What’s the point of clan raids in halo 5

I don’t get the point of clan raids in halo five and what’s with people making up lore about there clan saving the world or stuff

for me, its just for fun, what else is there to a video game?

This is like going to an elementary school playground during recess and saying “what’s the point of all these kids playing make-believe?” I don’t know but you might as well let them have their fun and do your own thing without worrying about them so much

clan raids for halo in general are always a mystery to and the part about clans having lore sometimes it helps with recruiting and most just like to RP.

> 2535436646080967;1:
> I don’t get the point of clan raids in halo five and what’s with people making up lore about there clan saving the world or stuff

They’re having fun but it’s super annoying.

Dumb question here, but what the hell is a clan raid? Is it a game in forge with specific rules laid out? I have honestly never heard of it before. Just curious about it.

> 2535443291173526;6:
> Dumb question here, but what the hell is a clan raid? Is it a game in forge with specific rules laid out? I have honestly never heard of it before. Just curious about it.

Clan raids are open-access custom games where clans can invade other groups and attempt to control the map for themselves. The defenders naturally have an advantage, but the attackers can still prevail (after much effort)

> 2535436646080967;1:
> I don’t get the point of clan raids in halo five and what’s with people making up lore about there clan saving the world or stuff

Idk about the lore but for the clan raids it’s simple. Because people like it.
same thing with warzone why is it there? Because people like it

> 2535429593088083;7:
> > 2535443291173526;6:
> > Dumb question here, but what the hell is a clan raid? Is it a game in forge with specific rules laid out? I have honestly never heard of it before. Just curious about it.
>
> Clan raids are open-access custom games where clans can invade other groups and attempt to control the map for themselves. The defenders naturally have an advantage, but the attackers can still prevail (after much effort)

Ya, so basically what I assumed it was. Thanks for letting me know.

i just didnt understand it, like if there was rules or anything. but thanks for the replies.

> 2535436646080967;1:

I kind I worded it rudely I meant what it was about

> 2535436646080967;10:
> i just didnt understand it, like if there was rules or anything. but thanks for the replies.

There are supposed to be rules. Usually though those go out the window the moment anything actually starts, at least as far as I can tell.

> 2535436646080967;11:
> > 2535436646080967;1:
> > I don’t get the point of clan raids in halo five and what’s with people making up lore about there clan saving the world or stuff
>
> I kind I worded it rudely I meant what it was about

Yeah don’t worry about it. Tone can’t be determined by words on a screen. Most the time people assume others are being mean or angry about stuff when they ask why things are a certain way for stuff. Even if they’re not trying to be.

It’s just a bit of role play. Playing raids can be fun some times cause the length of the maps are a lot different and it feels like playing a campaign map but in multiplayer.

> 2533274904158628;3:
> This is like going to an elementary school playground during recess and saying “what’s the point of all these kids playing make-believe?” I don’t know but you might as well let them have their fun and do your own thing without worrying about them so much

Well, just compared clan kids to elementary schoolers lmao

for fun my dude.

> 2535436646080967;1:

Clan raids have been a thing since Halo 3 (though it was known as the Keep system I believe). The objective of a clan raid is to take the enemy clan’s base and whoever holds it until the end wins. Raids are at this point the bread and butter of clan activity. (However, comp battles are still a thing, but aren’t as common).

Clans often base themselves off of something, and it reflects upon their structure, uniforms, and more. Some choose to develop a lore for their clan, however many simply stick to what they base themselves off of. Ultimately, it depends on where the leader wants to take the clan.

> 2533274907200114;12:
> > 2535436646080967;10:
> > i just didnt understand it, like if there was rules or anything. but thanks for the replies.
>
> There are supposed to be rules. Usually though those go out the window the moment anything actually starts, at least as far as I can tell.

In open raids, there are no Rules of Engagement. However, in a scheduled raid, an RoE is discussed before the raid begins, and it is possible to lose the raid by breaking RoE. However, RoE varies between clans and some will grasp at straws to prevent a loss. Clans with more common sense however, will try to keep things on track and will only call RoE on serious infractions.

Not all RoEs are created equally, and some have absolutely stupid rules. However, due to the nature of Halo 5, they have become necessary.

Hope this helps clear things up.

> 2533275018127719;17:
> > 2535436646080967;1:
> > I don’t get the point of clan raids in halo five and what’s with people making up lore about there clan saving the world or stuff
>
> Clan raids have been a thing since Halo 3 (though it was known as the Keep system I believe). The objective of a clan raid is to take the enemy clan’s base and whoever holds it until the end wins. Raids are at this point the bread and butter of clan activity. (However, comp battles are still a thing, but aren’t as common).
>
> Clans often base themselves off of something, and it reflects upon their structure, uniforms, and more. Some choose to develop a lore for their clan, however many simply stick to what they base themselves off of. Ultimately, it depends on where the leader wants to take the clan.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274907200114;12:
> > > 2535436646080967;10:
> > > i just didnt understand it, like if there was rules or anything. but thanks for the replies.
> >
> > There are supposed to be rules. Usually though those go out the window the moment anything actually starts, at least as far as I can tell.
>
> In open raids, there are no Rules of Engagement. However, in a scheduled raid, an RoE is discussed before the raid begins, and it is possible to lose the raid by breaking RoE. However, RoE varies between clans and some will grasp at straws to prevent a loss. Clans with more common sense however, will try to keep things on track and will only call RoE on serious infractions.
>
> Not all RoEs are created equally, and some have absolutely stupid rules. However, due to the nature of Halo 5, they have become necessary.
>
> Hope this helps clear things up.

Best dang consensius of the situation I have yet heard. Excellent my man.

Clan raids are an activity thing. Most clans don’t do open raids unless there is no one that wants to do an official raid.

In official raids Rules of Engagement are written up to make sure the raid is fair, or rather, as fair as a raid can be. Raids are an unfair battle to prove the superiority of another clan in offensive and defensive capability. The idea of a raid is truly idiotic but is still quite fun in a way; I, personally, would much rather play a competitive series rather than raid.

Open raids are completely different and in general have no rules so you could either have a fair raid where they obey a set of rules that are considered fair, or, a completely unfair base where the defenders have req weapons and spawn kill you all match and if you manage to kill them they just get in with an invisible teleporter.

Overall, raids aren’t a thing that anyone outside of clans shouldn’t really care for as it is a pointless display. I personally only like looking at the raid bases, getting inside doesn’t bother me.

Raids nowadays are pretty sad. It’s all about making the most overpowered base.

Most clans have a set of rules that are agreed upon, called an ROE. However, every clan ends up claiming that their clan wins in raids, even if they actually lose. I’ve seen clan leaders call “ROE breaking automatic raid win” because one accidentally picked up a shotgun for about two seconds in their bases’ armory before putting it back down.

Raids will never be fair. They are just for roleplaying, and in roleplaying, everyone wants to win.

If you really want a good clan, I advice sticking to competitive 2v2s, 4v4s, and 8v8s. I would stay away from raids unless you want to sit in a lobby sniping helpless people for hours on end, or if you want to be one of said people getting sniped.

EDIT
Clan raids are a necessity in clan activity as many clans are afraid to do competitive battles, or use members who aren’t even in their clan for said battles.
cough cough GoldPack