed by one, like me for example, all you had to do was shoot them in the head since they had no head gear, but in Halo Reach, Bungie gave them it so they weren’t so weak I guess, and for new weapons… I don’t know, something like a RayGun, that blast enemies back and hurts them?

How very informative.

My favorite Halo campaign is Halo Reach. The thing I love the most about it is that YOU are your own character and your armour shows in the cutscenes and in gameplay. They made the campaign to where it makes you feel like YOU actually took part in the Halo timeline. Instead of pretending to be MC. There are more reasons I like Halo Reach’s campaign the best but that is one of my main ones. They should make the rest of the games like that.

> My favorite Halo campaign is Halo Reach. The thing I love the most about it is that YOU are your own character and your armour shows in the cutscenes and in gameplay. They made the campaign to where it makes you feel like YOU actually took part in the Halo timeline. Instead of pretending to be MC. There are more reasons I like Halo Reach’s campaign the best but that is one of my main ones. They should make the rest of the games like that.

It didn’t feel like that at all, for me anyway. I thought of it as just a nice little feature, but not something that made you feel apart of the Halo time line. In fact, the older games did a better job of making you feel immersed in the Halo universe and apart of the time line. Running through their campaigns you felt like you were actually doing something important. You felt like you were saving the universe. You felt bad–Yoink-. When you played the next game in the series the characters would refer to things you had done in the previous games (like blowing up the Halo) and you could say, “I remember doing that.” In Reach, I didn’t feel any of those things. I felt like I was being rushed from point to point doing unimportant tasks, because in the end my character dies anyway. The whole planet is destroyed, and the next games don’t make any mentions of that character you were being, and I doubt future games will. You were unimportant in the grand scheme of things in the Halo universe because we all know how Cortana really met the chief ;]

Anyway, I’d love to see the flood in future campaigns. Exotic, mysterious locals would be nice too, and that whole sense of mystery and wonder needs to make a return.

> > i vote for rideable Moas.
>
> You owe me 10 mongoose splatters for this statement. Vid proof required :stuck_out_tongue:

haha why is that?

It really all does come down to whatever game gets released next. I’ve fallen out of the loop as to whether or not the proposed Halo CE remake is actually going to happen – if so, NOTHING should be touched with the campaign. Even though a new engine has to come into play with the development, keep the voice actors, keep the same script, and keep everything true to the original campaign (multiplayer, though, is a different story for a different day, obviously).

In terms of not knowing what’s next, title release wise, I’ll just throw out some random ideas. I want to see dual wielding certain weaponry throughout the campaign. I also want the return of the Flood. If the next game centers around Master Chief? Keep the corny crap out. I want his return to be nothing less than what we Halo fans deserve. I want a campaign similar to the layout of Reach, just without the constant “activate this switch” format they used for it. It worked for Reach, in my personal opinion, but it won’t work again. It’s a formula that could have only been done with Reach.

Other than that, if it’s a whole new storyline, I want it to be true to the Halo timeline, and I don’t want it to be outlandish either (OMG MC RETURNS TO FIGHT OFF THE COVENANT AGAIN). It’ll need to be good, well thought out and plausible to all of us fans. I’m sure it will be though. We haven’t been let down so far, we’re you to ask me.

Next Halo?

I think we should link up with Halsey, Fred, Linda, and the rest of the crew at the Dyson Sphere. Still gives time for there to be Covenant AND Flood foes. Still has that classic Halo formula of playing a Spartan…Maybe even one with a pre-done personality. You could PLAY Fred! (I like fred XD)

It would also bring back that sense of excitement and wonder of discovering a new place. How awesome would it be to see Fred and the gang’s return back to UNSC controlled space? (I just made that sound like a Scooby Doo Episode).

You’d even have Halsey along for that “Cortana” vibe. We’d also get the chance to finally explore some of the other Spartan IIs. There’s plenty enough for a squad, along with some other Spartan IIIs if I remember correctly. Finally having a squad of Spartan IIs to fight with that people who have read the books can know, recognize, and connect with? Could get interesting…

This’d be a wonderful setting for the next Halo game.

MAKE IT 343 OR I WILL BE DISSATISFIED AND GET ALL PISSY.