What scopes do you use?

Halo 5 has loooooooads of scopes for your loadout weapons, and according to the game files, there might be even more buried somewhere. I’ve been using the Longshot BR pretty much since I got it after six hours of playing Halo 5, and it’s always been my go-to. However, I recently switched to the Hybrid sight, and found that to feel very fluid, and I somehow felt quicker when using it. I think that’s down to having a much larger field of view when using the scope.

As for the DMR, I’ve always stuck with the Longshot scope with that, too. The Recon scope I feel doesn’t do the DMR justice, because it is a long-range marksman weapon that’s often outclassed at the low-mid range of the Scout scope. The Sentinel scope is something I avoid like the plague. On top of it looking massive and bulky on screen, it’s field of view is tiny. Again, I found myself drawn to the Hybrid scope.

What do you guys use?

For the most part I use the Longshot scope on both the BR and the DMR, unless Im playing normal Warzone, at which point I break out the Sentinel for the DMR and put it to its assigned role of marksman rifle. At least until the Lightrifle one came out. Surprisingly useful.

recon sight for ARs and SMGs.
Sentinel Scope for BRs and DMRs.

> 2533274925659281;3:
> recon sight for ARs and SMGs.
> Sentinel Scope for BRs and DMRs.

Ooh, using Sentinel scope on the BR makes me cringe so bad…

I feel that I get more consistent kills with a Sentinel BR rather than a Sentinel DMR. It’s very satisfying.

It depends on what I need. I like using the BR, DMR and SMG a lot. BR and DMR I just use what is perfect for the situation (marksman for long range, recon for mid range) SMG I just use the traditional sight but I really want the morph variants for my DMR

> 2533274849069111;1:
> Halo 5 has loooooooads of scopes for your loadout weapons, and according to the game files, there might be even more buried somewhere. I’ve been using the Longshot BR pretty much since I got it after six hours of playing Halo 5, and it’s always been my go-to. However, I recently switched to the Hybrid sight, and found that to feel very fluid, and I somehow felt quicker when using it. I think that’s down to having a much larger field of view when using the scope.
>
> As for the DMR, I’ve always stuck with the Longshot scope with that, too. The Recon scope I feel doesn’t do the DMR justice, because it is a long-range marksman weapon that’s often outclassed at the low-mid range of the Scout scope. The Sentinel scope is something I avoid like the plague. On top of it looking massive and bulky on screen, it’s field of view is tiny. Again, I found myself drawn to the Hybrid scope.
>
> What do you guys use?

I once used Longshot on BR, but no longer. Occasionally I’ll use a Sentinel scope depending on the map.
Here are the scopes I mainly use nowadays
BR: Hybrid, Sentinel, Recon
DMR: Recon, Longshot, Sentinel
SMG: Recon, Hybrid, Projection, or Holographic. Doesn’t matter too much on the SMG in my opinion.
AR: Projection, Hybrid.

And a quick question, is it just me or are the Morph scopes stupid? They obstruct your view and barely zoom.

BR: Usually Longshot, but I’ll sometimes use Morph or CoG if I’m feeling up to experimenting and I’m okay with sacrificing the ability to use attachments since I guess only the stock scopes are good enough to be given this capability.

DMR: Somehow, I feel my performance with CoG is worse on this than the BR so I don’t really use it. Here it’s usually default or Sentinel depending on the map and situation, otherwise I might mix in Hybrid or Morph because I’m a sucker for that awesome LR scope view, even if you can’t use attachments because I don’t understand why.

AR: Recon or CoG. Usually CoG. CoG is awesome. I want to use Laser Targeter with it.

SMG: Recon or Hybrid. Usually just Hybrid. The default scope is kind of nice though.

Raises hand Hybrid.

I personally like to use the recon sights because that’s what I’ll be using any other time.

Hybrid, without question. I absolutely LOVE the CQB sight on the SMG, though. I hate the COG, Longshot, and Recon sights; they look so ugly to me. Sentinel is okay, but the field of view kind of sucks.

Longshot br silencer

Honestly it depends on what “phase” the game is in. For example, if I’m just calling in my BR at level 3 and only around 1-2 bases are capped or about to be capped, I’ll usually run Classic or Hybrid sight. I never use scopes on my AR.

Later in the game, when we reach around level 5-6, I’ll usually get a Longshot BR. The Sentinel sight is good for its purpose, but in practicality I would go for the Longshot because I dont have to worry about double-scoping should someone get close. As per SMGs, I always use the Projection sight. It makes the gun look slimmer IMO, and I love that. The other sights stick out like a sore thumb, even the default.

DMRs I always equip with the Recon sight. I kinda like how it looks on the DMR more than it does on the BR, to be honest. If I’m going for a long range, cross base type of thing, I’ll use Sentinel.

Senitinal with DMR and BR gunfighter magnum(if I had it =’( ) and anything with SMG and AR

AR: Default
BR: Morph/Hybrid
DMR: Sentinel
SMG: Projection