what should be in campaign

this is basically a list of things that I want to be in the campaign
1:a companion for master chief, would really like the arbiter to be it
2:more than 1 playable character like in halo 2 how you could play as the arbiter
3:forerunner vehicles
4:more interactive campaign
5:better easter eggs halo 4 easter eggs where horrible
6:different ways to go to complete a level, I found it hard to find different ways to complete levels
7:actually good legendary ending
8:dont show master chiefs full face…
9:new forerunner enemies
10:different ending of levels based on how you played it. ex: someone is taken hostage and you take too long so they die, changing the rest of the campaign.
11:make master chief have more than like 10 lines in the whole game
12:skulls
13:MARTIN O DONNEL How did I forget that…
14:More exploration,I’m thinking of some kind of outskirts outside of the levels where friendly AIs would not follow you with some forerunner structures with secret armour or upgrades in them and random packs of rare enimies.
15:more vehicle levels
16:smarter AIs that actually use ammo and can carry different weapons Beacause some elites in H2 could do it and so can the arbiter in halo 3.
17:getting to know master cheif
This was edited with things i forgot to put in it so tell me what you think should be in halo 5s campaign

I disagree with different endings. It can get too dicey with linear stories and starts to feel out of place. I like my FPS games with a Point A-Point B story, not a Point A-A1-Point B1 story.

It works for RPGs for me, but not for shooters. It always comes off as forced, and I think the focus should be on crafting a well written story and not making multiple endings, where only one is canon. That’s never rewarding for me. :\

> this is basically a list of things that I want to be in the campaign
> 1:a companion for master chief, would really like the arbiter to be it
> 2:more than 1 playable character like in halo 2 how you could play as the arbiter
> 3:forerunner vehicles
> 4:more interactive campaign
> 5:better easter eggs halo 4 easter eggs where horrible
> 6:different ways to go to complete a level, I found it hard to find different ways to complete levels
> 7:actually good legendary ending
> 8:dont show master chiefs full face…
> 9:new forerunner enemies
> 10:different ending of levels based on how you played it. ex: someone is taken hostage and you take too long so they die, changing the rest of the campaign.
> 11:make master chief have more than like 10 lines in the whole game
> that’s really all I can think of right now so tell me what you think should be in the halo x box one campaign in the comments

Why not show Master Chief’s full face? Don’t you think it’s a little bit hard to make a character human and relatable when all you see is a helmet? Also you see his full face at the beginning of the game and his face is described in the novels, his face hasn’t been a mystery for a long time.

Multiple ending is bad. Ka Five covered that for me. :slight_smile:

Chief had quite a bit of dialogue in Halo 4, he will probably speak more in the next game.

I’d like to see a few more vehicle based missions.

New and improved Prometheans that arnt so dull to fight.

Forerunner weapons that don’t feel like re-skined Unsc weapons.

Longer Mission’s.

Larger out door environments.

Blue team.

Improved friendly AI.

> 2:more than 1 playable character like in halo 2 how you could play as the arbiter
> 3:forerunner vehicles
> 6:different ways to go to complete a level, I found it hard to find different ways to complete levels
> <mark>7:actually good legendary ending</mark>
> 8:dont show master chiefs full face…
> 10:different ending of levels based on how you played it. ex: someone is taken hostage and you take too long so they die, changing the rest of the campaign.
> 11:make master chief have more than like 10 lines in the whole game
> that’s really all I can think of right now so tell me what you think should be in the halo x box one campaign in the comments

It was a good legendary ending, symbolically. Better than Halo 2’s legendary ending that’s for sure. :wink:

my List:

1. Missions with an Obvious UNSC presence (Lots of Marines, ODSTs, Spartans, etc.)
  2. HEAVILY improved Allied AI
  3. Less spammy enemies
  4. Well-made Vehicle missions
  5. Less obnoxious Knights (if they return)
  6. English speaking covenant (i’m fine with them speaking Sanghelli, just not ALL the time)
  7. Return of Hunter’s Beam weapon
  8. UNSC sentry turrets that are worthwhile (H4 Dominion turret, and Reach Scythe, i’m looking at you)

:confused:

Halo 5’s campaign should include…- Blue Team

• More connection with the lore, and more explanation of the lore in-game
  • Difficulty that is raised by making AI’s smarter instead of turning them into bullet-sponges
  • Far more hints towards future lore within entities such as Easter Eggs and pseudo-terminals
  • Less linear, more open
  • The Flood
  • Flawless integration of the soundtrack into the game
  • Useful Friendly AI
  • High variety in setting
  • High improvement with the Prometheans
  • Much, much more…

You simply forgot to add SKULLS!

1. Missions designed like The Storm, The Ark and The Covenant.

2. Battles as large as those found in Two Betrayals.

> <mark>3:forerunner vehicles</mark>
> <mark>7:actually good legendary ending</mark>
> <mark>8:dont show master chiefs full face…</mark>
> <mark>10:different ending of levels based on how you played it. ex: someone is taken hostage and you take too long so they die, changing the rest of the campaign.</mark>
> <mark>11:make master chief have more than like 10 lines in the whole game</mark>
> <mark>that’s really all I can think of right now so tell me what you think should be in the halo x box one campaign in the comments</mark>

Only if Forerunner vehicles are used to battle other Forerunner vehiles. The War Sphinx was a Forerunner combat suit, and it was capable of leveling continents. Forerunner vehicles appear so far to be massively OP if used in general combat.

That’s subjective. I found Halo 4’s Legendary Ending, showing part of Chief’s face, to be great. Really put down that humanity thing the whole game was going on about.

I don’t want him wandering around without a helmet for half the game, but we’ve already seen his face as a kid numerous times and had it described in books. Keeping an illusion that Chief is the player is really taking away from his development as a character in game. 343i finally made an effort to correct that with his interactions, speech, and showing a glimpse of his face.

Different paths are good, but different endings and outcomes are not. Halo isn’t that kind of game. Multiple endings would completely throw off future lore and events and make things hard to follow. The overall story has to be solid.

As described above, no. Chief speaking more was a look deeper into his character, a character that has been absent in game during Bunie’s trilogy. He has a character in the books. Now to show that in the campaigns.

My Campaign list.

1. Don’t let MC sound so old.
  2. Give him a lot of companions.
  3. Don’t let him lonewolf so much.
  4. Put him between large conflicts. (Think the old halo diorama, how awesome would a level like that be.)
  5. Create a Hub were we can roam free in between missions maybe. ( infinity hub ).
  6. Give the MC some customisation that the player can adjust between missions (put him in the Mjölnir machine)
  7. More space-war or astroid base levels.
  8. Add more UNSC vehicles and firepower, immerse us in the military world.
  9. let Marty O’Donnell make some sounds (freelance)
  10. Tease the existence of cortana at the end of the campaign.
  11. Put some devious plan to get rid of MC in the story… ( Oni assassination team after MC ).
  12. Put some dialogue in it that mentions old battles and reach. expand the lore.
  13. More Battle levels than stealth levels.
  14. Make the Bubbleshield into a grenade again.
  15. More vehicle levels like Tsavohighway, and levels like halo from combat evolved.
  16. Less Linear gameplay.
  17. Increase gore a bit more.
  18. Better protagonists and baddies… and don’t kill all at the end.
  19. Begin campaign with a recap of what happend. covering the series as well.

I agree with numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11…

Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.

> I agree with numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11…
>
>
> Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.

For some reason, I ultimately preferred the Broadsword run in Halo 4 over the Warthog runs in the previous games.

> I agree with numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11…
>
>
> <mark>Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.</mark>

I wouldn’t like that…it’d get too predictable doing it a third time, and a little lazy as far as imagination goes.

Forunner vehicles? They can teleport. That dont make sense to me.

I really wanna see the brutes and their brutal vehicles and weapons back. I took them more serious than like grunts and shakals.

Showing chiefs face would kill me. Dont do it. Just dont.

> > I agree with numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11…
> >
> >
> > <mark>Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.</mark>
>
> I wouldn’t like that…it’d get too predictable doing it a third time, and a little lazy as far as imagination goes.

> > I agree with numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11…
> >
> >
> > Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.
>
> For some reason, I ultimately preferred the Broadsword run in Halo 4 over the Warthog runs in the previous games.

Eh, preferences i guess.

• Return of The Flood - Return of the Arbiter - Larger missions - lots of vehicles and objectives - Better Forerunner weapons - including a decent beam weapon - No Chief face - More awesome Chief moments - e.g. Halo 2

My Campaign List:

1. Never, ever, hint the return of Cortana. I’m fine with her being a dead chip of remembrance that Chief carries with him everywhere but bringing her back is lazy story telling. Chief needs to move on and figure out who he is individually.

2. Up the threat of the Covenant/Forerunner. Humanity is barely even challenged. I don’t want the UNSC to be on the losing side but it should at least feel like the Covenant and Forerunners are doing more then just poking a stick into the UNSC’s side. I would rather see the UNSC’s arm get chopped off and have humanity have to grow it back after the war. That analogy probably doesn’t make sense though.

3. The return of brutes so that the elites and brutes can have different attack styles rather than some merge.

4. A more interactive experience with the infinity. A possible Hub where Chief interacts between missions for slight armor and equipment tweaks. No upgrades though, that doesn’t belong in Halo, just simple choices between missions.

5. Marty!!!

6. English speaking enemies ONLY with the skull turned on.

7. Immerse Chief with more military surroundings for the first half of game. THen about halfway have chief go rogue. First Half: Tons of companions in both small incursions and big battles. Halfway: ONI does something where Chief leaves. 2/3: Chief goes looking for answers. Last Part of Campaign: Chief rallies companions and huge battle between, Chief and his troops, the Covenant, UNSC/ONI, and the Forerunners. (Possibly the flood as well) This all builds towards a final conflict that was the reason for the big battles and incursions and for Chief searching for answers.

8. Return of Arbiter!!!

9.Smarter AI on increased difficulty.

1. Start of campaign, Chief gets new DOT like AI. When he goes rogue, depending on the AI’s character development, the AI either follows him or leaves him. (IF AI leaves, then possibly have Roland come with Lasky when Chief is recruiting.)

2. Less linear gameplay, bigger environments mixed with small ones. MOre vehicle missions, one awesome space mission.

3. Forerunner vehicles and more types of forerunner enemies. More unpredictability with forerunner types of enemies.

4. Kill Palmer.

5. Explain what happens in the books and other series more.

15.More devastation and threats without UNSC becoming too weak. Okay with them losing for a little bit but I don’t want them on the losing side.

1. Better music. (See “Marty!!!” Above)

2. NO quick time ending. It made the Didact seem too weak and Cortana’s death didn’t make any sense.

3. Possible assassination mission where you don’t have to fight through everyone around the target before killing him.

4. Possibly fight UNSC troops. Make Chief question whether or not he should be taking the lives of humans.

5. ODSTs

6. Much less “Go and press this button, so you can go and press this button.” As well as much less, “We are going to just have wave upon wave of enemies attack you without a great explanation.”

7. Better intro.

8. Possible return of the flood.

That’s all I can think of for right now though.

@ The post above mine…

I can agree with almost every point, except for maybe 4, 10 and 17…Other than that, good list :slight_smile:

> @ The post above mine…
>
> I can agree with almost every point, except for maybe 4, 10 and 17…Other than that, good list :slight_smile:

Thanks. And with 4, based on #7, the Hub would only be available for the first half of the Campaign. But it’s a maybe. Also with 10, you do need some sort of AI to tell you what to do as a player but I guess I’m not sure if Chief needs another AI right now.

> Also, they need to bring back the Warthog run thing that was in CE and H3 at the end of the final mission.

Been there, done that, got the completion; best to do something else.