What should be in Halo 5

Without any offense to 343 Studios and Halo 4 I just wanted to say they put a dent in the Franchise. It’s a playable game and attracts a fairly large community but with Halo 4 it has took a big chunk of fun out of the game. I am here to find the solutions to 343 Studios problems and i’m sure people will want to help out as well. So I will make a list of things off the top of my head that I think they did wrong…

The Community should post there thoughts as well…

1. Doesn’t look like Halo
    With al the Halos leading up to this one there was no extreme lighting. What im saying is that the lighting in the game is way too bright. People would say turn down your brightness but I play with mine at a little bit higher then average to see other players. The players textures are bright seeing other players is often very easy if not always. There is this aura around the character as well that I do not like either. Check out these pictures to see what I am talking about.

There is a mixture of Halos so try to find out what I am talking about.

Halo pics

So my answer is maybe a little less brighter it just doesn’t look like Halo

1. Forge
    Forge is Halo’s Backbone and must be perfect to satisfy its players. Now whats wrong with Halo 4’s Forge. First the Blocks are not square they are rounded on corners. if you were to snap 4 1x1 blocks in a 2x2 formation side by side in the middle you would have a diamond shaped hole. this isn’t such a big deal but leads to problems when getting object in perfect position.
    I like the Color Scheme for all the objects with a White texture but as I said before way too shiny.
    Another problem is the Generating Lighting takes way to long and should be reverted back to no lighting whatsoever… Just saying.

2. Fast Gameplay
    I don’t know how they did it but they sped up Halo. Am I the only one who feels this way because I know I was not moving that fast in the past lol.

3. Meeting new People
    Fun of all Multiplayer games Is meeting new people. In Halo 4 it seemed as if I met just Spartans with Gamertags. I blame the Before Match Layout mainly because its hard to see who is speaking and there names since they are all vertical. Definitely be creative with the layout but make the names Horizontal or just revert back to Halo’s original layout 343. “P.S. this affected my matchmaking so much and made it depressing to play the game.”

The main thing is that I feel like Halo should be like its previous games just like everybody else. If 343 Studios does a good job which i’m sure they will, I would expect Halo 5 to be less like Halo 4 and more like Halo 3. Skip Reach make another Halo 3 if possible lol. If it wasn’t for the Franchise itself I would be playing something else and not focusing on Halo 5.

> 1. Doesn’t look like Halo
> With al the Halos leading up to this one there was no extreme lighting. What im saying is that the lighting in the game is way too bright. People would say turn down your brightness but I play with mine at a little bit higher then average to see other players. The players textures are bright seeing other players is often very easy if not always. There is this aura around the character as well that I do not like either. Check out these pictures to see what I am talking about.
>
> There is a mixture of Halos so try to find out what I am talking about.
>
> <mark>Halo pics</mark>
>
> So my answer is maybe a little less brighter it just doesn’t look like Halo

This is a terrible example, it three pictures of concept art/box art and some halo 4 gameplay stills.
I will agree that halo 4 lighting could do with some adjustments but I’m really not seeing how it “doesn’t look like halo”.

I think it should be more like halo 3 or 2. Because I have heard that halo 2 was the best of any halo even though I never played it wished I did. But I did enjoy halo 3 so either one of those will be good.

Space battles, Condors, Scarabs, Mammoths, 500v500 ground battles…

I’m kidding

Anyways a few things that I would like to see in H5 are

• cool, simple armor (less shiny)
  • more customizable armor (kinda like Reach but more)
  • Elites in MP
  • Elites with their own customizable armor (H2A Elites are looking pretty sweet)
  • Forge improvements (H2A Forge is also looking pretty sweet)
  • Firefight (survival based)
  • more/better Easter Eggs

> > 1. Doesn’t look like Halo
> > With al the Halos leading up to this one there was no extreme lighting. What im saying is that the lighting in the game is way too bright. People would say turn down your brightness but I play with mine at a little bit higher then average to see other players. The players textures are bright seeing other players is often very easy if not always. There is this aura around the character as well that I do not like either. Check out these pictures to see what I am talking about.
> >
> > There is a mixture of Halos so try to find out what I am talking about.
> >
> > <mark>Halo pics</mark>
> >
> > So my answer is maybe a little less brighter it just doesn’t look like Halo
>
> This is a terrible example, it three pictures of concept art/box art and some halo 4 gameplay stills.
> I will agree that halo 4 lighting could do with some adjustments but I’m really not seeing how it “doesn’t look like halo”.

all the Halos except Halo 4 were darker then this one.
It’s like 343 got together and said Brighter is Better :D. Also im saying the textures of the Spartans don’t match every map like they should. They glow bright even on dark ones

> Space battles, Condors, Scarabs, Mammoths, 500v500 ground battles…
>
> I’m kidding
>
> Anyways a few things that I would like to see in H5 are
>
> - cool, simple armor (less shiny)
> - more customizable armor (kinda like Reach but more)
> - Elites in MP
> - Elites with their own customizable armor (H2A Elites are looking pretty sweet)
> - Forge improvements (H2A Forge is also looking pretty sweet)
> - Firefight (survival based)
> - more/better Easter Eggs

Simpler Armor would be better. they had some crazy ideas for helmets. One made you look like a Unicorn I think.

Elites in MP will probably not be good due to where the headshot indicators are located next to Spartans

Easter Eggs are what I love lol

An interface to build custom FF maps.

And, just so everyone know, I spent around 5 years experimenting with the Zero Engine (a very primitive one BTW), and pathing can be set up with boxes around maps. AI will get out of it for objectives and try to find the quickest way back to the pathing box.

So I think having something similar to Trait Zones (but for pathing) could be a viable solution for the future.

> An interface to build custom FF maps.
>
> And, just so everyone know, I spent around 5 years experimenting with the Zero Engine (a very primitive one BTW), and pathing can be set up with boxes around maps. AI will get out of it for objectives and try to find the quickest way back to the pathing box.
>
> So I think having something similar to Trait Zones (but for pathing) could be a viable solution for the future.

Genius