What´s Exactly your problem whit perks and loadouts?

I found myself playing Battlefield on PC, since i couldn´t sleep.

I got bored, closed the game and saw this very forum open in my browser, so i come to ask myself, why all hate perks and custom loadouts so much?

Now, i´m consicoius that the consequences in both games are different, since in BTF you die in 3 seconds with any weapon anyway.

But also considering they´re not going to be Like CoD (and since very one´s basing it´s judge on the 3 seconds we saw, it doesn´t look like it will give us a lot of liberty).

The whole concept just scares you or as you want to say it, ut is really that bad?.

Let´s put the things on the table, you didn´t like Reach as it did change the Halo you love, i liked it as i consider it a good game.(Even though Halo 3 and Gears 2 were my main reasons to get a 360 over a PS3(Over Resistance and GoW, at least), i really never felt nostalgia about Halo(i really got in love with Gears), maybe i´m too recent).

So you don´t like it to “change”, you preffer new weapons, better graphics, some new game modes and that stuff, but why?.

Maybe i am too used to other games?, maybe you´re too used to Halo?.

Nostalgia is not always good.

Oh, and don´t forget the reasons we (at least suposeddly) play:

Get some fun,love to the game and get away from real world.

Sorry for eing a little fuzzy, and forget my grammar too, i tend to speak a little phylosofically when i´m sleepy(now i donpt want to go to bed Ha).

It has everything to do with the kind of game Halo is. Halo is an Arena-style shooter with emphasis on power items and map control, these kind of FPS usually dont have classes or asymmetrical balance but rather have different balance and flows to them. The other FPS you see with custom loadouts and perks are class-based usually military FPS. That, and alot of people dont like the idea of Halo “copying” ideas from other games. I am not going to lie I am a little concerned about them, but I am sure there will be playlists that wont have them if they are included in the game.

> It has everything to do with the kind of game Halo is. Halo is an Arena-style shooter with emphasis on power items and map control, these kind of FPS usually dont have classes or asymmetrical balance but rather have different balance and flows to them. The other FPS you see with custom loadouts and perks are class-based usually military FPS. That, and alot of people dont like the idea of Halo “copying” ideas from other games. I am not going to lie I am a little concerned about them, but I am sure there will be playlists that wont have them if they are included in the game.

I´m pretty sure that if Frankie is right and it is going to be different to other games and adeauqted to Halo, it will be for Good, but we should wait to see.

Well, I’m not here to bash a feature I don’t know anything about, but the general idea of perks and custom loadouts go against Halo’s balanced, competitive nature that has everybody start a match out equally. Sure, it might be fun, but then, that’s why there are other games that pursue these features- if Halo tries doing something someone else is known for, it’s bound to do it worse due to less experience in the matter and that will lead to failure. Games should celebrate what makes them unique, not follow the mainstream, and what makes Halo unique in this perk-filled, uneven gaming world- where someone that has played more gets to beat your -Yoink- even if you are more skillful- is it’s balance.

Another reason is because Call of Duty and Battlefield have extremely short kill times regardless of what weapon you’re using, resulting in perks and custom weapon loadouts not really changing anything. Halo has shields AND health, and having an advantage for that much more time will be more than noticeable.

My problem is the same as everyone else; perks and loadouts fundamentally ends the core Halo gameplay aspect that all players, regardless of rank or skill level, start a match exactly the same. Noone is rewarded for being a General or a lvl 50, they all start with the same weapon as the cadet lvl 1 player.

To me this is one of the reasons why Halo is so interesting, and I’ve always thought that it is great that Bungie never caved into such things as perks.

I’m just disappointed that 343i haven’t come out and definitively said what is going on with Halo 4 and that side of things. Really disappointed.

> Well, I’m not here to bash a feature I don’t know anything about, but the general idea of perks and custom loadouts go against Halo’s balanced, competitive nature that has everybody start a match out equally. Sure, it might be fun, but then, that’s why there are other games that pursue these features- if Halo tries doing something someone else is known for, it’s bound to do it worse due to less experience in the matter and that will lead to failure. Games should celebrate what makes them unique, not follow the mainstream, and what makes Halo unique in this perk-filled, uneven gaming world- where someone that has played more gets to beat your -Yoink!- even if you are more skillful- is it’s balance.
>
> Another reason is because Call of Duty and Battlefield have extremely short kill times regardless of what weapon you’re using, resulting in perks and custom weapon loadouts not really changing anything. Halo has shields AND health, and having an advantage for that much more time will be more than noticeable.

I think it´s about implementation.

Maybe all default so the only advantage is from the one who knows what correctly adapts to it´s game style.

Don´t know, mixing it?, perks boosted by thingies around the map.

> Another reason is because Call of Duty and Battlefield have extremely short kill times regardless of what weapon you’re using, resulting in perks and custom weapon loadouts not really changing anything. Halo has shields AND health, and having an advantage for that much more time will be more than noticeable.

That’s pretty much it.

I don’t like to say it but I feel it is Microsoft not 343i that have implemented what ever type of perk/load-out and progressive ranking system into Halo 4. Microsoft know that games such as Cod, Battlefield and GoW a lll have these factors and they are extremely popular, this isn’t the only reason for success but it’s still a good enough trend for Microsoft to see.

I know Halo 4 will keep to it’s roots in some ways but people are going to be very disappointed if they want a Halo CE again. I expect to see a huge struggle of 343i’s desired: Classical Halo + innovation AND Microsofts: Popularity + Money Making.

> > Well, I’m not here to bash a feature I don’t know anything about, but the general idea of perks and custom loadouts go against Halo’s balanced, competitive nature that has everybody start a match out equally. Sure, it might be fun, but then, that’s why there are other games that pursue these features- if Halo tries doing something someone else is known for, it’s bound to do it worse due to less experience in the matter and that will lead to failure. Games should celebrate what makes them unique, not follow the mainstream, and what makes Halo unique in this perk-filled, uneven gaming world- where someone that has played more gets to beat your -Yoink!- even if you are more skillful- is it’s balance.
> >
> > Another reason is because Call of Duty and Battlefield have extremely short kill times regardless of what weapon you’re using, resulting in perks and custom weapon loadouts not really changing anything. Halo has shields AND health, and having an advantage for that much more time will be more than noticeable.
>
> I think it´s about implementation.
>
> Maybe all default so the only advantage is from the one who knows what correctly adapts to it´s game style.
>
> Don´t know, mixing it?, perks boosted by thingies around the map.

It can be done, but it would be EXTREMELY hard.

I don’t understand how you can even ask this question.

Why do people play one shooter over another?

Humans have different tastes in video games, and specifically in FPS’s. Halo is played instead of CoD by certain players because of its DIFFERENCES, not it’s similarities. It is the differences in a FPS that makes a person choose one over the other, so why in God’s name would you ever change Halo to be similar to another FPS? Loadouts and perks have been done by every shooter on the console, Halo was the last of it’s kind, so why change it?

I mean Halo 1 2 and 3 were absolute failures that didn’t attract millions of players and didn’t hold the number 1 spot on LIVE for a long time. So of course lets change the fundamentals of the game that was a failure. And as long as we copy CoD (that is exactly what they are doing and you know it) of course we will become number 1. Makes perfect sense.

My problem with loadouts and perks is that I don’t like them in my FPS’s, that is why I play HALO, this game that didn’t have any of that and was a simple, arena shooter with balanced player spawns.

HALO is why I play Halo. So I want HALO!!!

It simply threatens the balance that we are use to from the older games. You know starting on equal footing and fight for control of power ups and power weapons.

I’m not going to jump head of myself. I’m waiting to see if 343 can do something amazing and surprise me or cave in into the similar systems of known shooters of this generation. I do not want the latter to happen.

If counter strike can be competitive with load outs, Im sure halo can too. Its just really tricky on how they handle that.

I suspect the load outs would only cover utility weapons. For instance I would like the option to choose between DMR and BR. I don’t hate the idea of load outs so much because I know that it won’t include Snipers or Lasers (at least it won’t in a sane world).

Armor Perks though… no thanks. That’s not the Halo I want. Not only do I dislike the idea of uneven player capability but I dislike the idea that I would have to choose my armor pieces depending on how they affect my performance rather than on how they look. I love the CQB helm but I prefer a mid-long range fight, so where does that leave me? Wearing a helmet that I like the look of but gives me no performance enhancement.

This of course is me assuming A LOT. One day we will find out more and hopefully we will all laugh about this crazy time when we all speculated until our finger tips bled from hammering the keyboard all day long.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I dislike change !!!

I dont even change my socks E V E R

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

Just tattoo socks straight onto your feet. Problem solved.

> I don’t understand how you can even ask this question.
>
> Why do people play one shooter over another?
>
> Humans have different tastes in video games, and specifically in FPS’s. Halo is played instead of CoD by certain players because of its DIFFERENCES, not it’s similarities. It is the differences in a FPS that makes a person choose one over the other, so why in God’s name would you ever change Halo to be similar to another FPS? Loadouts and perks have been done by every shooter on the console, Halo was the last of it’s kind, so why change it?
>
> I mean Halo 1 2 and 3 were absolute failures that didn’t attract millions of players and didn’t hold the number 1 spot on LIVE for a long time. So of course lets change the fundamentals of the game that was a failure. And as long as we copy CoD (that is exactly what they are doing and you know it) of course we will become number 1. Makes perfect sense.
>
> My problem with loadouts and perks is that I don’t like them in my FPS’s, that is why I play HALO, this game that didn’t have any of that and was a simple, arena shooter with balanced player spawns.
>
> HALO is why I play Halo. So I want HALO!!!

343 Has already Stated it WILL be different than CoD, it was the media who used the word “Perks”.

Yet, we haven´t seen how it works yet so we can´t claim it to be “unbalanced”.

> I found myself playing Battlefield on PC, since i couldn´t sleep.
>
> I got bored, closed the game and saw this very forum open in my browser, so i come to ask myself, why all hate perks and custom loadouts so much?
>
> Now, i´m consicoius that the consequences in both games are different, since in BTF you die in 3 seconds with any weapon anyway.
>
> But also considering they´re not going to be Like CoD (and since very one´s basing it´s judge on the 3 seconds we saw, it doesn´t look like it will give us a lot of liberty).
>
> The whole concept just scares you or as you want to say it, ut is really that bad?.
>
> Let´s put the things on the table, you didn´t like Reach as it did change the Halo you love, i liked it as i consider it a good game.(Even though Halo 3 and Gears 2 were my main reasons to get a 360 over a PS3(Over Resistance and GoW, at least), i really never felt nostalgia about Halo(i really got in love with Gears), maybe i´m too recent).
>
> So you don´t like it to “change”, you preffer new weapons, better graphics, some new game modes and that stuff, but why?.
>
> Maybe i am too used to other games?, maybe you´re too used to Halo?.
>
> Nostalgia is not always good.
>
> Oh, and don´t forget the reasons we (at least suposeddly) play:
>
> Get some fun,love to the game and get away from real world.
>
> Sorry for eing a little fuzzy, and forget my grammar too, i tend to speak a little phylosofically when i´m sleepy(now i donpt want to go to bed Ha).

Honestly, Reach was terrible.
Seriously.
Look at it from a competitive standpoint. Reticule bloom, an idea Bungie had based on a game called Shadowrun, was a complete failure. It slowed the game down because people didn’t die when they should have. Armor abilities also slow down the gameplay. Sprint makes people who should have died live. Evade works the same way. Jetpack is overall annoying. Hologram is useless. Camo made camping extremely profitable. Armor Lock is just stupid and slows gameplay immensely. Bubble Shields just need to go away. Honestly, how is Reach GOOD? I admit, the gameplay improved immensely once 343 took over and introduced a no bloom gametype. However, as of today, it is utilized in just 2 playlists (MLG and TU Zero Bloom Slayer).

Also, in reply to SOSLICK22, Halo 1, 2, and 3 each held a top played on Live for multiple months. Where are you getting your info from, sir?

> I found myself playing Battlefield on PC, since i couldn´t sleep.
>
> I got bored, closed the game and saw this very forum open in my browser, so i come to ask myself, why all hate perks and custom loadouts so much?

I’m having a hard time finding these “perks” your talking about. You may have ended up on the wrong website. I think call of duty has perks I’d link you to their website, but I dont know the site because cod sucks dragon balls.

Resource management(weapon/powerup/equipment pickups) adds more depth to the game. It stops the game from solely revolving around power positions, promoting map movement and faster paced gameplay. If you spawn with everything you need, why move away from the power positions?

I don’t want perks in Halo, ever. I can live with sprint, jetpack, evade and maybe some new ones but that’s it. I love loadouts though, they need to change them a bit to make everyone happier though.

> > I found myself playing Battlefield on PC, since i couldn´t sleep.
> >
> > I got bored, closed the game and saw this very forum open in my browser, so i come to ask myself, why all hate perks and custom loadouts so much?
> >
> > Now, i´m consicoius that the consequences in both games are different, since in BTF you die in 3 seconds with any weapon anyway.
> >
> > But also considering they´re not going to be Like CoD (and since very one´s basing it´s judge on the 3 seconds we saw, it doesn´t look like it will give us a lot of liberty).
> >
> > The whole concept just scares you or as you want to say it, ut is really that bad?.
> >
> > Let´s put the things on the table, you didn´t like Reach as it did change the Halo you love, i liked it as i consider it a good game.(Even though Halo 3 and Gears 2 were my main reasons to get a 360 over a PS3(Over Resistance and GoW, at least), i really never felt nostalgia about Halo(i really got in love with Gears), maybe i´m too recent).
> >
> > So you don´t like it to “change”, you preffer new weapons, better graphics, some new game modes and that stuff, but why?.
> >
> > Maybe i am too used to other games?, maybe you´re too used to Halo?.
> >
> > Nostalgia is not always good.
> >
> > Oh, and don´t forget the reasons we (at least suposeddly) play:
> >
> > Get some fun,love to the game and get away from real world.
> >
> > Sorry for eing a little fuzzy, and forget my grammar too, i tend to speak a little phylosofically when i´m sleepy(now i donpt want to go to bed Ha).
>
> Honestly, Reach was terrible.
> Seriously.
> Look at it from a competitive standpoint. Reticule bloom, an idea Bungie had based on a game called Shadowrun, was a complete failure. It slowed the game down because people didn’t die when they should have. Armor abilities also slow down the gameplay. Sprint makes people who should have died live. Evade works the same way. Jetpack is overall annoying. Hologram is useless. Camo made camping extremely profitable. Armor Lock is just stupid and slows gameplay immensely. Bubble Shields just need to go away. Honestly, how is Reach GOOD? I admit, the gameplay improved immensely once 343 took over and introduced a no bloom gametype. However, as of today, it is utilized in just 2 playlists (MLG and TU Zero Bloom Slayer).
>
> Also, in reply to SOSLICK22, Halo 1, 2, and 3 each held a top played on Live for multiple months. Where are you getting your info from, sir?

If you peaced your shoots correctly you wouldn´t have a lot of problems with bloom.

And competitiveness is not everything, the game is fun to play.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

> > I don’t understand how you can even ask this question.
> >
> > Why do people play one shooter over another?
> >
> > Humans have different tastes in video games, and specifically in FPS’s. Halo is played instead of CoD by certain players because of its DIFFERENCES, not it’s similarities. It is the differences in a FPS that makes a person choose one over the other, so why in God’s name would you ever change Halo to be similar to another FPS? Loadouts and perks have been done by every shooter on the console, Halo was the last of it’s kind, so why change it?
> >
> > I mean Halo 1 2 and 3 were absolute failures that didn’t attract millions of players and didn’t hold the number 1 spot on LIVE for a long time. So of course lets change the fundamentals of the game that was a failure. And as long as we copy CoD (that is exactly what they are doing and you know it) of course we will become number 1. Makes perfect sense.
> >
> > My problem with loadouts and perks is that I don’t like them in my FPS’s, that is why I play HALO, this game that didn’t have any of that and was a simple, arena shooter with balanced player spawns.
> >
> > HALO is why I play Halo. So I want HALO!!!
>
> 343 Has already Stated it WILL be different than CoD, it was the media who used the word “Perks”.
>
> Yet, we haven´t seen how it works yet so we can´t claim it to be “unbalanced”.

Dear god… people are thick.

Cool fact: I don’t play any multiplayer game that has a class based system, perk system or progressive unlocks. Why? Because I don’t enjoy those mechanics and their repercussions on gameplay. That’s why I liked playing Halo, because it offered something I did like. Then came Reach, with its “loadouts”. I stopped playing Reach, and now 343 wants to continue from where Reach left off with Halo 4? They want to include customisable loadouts and a perk-like system, on top of god knows what else. These are features I do not like, so why would I buy Halo 4, because it has the name Halo on it? Sorry, I played for gameplay, not names.

No one’s saying that Halo 4 won’t be different from CoD. People are saying they don’t like these mechanics that 343 have said will be in the game. Is that so hard to understand?